Quantcast NextGen, Magic Band, and FP+ - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Just thinking about this a little.....Starting to get a bit leery about the whole "plan"....

This will make EMH a bit "interesting"...Now that everyone can stay in the park during EMH, will all the open attractions have RFID readers so they can tell who is eligible and who is not. But, what of those who opt-out of using the MagicBands? Will they now be turned away? Highly unlikely, but who knows at this point?

Also, for the 'hard ticketed' parties...Will they be able to put your reservation on the MagicBand so that you would not need the separate hard ticket? If so, the same question comes up - Do you NEED a MagicBand to enter, or will the 'hard ticket' still be issued? I expect that, at least in the early going, it will be a separate 'hard ticket' only.

Not a fan of setting up FastPass+ (FP+) 60 days out. Who knows exactly which park you are going to visit 60 days prior to arrival? And allowing only 3 FP+ reservations per day, for a single park....What happens if you do not have a device that can run MyDisneyExperience with you and you forget your FP+ return times (since you scheduled them 60 days prior)? Also, not knowing if you could get more FastPasses in the park of choice for that day, or for another park, if you park hop, is disconcerting at best.

I, honestly, never had a problem with the KTTW cards - easy to just put in your pocket to carry around. It should not have been any problem to incorporate RFID chips into the card itself and forgo the hassles of making sure you wear your MagicBand every time you leave your room. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!"

Sorry for the rant...I got a bit carried away!!
    Can't tell you about much, didn't learn anything new that we didn't already know (and no, i still don't like this).. But regarding EMH, if certain plan goes through, EMH will be a thing of the past... Not sure if that has been decided on or not yet...

As for special events, again, nothing.. wish I could help you more... Oh and the more I read around and talk to people, the more I hear that no one likes this idea at all... Even the most hyped up on pixie dust fan... CM's even hate it... From some accounts, it has been a disaster... I'm sure there are CM's who will spew the company line (for fear of losing their jobs maybe) but talk to them off the record, they hate it...

Congrats! Almost $2.0 billion spent on something that was not needed... Welcome to WDW 2013... Yea, don't fix the parks, especially DHS...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    This is horrid, bye bye fun vacation, hello spreadsheet planned to the minute vacation. This is a very bad idea, this will make it harder and harder to do anything spontaneous at Disney and quite honestly, if it gets out of hand, might make us rethink our trips and whether they are worth going or not.

I'm not planning out every single second of my vacation like disney wants me to, they can shove it.
    I don't think I'd have a huge problem if the reservation window for FP+ was 24 or 48 hours. But 60 days is way too many days. Park hours might change, weather is unknown... tough to plan that precisely 60 days in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    I don't think I'd have a huge problem if the reservation window for FP+ was 24 or 48 hours. But 60 days is way too many days. Park hours might change, weather is unknown... tough to plan that precisely 60 days in advance.
    I agree that 60 days ahead is overkill. However, Disney has acknowledged this, and stated specifically that you will be able to change your FP+ reservations around up to and including the day of. So, I'll hold on my judgment until we find out that this is NOT the case.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I agree that 60 days ahead is overkill. However, Disney has acknowledged this, and stated specifically that you will be able to change your FP+ reservations around up to and including the day of. So, I'll hold on my judgment until we find out that this is NOT the case.
    We can modify our ADRs up to the day of too, but have you tried to get a reservation anywhere decent on the day of let alone 60 days in advance lately? How many FPs will be left for TSM or Soarin' the day of or minutes after they are available for that fact? My fear is that I will have to plan my vacation to the minute months in advance and people will hoard FPs the same way they hoard ADRs now. If you will be allowed 3 FPs per park per day as another poster had mentioned, what is to keep people from just reserving 3 in each park everyday of their trip?.
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doodleboy View Post
    If you will be allowed 3 FPs per park per day as another poster had mentioned, what is to keep people from just reserving 3 in each park everyday of their trip?.
    No, it's 3 FP in ONE park, per day. You have to pick a park, and all three of your attractions have to be in that park. So, if you park hop, you'll have to either do standby lines, or use the regular FP system when you go to the second park of the day.

