Quantcast Shrunken Neds Is Closed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shrunken Neds Is Closed

Shrunked Ned's Boats are officially gone... If anyone is unfamiliar, this is the area in Adventureland, close to Jungle Cruise, where you were able to navigate remote control boats...

There has been rumors that Jungle Cruise may get extended to circle the Swiss Family Treehouse... If these rumors are true, Shrunken Ned's would have had to go away.... But, since there really is no proof or any kind of real chatter about Jungle Cruise becoming longer, well, take this as rumor only...

Another reason these may be gone now is to make room for the interactive pirates game I mentioned here once before... yes, the game is still coming... Haven't read/heard anything otherwise... I believe some testing has in fact been done on it in this area...

So, nothing official yet other then we can say goodbye to Ned...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Weren't they preparing to make a Jungle Cruise movie? I haven't heard any more about that for quite some time.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's a surprise!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Weren't they preparing to make a Jungle Cruise movie? I haven't heard any more about that for quite some time.
    Reported as in development with a possible 2014 release date.

Post Thanks / Like

My kids, all grown up now, used to love these...where does the time go...
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

As cool as it would be to take a boat tour beneath the SFR treehouse, I dread to think of the corny jokes they would shoot as such a great classic film. Let's hope for a new pirate game.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    As cool as it would be to take a boat tour beneath the SFR treehouse, I dread to think of the corny jokes they would shoot as such a great classic film. Let's hope for a new pirate game.
    As far as the pirate game goes, they have done some testing in that area before and a concept exists with some sort of prop coming out of the water when you activate something... So, it is very possible this area becomes part of the interactive pirate game... But, that doesn't take away from a discussed plan to expand the Jungle Cruise through that area too...

Like everything though, nothing is 100% confirmed until is actually opens cause with Disney, well, we know their track record... Hyperion Whiff, I mean Wharf anyone?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

There will be an interactive area which is part of the coming "Pirates" game.

The refurb of the Jungle Cruise is still in the planning stage from what we've been told, but the biggest thing they want to do is determine if it will be possible to have a bypass lane for the ADA boats similar to what they do with TSMM at the DHS. This would be a great thing for all guests as it would keep the main line of the river moving, it would mean we can have multiple ADA boats running at once, and those in the ADA boats can not feel as if they are slowing everything down by needing these boats (which sadly sometimes they do). It would be a win-win for all, if they can make it all fit. If not, I understand why as this would be a very, very tight fit to do something like this.
    "Let your conscience be your guide..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: