Quantcast New Online Check-In Review

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Online Check-In Review

Finally, the new MyDisneyExperience website online check-in is working. You can now check-in up to 60 days before arrival. I had been trying this since the new site first came up and kept getting an error message, but today it worked and there are some changes to the online check-in.

First, if you haven't gone to the new site, it's now out of beta mode and it will move all of your existing reservations for you without you having to manually link.

Now, as for the online check-in. As mentioned, it can now be done 60 days out. Most of it is the same with a couple of exceptions. You confirm your party and credit card for charging back to the room. You also give your expected arrival and departure times as well as (this is new) go ahead and give a cell phone so they can call/text you when your room is ready. One of the new things is you can designate a pin number for some charges. I think that depends on the hotel. Boardwalk asked me for a pin, but POR did not. I guess that refers to specific amenities available at Boardwalk. The requests section has been ungraded a good bit. You can select from 2 room preferences (instead of the old - "near transportation" or "near front building"). Now you can select a floor preference (put a check by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5th floor) as well as additional things like "water view" or "canal view." Again, you can only pick 2 preferences. In addition, you can also check a box that says "early arrival priority." That explains that having your room ready at arrival time trumps the other two requests you have made. So, if you REALLY want ground floor and that's most important, don't check the early arrival box. If having your room ready when you get there is most important, though (as it is for us) that's a really nice option to include. I assume if you're on club level you can also select other amenities with online check-in, but since I'm not I didn't have any other options.

I think this new online check-in is great. Gives you a lot more choices than previously. What it does not give you is requesting an "accessible" room, which was an option with the old online check-in. I called a CM friend at one of the hotels to ask about that and was told all accessibility and special needs (like if you need a crib or the bed bumpers) should be noted on the reservation itself. Those are high priority and not considered "special requests." They are handled a little differently. So, if you need an accessible room, make sure it's noted on the reservation.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I found out the pin number asked for at online check in is for the touch to pay PFID system. Don't know why it asked for my Boardwalk online check-in and not POR, but there you are. Interestingly, you can create a different pin for each member of your party or you can all share the same one.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I found out the pin number asked for at online check in is for the touch to pay PFID system. Don't know why it asked for my Boardwalk online check-in and not POR, but there you are. Interestingly, you can create a different pin for each member of your party or you can all share the same one.
    I believe the reason could be that POR's gift shop is probably not set up with the reader yet. We had to give a pin when we stayed at Beach Club Villas for a night over the Christmas holidays. We were told the pin was only needed for purchases over $50.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

You also give your expected arrival and departure times as well as (this is new) go ahead and give a cell phone so they can call/text you when your room is ready.
    This was available under the old online check-in system; I was able to provide an arrival & departure time for my 3 online check-ins last year.

The requests section has been ungraded a good bit. You can select from 2 room preferences (instead of the old - "near transportation" or "near front building"). Now you can select a floor preference (put a check by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5th floor) as well as additional things like "water view" or "canal view." Again, you can only pick 2 preferences.
    Must have depended on the resort; I was able to select up 2 room preferences for Pop Century & All-Star Music under the old online check-in. Options for Pop Century for our check-in for ICOT 15 included which building, ground floor, near transportation, water view, and pack & play.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    This was available under the old online check-in system; I was able to provide an arrival & departure time for my 3 online check-ins last year.
    I was meaning the going ahead and giving your cell for texting when the room was ready was new. I know on the old one you could give the arrival time, and they asked for the phone number, but this specifically states that this system will text you on check-in day when the room is ready.

It might have depended on the resort, but it could also be that they had just upgraded the old online-check-in since I last used it back in May. If I remember correctly, ground floor, near transportation, and pack & play were the only things I had previously seen offered.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried to check in and it gave me the error message.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cass&KenziesMom View Post
    I just tried to check in and it gave me the error message.
    Keep trying. That's what I got until this morning. It may still go in and out some.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I checked in, but it rejected my CC. I got through it all. I will just have to put the CC on file when I get there.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I checked in for this Saturday at WL and did not have the option to select floor or anything other than "Ground Floor" or "Near Buses".
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I find the online check in feature? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 27 days from my vacation. It still won't let me check-in online. I've been trying off and on for several days now. I guess it's hit or miss.

I'm also still not fully trusting the new site. It FINALLY linked a reservation I have for later in the year, but it won't recognize the favorite character I chose just yesterday. I realize the kinks need to be adjusted, I'm just nervous putting too much trust in it.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ž.•*š)ž.•*š)ž.•*šMagicž.•*š)ž.•*š)ž.•*š

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    Where can I find the online check in feature? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Find your reservations. Out next to your resort it will say "check-in available." Click on the resort and it will take you to the online check-in page (if it works).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Off to look again... Thanks!
    Where am I missing all this personalizing stuff, like the favorite characters? I think I need a tutorial... maybe I will give it to my 8 yr. old. He could probably figure it out better than I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    Where am I missing all this personalizing stuff, like the favorite characters? I think I need a tutorial... maybe I will give it to my 8 yr. old. He could probably figure it out better than I can.
    Click on the MyDisneyExperience and then click on your profile to adjust your favorite character, enter your family members, etc.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I was finally able to check in and put my preferences!!! Only 30 more days to go!
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

is the online check in worth it? I think my profile is finally working, so I have the online check in link.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larjani View Post
    is the online check in worth it? I think my profile is finally working, so I have the online check in link.
    I think so. When it works correctly it's much faster. The problem is when people get to the counter and have questions or want to change their room assignments. Online check-in is really for Disney vets who just want to grab their packet and go. The other part is using it I have had my room ready at check-in 11 out of 12 times now. Prior to using online check-in my room had never been ready. Because they ask what time you plan to arrive they will assign you a room ready at that time if possible.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lost

I don't understand the online check in?? Does this mean you don't have to wait in long lines? Is there a special line to stand in when you get there? What are the benefits?

Thanks
    Disneyfamilyforever

April 2005 POP Century(But went to Universal Studios)

May 2006 POP Century

February 24-28 2013 Art of Animation

Next trip February 1-7 2015 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfamilyforever View Post
    I don't understand the online check in?? Does this mean you don't have to wait in long lines? Is there a special line to stand in when you get there? What are the benefits?

Thanks
    I haven't used it yet, but from what I understand yes, there is a special line which will in theory move along faster because it cuts out most, if not all, of the questions generally asked at check in (credit card to put on file, etc.). The only question I imagine still has to be cleared up is if you have a car on property - obviously if you are renting you would not know the plate until you pick it up.

Sounds like an excellent program. And since I am generally landing at MCO by 10-11 am, I am especially interested in the idea of my room being ready earlier,
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfamilyforever View Post
    The theory is that is it takes less than 2 min for you to check-in. Walk right up to the counter, show your id, get your packet and you're off. You don't have to stand at the counter and give your CC info, address or anything else. The reality, though, is that some people use this service and then they want to stand at the counter and ask questions or they want to try to move rooms which creates delays and problems. So, if all you want to do is pick up your packed, use online check-in. If you might have questions or really care about room location, use the regular line.

As I mentioned previously, I think the biggest benefit is online check-in allows you to state when you expect to arrive which greatly increases the chances your room will be ready at check-in.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: