Quantcast WORST recent experience?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WORST recent experience?

We do this from time to time, I know, but things seem to change pretty frequently. For those who've been within the past few months, are there any new WORSTS?
    Ours, hands down, was Whispering Canyon (mainly because of the all-new "skillets only" dinner menu, but also because we didn't get to experience ANY of the fun shenanigans this place is supposed to be famous for). At this point, this is NOT one I would recommend or return to under any circumstances.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

this yr i was there twice, June and Aug.
    very disappointed w the pixxa at ITALY in Epcot compared to the previous yr. service was not good either
    HOB and Wolfgang Puck at DD werent good
    and the food court at POP crowded and not as clean at night.
    there were good meals though at other places
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Chef de France: Will not go back. This is surprising because it was our favorite place last year. Maybe it had something to do with our waiter. He took our drink order and I asked for a Diet Coke. Upon sipping it, I realized that it wasn’t diet. When I said to the waiter this isn’t diet, he said hold on and left the table. When he came back he said to me, “MY COMPUTER SCREEN SAYS IT’S DIET COKE, SO IT’S DIET COKE.” I said, well maybe the person pouring it made a mistake and could I have another one. His response was, it's diet so what else would you like. I should have said the check right there and then. When our meal came, both DD1 and I had the short ribs. I had asked for some extra gravy to put on the noodles and you would have thought I was asking for gold. He said, “well, I never heard of that so let me ask.” I should have asked for the whole pot because the noodles had no taste at all and the meat was so dry you could have choked on it. Neither of us ate it. We sat there for I’d say a half hour waiting for him to return. When he did, he noticed that we hadn’t eaten. I told him it just wasn’t good and showed him how dry the meat was. He took it away and offered dessert which was good.

I do have 2 though....Whispering Canyon. So sad how this has gone downhill. Maybe they will change it back to the way it used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say Whispering Canyon. While the skillet was edible, it wasn't great, I was just "eh" on it. And the waitress was just awful, miserable and couldn't be bothered with us. Unsociable, and left me feeling jealous of watching others have great fun with their waitstaff.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    Chef de France: Will not go back. This is surprising because it was our favorite place last year. Maybe it had something to do with our waiter. He took our drink order and I asked for a Diet Coke. Upon sipping it, I realized that it wasn’t diet. When I said to the waiter this isn’t diet, he said hold on and left the table. When he came back he said to me, “MY COMPUTER SCREEN SAYS IT’S DIET COKE, SO IT’S DIET COKE.”
    LOL - well, you know, if you see it on a screen somewhere it must be true...

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It was the Brown Derby for us a couple of weeks ago.

Was really fabulous last year. Menu has changed ~ it was still good, just not 2 TS good, in our opinion. And the server was TERRIBLE!

Ah well, live and learn . . . .

All others were fantastic!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in July/Aug. and I am happy to say we were very pleased with all our meals.

I have to say that back in December I was very disappointed in Cape May Cafe. It wasn't bad, I just felt it was way too pricey. At the time I said it would probably be the last time we ate there. However, I have it booked for a party of 11 on Ash Wednesday in Feb. I guess it wasn't too bad after all. Sigh!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    LOL - well, you know, if you see it on a screen somewhere it must be true...
    Can you believe it!!!! I actually told the consierge at the hotel because I couldn't believe it happened and he couldn't believe it either. He felt so bad that he credited back mine and my daughter's meals (we were on the dining plan).

Post Thanks / Like

Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. DH had had some fries there a few years ago that he LOVED (had some spice on them) and couldn't wait to have them again. Not only were the fries plain and tasted like they were hours old, his sandwich had kind of an "off" taste.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it was Garden Grill. The food was very plain. The service was less-than-Disney. And the volume level was really loud - even for this rocker. I just really wanted to escape that place as soon as possible.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    We do this from time to time, I know, but things seem to change pretty frequently. For those who've been within the past few months, are there any new WORSTS?
    Ours, hands down, was Whispering Canyon (mainly because of the all-new "skillets only" dinner menu, but also because we didn't get to experience ANY of the fun shenanigans this place is supposed to be famous for). At this point, this is NOT one I would recommend or return to under any circumstances.
    Agreed. While we didn't have any bad dining experiences while we were there in aug/sept, we were there in march 2012 and ate at whispering canyon. It was disgusting, there was hair in my husbands food
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

yea Cape May i think is overpriced and not worth it. the square set up is confusing for people and food only ok
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    For me, it was Garden Grill. The food was very plain. The service was less-than-Disney. And the volume level was really loud - even for this rocker. I just really wanted to escape that place as soon as possible.
    I think it is so amazing how some dining is soooo different. We have had great luck at Garden Grill and the only part of it loud for us is when you are at the entrance. Can't wait to go back in January since it is one of my daughters favorites.

Glad we have so many choices so if one doesn't work out there is great dining waiting at another Disney dining option.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worst Burger Ever

There have been many posts over the years of who has the best burgers on property but I have never heard who has the worst. Found it!! Cafe Rix at the Coronado. We had eaten there before and really enjoyed being able to sit and look out over the water. This time (Sept.) I got the burger and my wife got the cuban. Her sandwich was pre-made and the pork was overcooked and in small portions. My burger was a dry preformed tasteless piece of mystery meat that barely qualified to be called a burger. Our daughter threw away her burger after a couple of bites. I can't believe Disney would serve this bad of food at at place where they hold so many conventions.
    It doesn't matter. It's in the past - Rafiki
    Trips
    '97 CB
    '98 CS
    '01 AKL
    '03 AKL
    '04 Dolphin June
    '06 FWC October
    '07 Off site Janauary
    '07 FWC April
    '07 FWC August
    '09 POFQ January
    '09 POFQ May
    '09 POFQ September
    '10 AKL/POR
    '10 FW
    '11 POR
    '11 FW

Post Thanks / Like

For us in April, it was probably San Angel Inn at Mexico in Epcot. This has always been a major favorite in our family for a lot of reasons: the volcano, the jaguar in the jungle, the boat ride (which sometimes younger kids in our group do while the older ones finish supper - really fun those times we were seated by the river), the food, the beverages.

The jaguar has been silent. Kids are getting too old for the boat ride. While the food on our last trip was ho-hum to bad it did improve this trip. The service was the straw. Rude and disappearing person. (Can't really call her a server - I think someone else even brought our food.)

So with sadness, we are quitting the Inn. We may try Hacienda de San Angel.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

T-Rex at Downtown Disney was horrible when we stopped there for an early dinner. The food was mediocre, but the atmosphere was frightening. I have never been in a restaurant that loud. The tables were right on top of each other and there were screaming kids everywhere. Surprisingly, our waiter couldn't have been nicer. We couldn't wait to get out of there, because of the noise level and all the chaos. We ended up at a SSR quiet pool with a bar. Spent most of the night there and had a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned yesterday and our worst meal was at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. My DD's inlaws were in town unexpectedly and wanted to go to dinner. We were able to get a table for 9 there on short notice. Well, the entire meal took us over 2 hrs. (and we didn't even have dessert) and the wait for our food was so long that I finally asked our server if there was a problem. The food was just ok and with 3 children in our group it was a long evening!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crt

Pre Plated
    Hotel Food
    Will only go back by request from our DD and she's only 17 months. So they have a little more time to get it right!!!
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there end of July and we only ate at one table service restaurant inside WDW this time. We have been putting restaurants on the never again list for several years now. We are tired of overpriced, cheap made mediocre food and poor service or service with bad attitudes. This time, unfortunately it was San Angel Inn which has always been our favorite. They have changed the menu to this stupid family dining format geared towards increasing profits with the dining plan which we do not use. They used to have a good selection on the menu but not anymore. On top of that, when we finally settled and ordered, our food was less than mediocre. We will probably never eat there again. This is exactly why we go offsite to nice restaurants now.

On a side note, we went into T-Rex with intentions of trying it but after looking at the menu for a minute and not caring for it and having to yell at each other over all the noise, we practically ran out of that place.

Post Thanks / Like

Mama Melrose. We were there last November; and although, the food was delicious; the service was terrible. Our food sat under the 'heaters' for 10 minutes before it was delivered. And only because DH said something. Different waiters would go look at the food; but because it wasn't their order, they just left it there. Our waiter was terrible and just didn't seem to care.

DH wants to eat there again in November; so I will go as there aren't a lot of choices at DHS. I hope we get better service this time!!
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: