Quantcast A Rant and Pixie Dust Needed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Rant and Pixie Dust Needed

Hi all,

My grandmother passed away Wednesday evening after a long life. It was coming for many months now, and while death is never easy, we did have sufficient time to prepare.

I did want to get some advice/help on a situation, though. Her viewing is tomorrow and I've been in touch with a few of my best friends on arrangements. Two of these friends had their grandmothers pass away while we were in college together and I made it a point (along with my other friends) to attend their viewings. Now, I did make it a point to tell my friends they were under no obligation to attend my grandmother's viewing (which may be my mistake) and now these same two are telling me they probably won't be able to make it tomorrow.

I feel incredibly selfish because I got upset about it and now I just don't know what to say. I understand they're busy in their own lives right now but I just always thought since I went and supported them in their time of need...and it also doesn't look like any of my other friends are able to come either.

I don't know. Am I being incredibly selfish for being upset/annoyed they probably won't be there tomorrow? It was probably my own fault in stating they didn't have to come in the first place.

Thank you so much for your thoughts on this.
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma a little over 3 years ago. It can be very difficult to loose a love one. You have a right to feel selfish and upset its part of the healing process. Keep in mind tho that even tho they cant be there I'm sure they wanted to be. Their thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of grief. I hope this helps
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

A viewing can be difficult for some. While my Mother had many friends and a large church family, most came for the services only and very few came for the viewing.

Bless you and your family during this time.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I am truely sorry for your loss.

An important thing to remember is that you have had a great loss and it is magnifying the loss you feel about your friends not being at the viewing.
    My opinion is that this is a normal response to the situation. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

My suggestion is to make a plan to have a lunch or dinner get together in the not so distant furture. That way they have some control over their schedule and you will all have each others
    Undivided attention.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: