Quantcast Most Overrated Dining Experience in WDW - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The only plus is eating at the Contemporary and seeing the monorail zip through. Oh...but wait, the Avengerail?
    I actually think that Avengers monorail looks pretty cool in the Contemporary. But I'm clearly weird.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine are Boma,Le Cellier and Coral Reef....especially the service at Le Cellier(before becoming a sig.) and Coral Reef.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with you at Whispering Canyon Cafe I hated the atmosphere. It was loud, and the waiter was rude. I was browsing my menu while she was telling the specials and said, "Hey! Pay attention!" and I was astonished. I'm the paying customer. In addition, the ketchup thing there is really annoying.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    I totally agree with you at Whispering Canyon Cafe I hated the atmosphere. It was loud, and the waiter was rude. I was browsing my menu while she was telling the specials and said, "Hey! Pay attention!" and I was astonished. I'm the paying customer. In addition, the ketchup thing there is really annoying.
    Sassy and snarky is part of the shtick. The waiter wasn't rude, he was playing his part. We really like Whispering Canyon, but our first experience was a lunch where it was pretty quiet and the wait staff was tame. Dinner there can be a little much if you aren't into that kind of thing and especially if you aren't expecting it. My experience has been that they are pretty good at reading a guest's comfort level. They generally leave me alone and pick on my husband.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I've had waiters throw straws at me or at our table. Get on my case about how fast I am drinking my beverage, etc.

This is not a place where the waiters will be all lovey-dovy, kind and nice.

Also, the ketchup thing is part of the shtick.

Post Thanks / Like

Severely overrated:
    1. 'Ohana - I've given it several tries, and that dried out, overcooked meat, coupled with obnoxiously loud crowds and long waits, fails to impress.
    2. Chef Mickey's - Buffets in general are blah. Now pump in disco music, twirling napkins, and mediocre buffet slop...
    3. CRT - $60 per person for scrambled eggs & bacon. Really?
    4. 50's Prime Time - I don't need to get scolded when dining on overpriced meatloaf & fried chicken.
    5. Via Napoli - while marginally decent pizza, waaaaaayyyyyyy overrated.
    6. Hollywood & Vine - once was enough. I wouldn't eat there if you paid me.

I could list several others, but enough said here. I realize WDW has millions to feed, and different people have different tastes, but some of the places...
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

So many places have changed for the worst over the years. Ohanas and Liberty Tree were two of my favorites but since the dinning plan they have become crowded, rushed and bland. Ill stick with cosmic rays, and the sci-fi diner. At least they are fun to be in and serve ribs. Also what they have done to casey's corner is unforgivable! I have to put way to much cheese on these dogs to make them taste good.
    Run Disney 2014
    Pop Century 2012
    Disneyland 2012
    Dolphin 2011
    Wilderness Lodge 2010
    All Star Music 2009
    Pop Century 2007
    Polynesian Resort May 2007
    Caribbean Beach Resort Christmas 2005
    Pop Century 2004
    All Star Sports 2001
    Boardwalk Inn 2000
    Polynesian Resort 1996
    Off-Site 1990

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going to say it....I didn't care for Hoop Dee Doo Revue. The show wasn't my cup of tea and I really wasn't impressed with the food.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget Le Cellier!! Most over rated ever....
    Trips to wdw......TOO many to count. Next trip...nov.9th-15th 2008. port orleans french quarter... first time there...

Post Thanks / Like

My most overrated restaurant at WDW in my opinion is Flying Fish. We have tried it twice. The 1st time we were so rushed we hadn't even finished our appetizers when the main course was served. The second time the food was just ok, nothing special. Ohana's is another one that we've tried twice and had the same experience, however, breakfast was a tad better. And don't even get me started on Tony's in the MK!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    putting on my bullet proof vest:

Chef Mickeys.
    This is a lousy character meal. It is simply "Golden Corral" food with tables that are too close together so when a character walks by the character gets swamped by a gang of kids.

The food, character interaction and atmosphere are a jillion times better at the Garden Grill.

Post Thanks / Like

The Luau is the only place that I will absolutely never return to.

I was unimpressed with WCC, Chef Mickey's and Sci Fi Diner.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Leona View Post
    I'm just going to say it....I didn't care for Hoop Dee Doo Revue. The show wasn't my cup of tea and I really wasn't impressed with the food.
    I agree! Way overpriced for medicore food and not so great entertainment. It seemed lip synched to me but maybe it was because we were in the back and could not see well.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garsh!

Garsh! What a thread!!

Is there any place that lots of just about everyone likes?

Are people just too darn whiney?

I expect to pay a lot for a food at Walt Disney World and what I get is never really 'bad".

What do people expect??

I've said a jillion times, I live and work where I can cross the street get better food than Walt Disney World but no restaurant in Charlotte has Farmer Mickey or BTMRR.

When I eat at CRT later this year I'll be paying more attention to my GRANDCHILDREN than what's on my plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Garsh! What a thread!!

I expect to pay a lot for a food at Walt Disney World and what I get is never really 'bad".

What do people expect??

I've said a jillion times, I live and work where I can cross the street get better food than Walt Disney World but no restaurant in Charlotte has Farmer Mickey or BTMRR.

When I eat at CRT later this year I'll be paying more attention to my GRANDCHILDREN than what's on my plate.
    While I do agree with this to some extent, it would be nice to have restaurants where everyone agrees that they will enjoy the food, especially when I am taking a large group.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Garsh! What a thread!!

What do people expect??

I do agree with the points that you are making in your post. There are very few foods at WDW that in and of themselves make me feel -y. I have also only had one bad meal at WDW, and that was because I hadn't done my research about CS places.

I do turn to the boards when I make my restaurant reservations because I haven't made nearly as many trips to the World as most of you have. While I don't mind spending money on food on vacation (and in some cases, a LOT of money on food!) I do like to be selective about which places I go to eat. I have come to realise that there are some places which, to me, will never live up to the hype on the boards as well as other restaurant reviews. It's part of the problem with reviews- they are so subjective. In some ways it is harder to rate the WDW restaurants, since so many of them have much more going on in the way of decor, theming, character interaction, and the overall expectation of service.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

our worst was the WAVE we were there 2009 our waitress was boring and took 10 mins for water and a straw another 5mins. wasn't busy plus we had a ADR for 9:20pn we were there before 9pm they made us wait when we got into the room there was only 2 other tabels , 1 had 2 people the other 4! Dh has raw salmon here didn't prder it raw.. my food was good but slow and un caring.

the second is Cindy's for breakfast they food is fine but how much?? we do this on the meal plan...thye get us becasue we have alittle girl and loves seeing the princess so it is worth that, but food okay...would nver pay out of pocket

the 3rd my fav but my parnets went and hated it, food was fine but the screaming kids and the kids were running around and the poor wait staff almost dropped peoples meal serval time...The manager should have politely gone to the tabel with the wild kids and just asked them for safty reason to have them not run around.

I used to love the 50's dinner but they went genric loved the TV dinner trays they used to have and more meal choices.
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

Post Thanks / Like

The point of this thread is not supposed to be about bashing restaurants that you hate at WDW. It supposed to be about places that everyone else seems to rave about, but you can't understand why.

Case in point - Le Cellier. One of the most popular restaurants at WDW. It's a steak house. And in the five or so trips that we've taken there, i've never had a bad meal, but i've also never left thinking that it was amazing. My DW LOVES it. So, I go for her. If I were planning the meals, i'd skip it. To me, Le Cellier = overrated.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!!!!!

We ate at the whispering canyon cafe in march (stayed at the wilderness lodge in the villas for 2 nights after our Disney dream cruise). I was so looking forward to eating here, all the times we had gone to Disney and we had never eaten there. WELL, there was hair in my husbands food and my ribs were dry. Disgusting!!!!!!! I will never eat here again!! Makes me sick even typing about it
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

i think this thread is fine. i hear so much about how great this place or that place is...it cant always b that way. we agree to disagree
    i mean i said how disappointed i was at Via Napoli my second trip compared to my first and almost everyone said that must have been a fluke etc...
    i said Le Cellier previously, one reason i havent been there for a while. WCC i gave 2 shots to, and i dont really like it.
    this is almost the first anyone said anything bad about Ohana. same w HDD. i havent been to either yet but it cant be great to anyone.
    respect opinions. isnt that why we ask
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7