To answer your other question, we never plan ahead or make ADRs anymore. We go on the Disney mobile dining site and find what's available and book a few hours ahead. Never have a problem (and our last two trips were over Easter week and the week before Christmas). We always get to eat where we want.

My DH and son were able to ride Toy Story Mania twice on our last trip. We arrived at the park at opening, and the standby line was 20 min, so they waited and rode twice in an hour. We have a GAC, but they didn't even use it because it wouldn't have saved any time over the standby line.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Got an update on my iPhone yesterday for the My Disney Experience app, and one of the updates says "updates to support new experiences coming soon to Walt Disney World".
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

No, it's 3 FP in ONE park, per day. You have to pick a park, and all three of your attractions have to be in that park. So, if you park hop, you'll have to either do standby lines, or use the regular FP system when you go to the second park of the day.

To answer your other question, we never plan ahead or make ADRs anymore. We go on the Disney mobile dining site and find what's available and book a few hours ahead. Never have a problem (and our last two trips were over Easter week and the week before Christmas). We always get to eat where we want.

My DH and son were able to ride Toy Story Mania twice on our last trip. We arrived at the park at opening, and the standby line was 20 min, so they waited and rode twice in an hour. We have a GAC, but they didn't even use it because it wouldn't have saved any time over the standby line.
    So....you're basically saying the whole program is unnecessary? Hmmmm, great use of a couple of billion!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

What happens when a fast pass+ for a popular ride is gone? Like for Toy Story?

There are some popular restaurants that if you don't reserve far in advance, you can't get in. I'm afraid that's going to happen with FP+ with attractions.

That's a major concern for me.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    So....you're basically saying the whole program is unnecessary? Hmmmm, great use of a couple of billion!
    Who has been saying that since this was first reported? I wonder if his initials are DF?

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

What happens when a fast pass+ for a popular ride is gone? Like for Toy Story?

There are some popular restaurants that if you don't reserve far in advance, you can't get in. I'm afraid that's going to happen with FP+ with attractions.

That's a major concern for me.
    Shouldn't be your only concern, nor a major concern... other aspects of this should be more of a concern and something that should down right scare and infuriate a parent of a child...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Who has been saying that since this was first reported? I wonder if his initials are DF?
    Yeah, I just thought it was interesting that an apologist made the same argument.... Go figure!

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't be your only concern, nor a major concern... other aspects of this should be more of a concern and something that should down right scare and infuriate a parent of a child...
    There are things I like about the system, but here's one that disney should be publicizing. If children are required to wear a wristband also, then im sure this wristband can be loaded with the parents contact information. So if the child and parent get separated, a CM will be able to get a hold of the parent quickly.

As a parent to two young boys, I love that and some of the other aspects of it, I hate the FP+ part of this thing. It's a horrible idea.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said MyMagic+ is unnecessary. I said the Fastpass part won't particularly be useful for MY family, at this time. The CURRENT Fast Pass system isn't of much use to us now either, but I still think Fast Pass in general is a great system. I am a fan. I am ALSO a fan of what I've heard about MyMagic+ so far (all of it's aspects).

As a parent of two young kids, there is nothing about this system that worries me. I couldn't care less if my kid's names and DOB are known to CMs. Big deal. It's not secret information. I think it can be a great way to make interactions more personal. I don't have a crippling fear of other adults talking to my kids and addressing them by name in my presence.

The ADR system as is is stupid. 180 days? Ridiculous. It should go to 60 days as well. I admit, I've never eaten in the castle or Le Cellier, but not because I couldn't, I just don't want to. The hype around certain WDW restaurants just evades me entirely.

I admit to being a person who is fascinated by tech and gadgets. The whole idea of this system intrigues me and I can't wait to utilize it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said MyMagic+ is unnecessary. I said the Fastpass part won't particularly be useful for MY family, at this time. The CURRENT Fast Pass system isn't of much use to us now either, but I still think Fast Pass in general is a great system. I am a fan. I am ALSO a fan of what I've heard about MyMagic+ so far (all of it's aspects).

As a parent of two young kids, there is nothing about this system that worries me. I couldn't care less if my kid's names and DOB are known to CMs. Big deal. It's not secret information. I think it can be a great way to make interactions more personal. I don't have a crippling fear of other adults talking to my kids and addressing them by name in my presence.

The ADR system as is is stupid. 180 days? Ridiculous. It should go to 60 days as well. I admit, I've never eaten in the castle or Le Cellier, but not because I couldn't, I just don't want to. The hype around certain WDW restaurants just evades me entirely.

I admit to being a person who is fascinated by tech and gadgets. The whole idea of this system intrigues me and I can't wait to utilize it.
    Just a little ribbing , Natalie, no offense meant.

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    Just a little ribbing , Natalie, no offense meant.
    No offense taken! I just wanted my position on this to be clear.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. After reading nearly all the posts on this topic, i have a question.
    INTERCOT represents some of the most informed, most experienced, and best prepared WDW guests anywhere. And i think we all can agree that having a basic plan is essential to a happy Disney trip.
    But virtually no one here is interested in scheduling Fast Passes in advance. What gives? If people like us are unwilling, who is going to do this?
    Unless it is the Mouse himself.

Is this the beginning of Disney preplanning trips for those who refuse to plan for themselves?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    O.K. After reading nearly all the posts on this topic, i have a question.
    INTERCOT represents some of the most informed, most experienced, and best prepared WDW guests anywhere. And i think we all can agree that having a basic plan is essential to a happy Disney trip.
    But virtually no one here is interested in scheduling Fast Passes in advance. What gives? If people like us are unwilling, who is going to do this?
    Unless it is the Mouse himself.

Is this the beginning of Disney preplanning trips for those who refuse to plan for themselves?
    Don't be surprised of how many pre-planner/over the top planners there are. I have met several on my trips. The most people I think that will take advantage of this, are not only the majority of pre-planners, but also A LOT of one timers or few timers, the ones that go once every ten years, if that. Do I think that's the majority of vacations there? Not necessarily. But they will be pushing this a lot to the once timer, first timer and few timers. They will be the ones that think they NEED this because it's the ONLY way, because they do not know any better. There are so many people that never even knew or understood the old fast pass system, never mind this system, so I am sure they will be convinced by Disney themselves that this is need in order to experience Disney to it's fullest. The regulars? Not so much. But, that's all personal opinion.

We barely utilize the fast pass system now, never mind planning 60 days in advance. I can guarantee that is never going to happen for us. The day before? Maybe, that might be cool. A week? Not a chance never mind 60 days. But, I am going to try to reserve judgement on it as a whole until I experience. Right now, what's known (which is very little to me), for fact or experience isn't enough for me to say never or that I hate it entirely. There's aspects I dislike and will not utilize, but until I see it, and physically experience it and see how, where, why when and how, I am going to wait and see. But, again, what's known, I do not care for it too much.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

There are things I like about the system, but here's one that disney should be publicizing. If children are required to wear a wristband also, then im sure this wristband can be loaded with the parents contact information. So if the child and parent get separated, a CM will be able to get a hold of the parent quickly.

As a parent to two young boys, I love that and some of the other aspects of it, I hate the FP+ part of this thing. It's a horrible idea.
    While that part of it could be a great thing, believe me, there are many issues with a child's information being available to any CM who has an ipad handy... and THAT should scare any parent... Just because it is Disney doesn't mean everything is safe and kosher...

Post Thanks / Like

How would you feel if a complete stranger had access to yours kids' DOB and name? And that stranger approached your child, called him/her by his/her name? Kind of creepy, isn't it?

And that doesn't bother you as a parent?

Post Thanks / Like

How would you feel if a complete stranger had access to yours kids' DOB and name? And that stranger approached your child, called him/her by his/her name? Kind of creepy, isn't it?

And that doesn't bother you as a parent?
    Happens all the time at schools. The amount of personal information that is stored in a school is more than what we're talking about for WDW, because schools have SSN, immunization records, and in some cases, specialized test results. I don't have a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings about the security of the info stored at the school in the district we live in.

If I could make FPs for Toy Story, ToT and RnRC before I got to the park, I would. Same with Soarin'.

Jan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: