Quantcast Avatarland Project - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the fastpass return time for the executive bonuses ride?
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    You actually have to pick your return time 180 days in advance with the new fast pass +.
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    love it!

Fell asleep during the first 20 minutes of Avatar (felt like longer) - I love action/adventure movies, but this was a real snoozer. Just hurry up and shelve it!

Whomever posted that they won't admit to canceling a project, only never mentioning it and hoping it is forgotten... I can concur with just two words Equatorial Africa
    1st WDW trip - 1973 at 5 weeks old!

Disney addict since 1973!

Post Thanks / Like

If they aren't going to go big and do it right, it is better to not do it at all. We've had enough half-way done embarrassments from Disney. It is unfortunate they didn't firm up their commitment to this before announcing it, but it wouldn't be the first time they walked away from announced lands/parks/attractions/etc.

Post Thanks / Like

So let me get this straight Disney big wigs coming to the realization that the next to Avatar movies will most likely flop and most of us don't really care if there is an Avatar land or just something going into AK. Have decided to get Cameron to break the contract by slashing the budget so much that he walks. Thus saving themselves the embarrassment of being the ones to stop the project. They can blame Cameron for not working with them. Then they will all get a bonus and a raise for being so clever. Did I leave anything out?
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I'm heartbroken that it won't move forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Seeing as how the Avengers is setting up to be the biggest box office success of all time, me thinks this Avatarland is a baaaaad idea.

Preeeeeach it. Avengers stomped Avatar's butt, and Disney is about to spend a lot of money on something that people forgot about the month after they saw it. And coming from a girl who LOVES Gone With the Wind and Lord of the Rings (both super LONG movies), I don't have the patience to sit through Avatar again because it's so long and slow. Bleh, I have no interest in this idea.

ALSO, I grew up with Harry Potter! It was the first chapter book that I remember reading with my mom as a kid, and as I grew, so did Harry! It was a 12-year LEGACY. It proved its popularity ten-fold and made quite a reputation for itself in the years that it has been around.
    That being said, Avatar has no legacy, and no generation of die-hards to follow it. A grand total of ONE movie that made a lot of money the first couple weeks, and then no one remembered it a year later. Sure, it's pretty, but CGI has become so accessible that I don't think it's anything special. Why is this thought of as a good response to HP? Come on, Disney.

I'd be game for some Avengers, though. Don't know how that would work into the parks, but at least they're flippin' awesome.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    Preeeeeach it. Avengers stomped Avatar's butt, and Disney is about to spend a lot of money on something that people forgot about the month after they saw it. And coming from a girl who LOVES Gone With the Wind and Lord of the Rings (both super LONG movies), I don't have the patience to sit through Avatar again because it's so long and slow. Bleh, I have no interest in this idea.

ALSO, I grew up with Harry Potter! It was the first chapter book that I remember reading with my mom as a kid, and as I grew, so did Harry! It was a 12-year LEGACY. It proved its popularity ten-fold and made quite a reputation for itself in the years that it has been around.
    That being said, Avatar has no legacy, and no generation of die-hards to follow it. A grand total of ONE movie that made a lot of money the first couple weeks, and then no one remembered it a year later. Sure, it's pretty, but CGI has become so accessible that I don't think it's anything special. Why is this thought of as a good response to HP? Come on, Disney.

I'd be game for some Avengers, though. Don't know how that would work into the parks, but at least they're flippin' awesome.
    Up for avengers? Then you'll be visiting every Disney park but WDW... No Avenges in WDW...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Up for avengers? Then you'll be visiting every Disney park but WDW... No Avenges in WDW...
    How come?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    How come?!
    Universal owns the theme park rights to Marvel... Disney cannot use Marvel in WDW...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Well that is sad! Especially because it did a bang up job at the box office... I suppose it's only right to share!

Post Thanks / Like

Psst, we may be able to remove ON HOLD from the thread title... Cameron has supposedly given WDI/Disney the go ahead with their Avatar plans.... Until actual construction, anything can happen, but, well, seems like the Avatar haters may not be getting their wish...

The details? Well, sure:

C ticket attraction which is expected to be the walk through of Pandora, which may be the entrance into the land and partly housed in the giant E-ticket show building... What is the possible E-ticket? Well, if what has been said is true, it will be a giant building, several floors large... Guests will enter into one of the upper floors, and enter a giant 3D simulator... There is expected to be 3 or 4 theaters with three rows of seats in each theater... The attraction should double Soarin, lasting about 8 minutes (unless cuts are done and we all know TDO loves budget cuts)... Now, whether the vehicles are similar to Soarin, no idea... But one would think this attraction may be the next evolution of those Soarin vehicles... Adding in a 3D element should make this one heck of an attraction...

There will also be a few other additions to the land such as merchandise stores and dining options...

it is possible we get an announcement of this and concept art on December 7 press event... Not 100% guaranteed to be announced, but slightly possible...

Oh and fear not.. This project, as I said many times before, has no bearing on the DHS extreme make over, theme park edition....

EDIT: The project is called Morpho, for the camera Disney is currently in research and development mode with... And this ride system may wind up being similar to the ride system that may be used in DL's Iron Man attraction (and no, that doesn't mean Marvel in WDW, we all know why!!!)....

Post Thanks / Like

Since I cannot edit the above post anymore, I figured i would add this in as well... The C-ticket is kind of up for debate... Could be the walk through, but a boat ride type of attraction is what is on the current plans that Cameron approved of.... Sorry, no details on it.. I'm trying to get a hold of the plans that seem to be flying around (some people I do trust have seen them, but I cannot get a hold of them, and I'm mad!!!! )... all in all, well, sounds interesting.. and no, this isn't Soarin 2.0... This will be much much better...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm anxious thank you for the info!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I'm anxious thank you for the info!
    Persistence pays off... Just trying to determine if something I may or may not have are legit..

Let's just say, seems as if the C-ticket would be a boat ride of some sort, not the walk through.. of course, if these are legit and not some hoax... Show building for the E-ticket: MASSIVE...

Post Thanks / Like

Persistence pays off... Just trying to determine if something I may or may not have are legit..

Let's just say, seems as if the C-ticket would be a boat ride of some sort, not the walk through.. of course, if these are legit and not some hoax... Show building for the E-ticket: MASSIVE...
    There is a rough blue print like plan that Intercot just retweeted on Twitter this morning.

I'm admittedly NOT a fan of this idea as a whole, but even if it was any other theme, all I have to say is...ANOTHER 3D simulator ride? Really? Now I'm even less interested.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Zsolt Hormayhas been brought on board to work with the Pandora environment and possible rock work for the Avatar land... If the name doesn't sound familiar, no worries, I had no idea who he was either... But, reading the article, he seems to be the person to produced the exteriors of Mysterious Island, Tree of Life, Tower of Terror, And Big Thunder Mountain in Paris... So, the guy does great work... I fully believe, with the proof that Zsolt can do fabulous work, Avatar will be gorgeous visually...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    There is a rough blue print like plan that Intercot just retweeted on Twitter this morning.

I'm admittedly NOT a fan of this idea as a whole, but even if it was any other theme, all I have to say is...ANOTHER 3D simulator ride? Really? Now I'm even less interested.
    Yea, apparently the plans are legit, and circulated around the internet like wild fire LOL... Twitter was flooded... I knew it was only a matter of time before the plans were available for everyone to see... That's why I remained patient LOL...

However, while this may be a 3D simulator type attraction, it also isn't going to be your regular 3D simulator... That is, it isn't planned on being your regular 3D simulator... Then TDO will get their axe out, chop this and that, and before you know it, we'll have 1980's simulators LOL...

But, if what others have said are true, this may wind up being the same system being discussed and planned for the Iron Man attraction in DL, which is a bit more than just a regular 3d simulator... But, only time will tell what the finished product will look like...

Don't Disney fans like to shout "Don't judge something until it is open" when the comments are a bit negative toward a Disney project? Well, I think that needs to be applied here too.. We have yet to see concept art (may finally see some Dec 7, but I'll believe it when i see it).., We have yet to hear the official word from Disney... So, maybe we need to sit back and relax and not bash the project until we see what is actually makes the true final cut... Then, bash away if the project doesn't impress you... Believe me, I'll be ready to state my opinion one way or the other...

Post Thanks / Like

Zsolt Hormayhas been brought on board to work with the Pandora environment and possible rock work for the Avatar land... If the name doesn't sound familiar, no worries, I had no idea who he was either... But, reading the article, he seems to be the person to produced the exteriors of Mysterious Island, Tree of Life, Tower of Terror, And Big Thunder Mountain in Paris... So, the guy does great work... I fully believe, with the proof that Zsolt can do fabulous work, Avatar will be gorgeous visually...
    It appears he also had a hand in the creating of Cars Land as well

Reading up on him, I am even more excited to see what will be done. I have always been amazed by the tree of life design and obviously love the great work of Big Thunder and how realistic it looks to me with the rock formations, etc. I am excited for this project. While I still hold skepticism in the sense of I will believe it when I see it, and hope they do not make as many (hopefully not any, I'm an optimist at times) cuts to the budget and current ideas that are circulating. I enjoyed the idea of an Avatar Land when it was first announced, apparently I am one of the few. But I will not bash the project until I see what happens. Then like you said DisneyFreek, I will criticize once I see it. I would rather hold my words now to not have to eat them later
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if they will keep him in the area long term, to handle the DHS makeover as well? (CL anyone?)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: