Quantcast Checking Out at Universal Hotels

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Checking Out at Universal Hotels

Question for those who have stayed at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel... When you check out, do you have to check out at the front desk, or can you check out through the TV or just leave? Most hotels today do not require you to check out at the front desk unless you have a bill to settle. I know you no longer have to check out in person at Disney unless, like I said, there is a bill to pay. But, are Universal hotels the same? I don't want to assume they are, but I cannot see how they aren't up on the times, being owned by a large hotel chain.
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can check out on the TV, they stuff your bill under the door the night before and just use your credit card for it........I can't remember but I know there was a hotel we stayed at within the last year, that we could just leave without doing anything, I don't remember if that was Universal or not.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    You can check out on the TV, they stuff your bill under the door the night before and just use your credit card for it........I can't remember but I know there was a hotel we stayed at within the last year, that we could just leave without doing anything, I don't remember if that was Universal or not.
    Thank you... Not having to actually visit the front desk saves so much time when checking out... I'd rather not have to... I guess a phone call to the resort wouldn't hurt me..

Just trying to decide if I do want to stay on property for 2 or 3 days next year then go to the DVC or just stay at the DVC and rent a car and drive over to Universal...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Hard Rock in June and did the express check-out (statement under the door). You can also check-out via your account on the TV. I would recommend staying onsite for the Express Pass and the early entry into the Harry Potter Land. We definitely thought it was worth it.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked out Sunday.

You have 4 options:
    1. Front Desk
    2. Email
    3. TV
    4. Express

I 'think' that's correct.

We checked out via the desk....it literally took 2 minutes. It was THAT quick.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the last time I actually went to the front desk at any hotel to check out. I usually try to remember to call the front desk as we are packing just to verify that we are good to go. We stayed at Hard Rock Hotel in Universal in December and I'm 100% sure I just called to make sure and we went on our way.

A funny story about that. That was the one time I probably should have checked out in person at the front desk. We "rented" a guitar for my oldest son while at the Hard Rock, and they put a $1000 hold on your card until the guitar is returned. We returned the guitar so figured we were all good. Two days later, while in MK, DH and I started getting calls and text messages from our bank about a $1000 purchase that raised a red flag. It took us about an hour to get it sorted out. The hotel had accidentally put that charge through and had to refund it. The worst part was I had a dumb moment when we rented the guitar, and used our debit card for the hold instead of a credit card, so that $1000 came out of our checking account. Thank goodness we had the funds to cover it until it was corrected. I can't even imagine the impact that could have on a family on vacation with a zero balance in their bank account. In the end it was all good, but I wonder if I had checked out in person I would have caught it before it went through????
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone... I never stayed at a Universal hotel and was planning to maybe next year... I get into planning a year early, and part of the planning was trying to figure out to stay by the DVC first then Universal for 2 or 3 nights, or vice versa... My issue was figuring out which Disney park to visit the day I check out of Uni (if we stay there first)... I'll be checking into DVC that day... May be best to sty at Universal at the end of the trip... I know I can get through the Studios fast... And I know I can just walk right out of the DVC resort without checking out at the desk or over phone... Nice and easy!!!

Thanks again! Now, let me see if I can find out any more about the current projects going on at Uni...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: