Quantcast I will never ever again... - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post

They should just change the name of the ride to Mickey's Swinging Gondolas of Death. Really.
    This cracked me up! I felt the same way!!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried to like ToT twice. Both time during Intercot meets. Both times I may have hurt the person sitting beside me.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I did ToT, RnRC and EE only ONCE each. And that's the way it's going to stay. Same with Star Tours, I got so .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HackLaSalle View Post
    Stitch. Never again! No more chili dog burp in my face.
    My thoughts exactly.

Now that I've thought about this, it is strange as a lover of WDW, but there are many attractions I will likely never do again.
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

Stitch's Great Escape. Total waste of my time.

I also don't ever see myself staying at the All-Stars ever again. I do want to give the Art of Animation a shot at least once.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
    space mountain. Not being able to see where ride is going really freaked my out.
    Space Mountain is the only ride in all of DisneyWorld I don't wanna do again, but only because I just don't fit in the cars that well. Last time I tried, my knees jammed up against the car and the safety bar hit me squarely in the gut. I felt I was getting knee-capped and punched in the gut repeatedly, every time the ride took a curve.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    LOL...then you would've probably hated most of the original EPCOT Center attractions. They were mostly designed to "teach", rather than "entertain".

I won't get into "trash" details here; that'd be hijacking the thread...
    Great point I love the Circle of Life Movie and so do my sons!

And I love Value Resorts too! I refuse to pay over $100 a night for hotel rooms!

And I'm with you OP. ToT scares the big girl pants right off of me, but my 5 y.o. rides it and rides it and tells me "It's just pretend mom, it's not scary." Yeah right! I've ridden it a couple of times and hated it both times!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    I'm going to throw something from Disneyland into this. I will more than likely never again ride Mickey's Fun Wheel in a "free mounted" gondola at California Adventure. The entire time I felt like I was going to die, really. I did not enjoy it and neither did my wife (we were on our honeymoon). I also felt a little nauseous after we got off the ride. Maybe you'd eventually be able to convince me to ride it in a "traditional mounted" gondola, but don't hold your breath.

They should just change the name of the ride to Mickey's Swinging Gondolas of Death. Really.
    Yeah, I did this at DCA on my only trip and this is the only Disney ride where I thought I could have died.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taleasoldastime View Post
    I feel that way about its tough to be a bug. I feel like im going to pass out when they fog up the room and when i was little i was traumatized by the bugs leaving at the end. I tried to brave it recently and thought "it cant be as bad as i remember." but it was just as horrifying!
    Some rides just arent for everyone.
    I have done it twice, and I seriously have no desire to do it again. DH always tries to get me back in there but I won't do it. We might have a situation when my children are older and it's still around. I'm not going to want them to go on it but I don't want them to NOT do something just b/c I was scared as an adult. haha. I would ride TOT 1 million times before I do tough to be a bug again.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

I will never do Stitch or the Orange version of Mission Space again.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 01-09-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: link removed tos

Post Thanks / Like

I won't tell you that my kids both rode ToT at the age of 3 and thought it was the best ride ever. And I won't tell you that it's tied for my fav ride at WDW even though I hate rides that just drop. I think that it might make you feel a little insecure

But I'm with others that will never ride Summit Plummet. Not because of the pain, but because it's scares the crud out of me. 55mph on my back? No, once was enough.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

never, ever EVER rent those 4-seat surrey bikes! did it on our last trip at POR and i don't know if it was because my younger DS couldn't pedal or we weren't distributed right weight-wise....this was a torture workout! we lasted maybe 15 minutes worth of huffin' and puffin' and sweatin' - and laughing hysterically as well.
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwmyway View Post
    I will never do Stitch or the Orange version of Mission Space again.
    I wouldn't ride MS for any amount of money lol
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 01-09-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: tos
    Next Up-All Star Movies

2019-All Star Sports
    2017-PO Riverside
    2015-All Star Music
    2012-Pop Century
    2010-Pop Century
    2008-Coronado Springs
    2005-PO French Quarter
    2003-LBV
    2001-All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Cute revived old thread!!

My 17 year old and I once did single rider ToT about 15 times in a row...we love it!! Controlled chaos...

I, however, can NOT take the teacups. My kids beg me to ride, but I just can't!! I'm wrecked for the rest of the day!!

Cant tell you how many pictures I have of them riding those darn cups tho...not much else to do while I'm waiting for them to get off!!

Also...no more values!! I am a perfect example of how Disney ***** you in...first time at POP, next at POR, then once you hit POLY or CR there's no turning back!! What a lemming I am

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry...didn't know you couldn't say 'draw somethng in as if by suction' on intercot

Sorry!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bruin1344 View Post
    TOT is kind of scary while you anticipate the drops but once the drops happen, Im fine.

The lead-up is worse than the drops IMHO.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It is just gravity. lol I mean, even if the seat belt was to come loose or break, the worse that would happen is you might hover above your seat an inch or two until the elevator starts slowing. Simple physics folks, understand the science and it may alleviate some of your fear.

Btw, it is also one of my favorite rides. We have pictures of me reading a park map during the ride and another of me kicked back talking on my cell phone. People behind me in both have a look of sheer terror. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there's an attraction in Walt Disney World where I could say I would not ride again, mainly because if either of my children asked me to ride any of them I'd say "Yes." I'd prefer not to ever ride Captain EO or JIYI again however

What I can say with absolute conviction is: I will never attend the Food & Wine Festival on a weekend evening with my children while they're still young. That is about as un-Disneylike an environment as you'll find on property. Never again!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    I will not be doing the tea cups or the astro orbiter anytime in the near future. Both make me feel like .
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

ToT as well! The funny part about that is, it used to be my FAVORITE ride! I used to love all those crazy rides, but as I got older, I just can't handle it anymore. Last time I tried the ToT was in 2010 - and I gripped onto the bars like it was nobody's business. I didn't say a peep. I didn't scream, I didn't cry, I didn't look around, I didn't smile - I just sat there, gripping onto the bar. I'm not even sure I took a breath. But. I was shaking when I got off and probably shoved a few kids out of the way to get off the ride.

Yeahhh, never again. At least until I forget about that experience and need to try it again...

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: