Quantcast Beach club, club level--final day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach club, club level--final day

The dreaded departure day had finally arrived! We slept in this morning (canceled our O'hana breakfast so that we could all get some rest before the drive home) and finally got moving around 7:30. DH returned our awesome stroller to bell services, and then we got ready and grabbed some breakfast in the lounge. This was the one and only time of the entire trip that we experienced a crowd in the lounge. I'm not sure if it was because more guests had arrived or if we'd just been there at "off" times on the other days, but all of the tables were full. Fortunately, our room was right there, so we just went back and ate in the room.

We finished packing up and called Bell Services for our bags. Then, I grabbed a couple of coffees from the lounge for DH and me, and we were off. As we were leaving, one of the nice CMs gave DS an enormous bag of gummy fish to take home with him, and we were also given special birthday buttons that the CMs made for our kids to take home. I really can't stress how nice the BC club level CMs were. They were the best of all the club level CMs we've encountered in any of our stays! Although I didn't think the rooms at the BC were nearly as nice as some of the other hotels, the CMs and the location put it over the top. It may be my new favorite Disney hotel!

We piled into the car and after a brief detour (DH went the wrong way on the turnpike) and a crazy stop in southern Georgia for a cow that got loose on the interstate, we made it home in just under 8 hours, again with one brief stop for lunch at the Cracker Barrel. The car dvd players we'd given the kids for Christmas were life-savers, as were those snacks we had from the club lounge.

The best part is that we're already planning a trip back in early March. I was invited to a conference at the Boardwalk, and it looks like we're going to get to go. Yay!

Hope you enjoyed the reports!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. We are considering the BC club level for our next stay. I am interested in hearing any of your pros or cons. I know you said the room was as nice as some of the other resorts, what resorts are you comparing it to out of curiousity? Thanks for your input.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed CL at the Poly and Grand Floridian, and we've stayed in a regular room at the Contemporary and the Swan. The rooms at all of those other hotels felt much larger. There was a little daybed/couch at both the Poly and the Contemporary, in addition to the two queen-sized beds, and there was just more "walking room" in the room, if that makes sense. I also think the bathrooms were a bit larger, but it may have just been the layout.

Pros of the BC:Close location to Epcot
    Fabulous club level staff
    Great club lounge food offerings, especially for the appetizers
    Awesome pool
    Very good mousekeepers

ConsVery limited counter-service options--just sandwiches and flat breads and a few refrigerated items
    Smaller rooms
    The lounge is smaller than other CLs (apparently the Stone Harbor Club used to be a hotel suite, and they converted it into the lounge, so it's a good bit smaller than most of the other lounges)

Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I love having another trip to plan as soon as one ends, how wonderful for you! I really enjoyed your trip reports, thank you for sharing your vacation with us!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a successful trip! Traveling with two little ones but you made it sound so simple. Thanks for sharing!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerngirl View Post
    We've stayed CL at the Poly and Grand Floridian, and we've stayed in a regular room at the Contemporary and the Swan. The rooms at all of those other hotels felt much larger. There was a little daybed/couch at both the Poly and the Contemporary, in addition to the two queen-sized beds, and there was just more "walking room" in the room, if that makes sense. I also think the bathrooms were a bit larger, but it may have just been the layout.

Pros of the BC:Close location to Epcot
    Fabulous club level staff
    Great club lounge food offerings, especially for the appetizers
    Awesome pool
    Very good mousekeepers

ConsVery limited counter-service options--just sandwiches and flat breads and a few refrigerated items
    Smaller rooms
    The lounge is smaller than other CLs (apparently the Stone Harbor Club used to be a hotel suite, and they converted it into the lounge, so it's a good bit smaller than most of the other lounges)

Hope that helps!
    It does thanks a lot. I read somewhere that some of their club level rooms have the two beds and a daybed but some do not. I think it actually said standard view had the extra bed, but garden view didn't which is odd. BC is sounding better and better. I'm starting to sway this way a bit.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip you had! Glad you didn't get up close and personal with the runaway cow!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I always make that "WRONG TURN" on the Interstate and have to drive back past ToT one more time.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving stinks,.but sounds like it all went smooth!
    Thanx for sharing your trip with us
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow- an runaway cow! Was that on the 75 or the 90?

Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!