Quantcast Something Weird...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Something Weird...

SO...something strange just happened and I wanted to both share it with you guys and also see if maybe anyone could explain.

I was sort of waiting to see what the AP discounts were going to be before I made our room reservation for our annual summer trip. I check out the Disney website pretty regularly to see if anything has been updated (I know it's a bit early still...just excited to book ). Today I thought I'd click on the 'new' My Disney Experience link to see what it was all about. I did, and put in my travel dates for a room only reservation. It quoted me (an obviously non discounted rate) $762 per night for an atrium standard club level room at the CR. Well, the last time I put my dates into the 'regular' Disney site (which was just a couple of days ago) the same room was 'only' $678 a night. I was pretty surprised with the price difference, so for kicks I went to the other 'older' link and put my dates in, and it was back to $678 per night! What the? That's a pretty big price discrepancy! I went back and forth...inputting the same info and kept getting the same price difference. So I guess I'm wondering if this is a Disney computer glitch? Did I catch the website during a price increase? Is my computer magical? (Obviously not or it would have been free...ha!) What the what??

Needless to say I booked the cheaper of the two rooms just in case they were planning on a price increase. I'll continue to check and see if an AP rate becomes available (fingers crossed) and rebook at that time.

Just a weird little story I thought may be interesting to everyone! Please feel free to move if this is the wrong forum!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just commenting to my spouse that the prices look hinky on the new site! How do you get back to the old site??

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar issue, except the other way! The price was higher - come to find out - it had added the tickets twice! Not sure what is going on with the site, but I've been having quite a hard time getting the site to load.

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

When you go to Disney.com, click on 'parks&travel' and then go right over to ''price your vacation'. It (currently) takes you to the 'old' way to make a reservation. If you click on 'parks&reservations', it will link you over to the new My Disney Experience.

Weird stuff!!

Post Thanks / Like

I say jump and take advantage of their wonkiness in your favor!! HAHA

Post Thanks / Like

My curiosity got the best of me so I went and looked. The old site is quoting before tax and the new site is tax included. For Jul 11-17 both came to $4357.11 total when added to the cart. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The two links are different systems and most likely on separate servers and probably using different databases. When they get the bugs worked out, they will kill the old link and system and transfer all of the data over to the new database.

Post Thanks / Like

Well cut my legs off and call me shorty...you're right!!

That's what I get for having a glass of wine with dinner...I don't look at the small details.

Well played, Disney. Well played.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I just looked at the 'per night' rate and didn't follow through to the 'total cost'.

It was nice while it lasted!! HA!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not liking the new site. I check in to Pop in 6 days and have been trying to do online check in for at least 3 days. I get 2 steps into it, and it kicks me out. Last week it took me 3 days to log into the passholder site so I could renew my AP. If this is an indication of how $2 billion dollars is being spent on Next Gen, I'm less than impressed!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

don't care for the new site just my

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly lots of bugs to work out. I am not liking it too much either.

Having a hard time syncing my new room reservation with the smart phone app too...app doesn't recognize my conf #.

I like most of the new changes that they're implementing, but this whole website nonsense is irritating. Hopefully they'll get it ironed out soon.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: