Quantcast CSR or CR?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: CSR or CR?

Post Thanks / Like

Default CSR or CR?

Which would you choose? We love the location of CR (garden wing rm because of $) but CSR theming is really appealing. We plan to spend a lot of time at MK but will also have rental car to go wherever. We are not sure which would be better for us. Any suggestions?
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely stay CR, especially if you will be spending the majority of time at MK. Driving to MK is a royal pain, as you have to park, take the shuttle from the parking lot to the TTC, then jump the monorail to the MK entrance. A huge pain in my opinion. Also, you could take a 15 minute walk to MK.

So, CR gets my vote!
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I would also choose the Contemporary Resort! I love the location!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Contemporary

7 days!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at both of the resorts though at the Contemporary I have only done the Tower. They are both really different and it depends on what is most important to you.

If visiting MK easily is most important, CR is the clear winner. Between the monorail and the walking path, you have very easy access. I like to stay there when we go to the parties because it is so easy to walk back and forth. MK is my least favorite park to go to by car since you have to take the ferry or the monorail from the TTC.

CR has very modern rooms. I like them except for the flat square sink in the bathroom. The grounds are not very lush though the beach area and the view of Bay Lake are lovely. You also have the bonus of being able to see the fireworks. The pool is fine but nothing exciting. For me, I don't find CR to a be a resort that like to just "hang out" at. It is a little too stark and not as "warm" as many of the other resorts. I stay here for convenience and the beautiful rooms.

CSR is a beautiful resort with three distinct sections with very different looks. The lake is beautiful and there are many hammock along the sand to enjoy. The landscaping is lusher than CR filled with courtyards and fountains. I am not a big fan but most people really enjoy the Pepper Market quick service.

CSR is a moderate. Even though it is an upscale moderate because of the convention area, you still have smaller rooms and outside entrances.
    I think CSR has the better pool. It has a great theme and has a great slide.

Either resort is wonderful. Have a great time.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! Yes, I have stayed at CR tower and wing room many years ago, but DH has not. He loves the convenience of coming back to room in mid-day to relax via monorail, and not having to get monorail to tram to car, etc., plus we will have DDs 6&9 in tow. I prefer nicer theming, pool, landscaping, etc. I think if we stayed at CR we would probably spend a lot of time at Poly (our fave, can't afford it this time), as I love the beach there.

We have never tried CSR but want to as it looks so nice. I think the only way we can stay at CR is with room discount anyhow.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

If given the choice I would always choose the CR. We honeymooned there in 2005, and I have stayed there many times since 1973. I like CSR and it is very well themed but I would never consider staying there over the CR. Transportation alone would be a big factor. I have always though CSR transportation is very slow because it has to go all the way around the resort. Also it is very spread out compared to the CR and you will do alot of walking. The added bonus of being able to walk to and from the MK at the CR is also something to consider not to mention getting to ride the monorail. If you can afford it go with the CR!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you every stayed at WL? I think you (and the kids) would like it much better than the CR. It is our second favorite resort...Poly being the first but can't afford it anymore either. It has very easy access to/from MK (5 min boat ride). You might be as pleasantly surprised at this resort as we were. We are staying there again next month and can't wait. And even though this is a Deluxe resort, the price is lower than the others on the monorail.

Post Thanks / Like

To me its not even a choice, i'd go with CR. I've stayed at CSR once, and didnt care for it.
    Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge-twice
    Polynesian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Pop Century

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." ~~Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: