Quantcast Via Napoli

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Via Napoli

Post Thanks / Like

Default Via Napoli

Soooo...we have ADR's for Via Napoli for lunch one day. We want to get pizza (of course). but, we're unsure of the sizes. I can't eat that much, so we were wondering if we could actually share a pizza and just use 1 TS credit. Is that allowed?

I mean...is the pizza for 1 person actually big enough to feed 2 people? (and we'd be getting dessert as well to share). We want to get one of the Signature Pies.
    WDW is my happy place

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They will not allow you to order only an individual pizza for 2 people using 1TS on the dining plan. Perhaps you could order an appetizer OOP for person #1 and then person #2 could order the individual using 1TS and share them both.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

While my husband & I were there last year, we wished that we had ordered the single serving pizza but didn't think that we could. We ordered the pizza that serves 2-3 and it was HUGE! The smart couple next to us ordered a entree salad & an individual pizza and shared their meals. Oh well, live & learn!

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like the direction we'll take. I'll get a salad and he'll get the pizza and then we can share. Awesome...thanks!

Just curious: Are people allowed to share TS when they are NOT on the dining plan? I'm assuming they WOULD be able to, correct? (since Disney can't control how someone spends their money in that way)
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofygirl64 View Post
    While my husband & I were there last year, we wished that we had ordered the single serving pizza but didn't think that we could. We ordered the pizza that serves 2-3 and it was HUGE! The smart couple next to us ordered a entree salad & an individual pizza and shared their meals. Oh well, live & learn!
    That's the way I'd go! The pizzas are big indeed!
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1010 View Post
    That sounds like the direction we'll take. I'll get a salad and he'll get the pizza and then we can share. Awesome...thanks!

Just curious: Are people allowed to share TS when they are NOT on the dining plan? I'm assuming they WOULD be able to, correct? (since Disney can't control how someone spends their money in that way)
    Yes, you can share when not on the plan. On the DP, they are strict about not sharing the individual pizzas, from what I've heard. I'm not sure you will be allowed to order an app and split his pizza without being charged a credit each. I believe you each have to order something they consider a main course dish if you're using the Dining Plan.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Yes, you can share when not on the plan. On the DP, they are strict about not sharing the individual pizzas, from what I've heard. I'm not sure you will be allowed to order an app and split his pizza without being charged a credit each. I believe you each have to order something they consider a main course dish if you're using the Dining Plan.
    No, you don't. One person can elect to use a TS credit, and the other can elect to pay OOP. Just ask for separate checks. They don't know that both people have a dining plan. And, they can't force you to use a credit if you just want a salad, or appetizer, or whatever. And, they cannot stop one person from eating part of another person's meal.

If you BOTH say "yes, we are on the dining plan and want to use 1 TS credit', then they will not let you JUST use 1 credit for 2 people and share one individual pizza, but you CAN use 1TS credit and share one of the entrees and desserts between 2 people. They are really just strict about the individual pizzas.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    No, you don't. One person can elect to use a TS credit, and the other can elect to pay OOP. Just ask for separate checks. They don't know that both people have a dining plan. And, they can't force you to use a credit if you just want a salad, or appetizer, or whatever. And, they cannot stop one person from eating part of another person's meal.

If you BOTH say "yes, we are on the dining plan and want to use 1 TS credit', then they will not let you JUST use 1 credit for 2 people and share one individual pizza, but you CAN use 1TS credit and share one of the entrees and desserts between 2 people. They are really just strict about the individual pizzas.
    Good to know, thanks Natalie. I misunderstood your earlier post on this in a past thread.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: