Quantcast You're going to Disney again?!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You're going to Disney again?!

We are leaving next week for WDW. We were just there in May. We were planning on going to the beach or mountains for our summer vacation, but the kids really wanted to go back to Disney. My mother-in-law thinks we're crazy. She thinks it's ridiculous that we'd want to return so often. Granted, this is the first time we've been so close to a previous trip, but we usually go at least once a year. Does anyone else get questions like this? With the big age difference between our oldest DS14 and youngest DD5, it really works well for us. There's something fun for everyone to do.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't mention it any more. Regardless of where I plan to go, when I say I'm going on vacation, most folks assume I'm going to Disney "again" and while they are often right, they are not always right.

Yes, it gets tiresome. But as some have mentioned, these same folks return to the same cottage they rent on the same lake they've been to for the last upteen years or the same hotel at the same beach etc. etc. Still, they seem to think that those of us who frequent Disney are certainly odd.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

So happy there are people like me!!! Lol! Ive pretty much become a closet disneyphile due to the quantity of eye rolls I receive. Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venus0880 View Post
    So happy there are people like me!!! Lol!
    Yes there are and most of us have gathered right here on Intercot!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people don't understand what we love so much about Disney. I have stopped talking to them about where we go - they won't ever get it.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

I feel it's very rude for people to comment on others vacations. I've heard so many times "Disney again?!!" from people who go on cruise after cruise after cruise. Granted it's not always the same ports but is there really that much of a difference in cruises?
    Vacations should be something that bring you joy....and that is all.

Post Thanks / Like

I always say that for those who love Disney, no explanation is necessary - for those who don't, no explanation is adequate. My daughter and I love Disney, love going, and all friends and family know it. They no longer question why we go, just ask when our next trip is.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am lucky. I receive encouragement from my friends when I say I am taking mom again.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

There are so few people who "get it" when I mention WDW in my "real" life... that's why I am so thankful for the people on the boards here I'm a "planner" and I need to talk about my trip with someone besides my DH so I don't drive him nuts, even though he is the original WDW enthusiast in the family.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

The person I get this most from is a woman at work. Yet it's not strange that she takes the same week off each spring to go to the same hotel (nothing fancy) on the north shore of Lake Superior. She eats in the same places, does the same things each year. Snooze! At least I go different times of the year, stay in different resorts and eat different places.

My standard response to her (or any other person who comments) is that I love it, and they don't have to understand or pay for it.
    Last edited by Dopey's Girl; 07-21-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Spelling...
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my friends and pretty much all of my family thinks we are nuts..."How many times do you need to go there???" "I went once, that was enough". "It's not that great"

OK...sooo annoying!!!

I am always enthusiastic about any vacation plans that people tell me, whether they are for me or not!
    My own brother...has adorable kids, who love Princesses, Buzz and Woody. He and his wife, absolutely have no interest in a trip to Disney, and they have the resources that would allow for a top-shelf trip. They keep trying to get us to take them. No thanks...You need to make those memories with them.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Before I retired my boss would ask me " You just go for the rides? " I would tell him that there is more to Disney than just rides. Don't knock it if you have not tried it.

He did not ask anymore, and he still has not gone. That makes one less person in the parks to deal with that really doesn't care to be there...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried the whole don't tell approach. I've found that now people just ask me, so when are you going to disney again, because they expect it i guess. But it always seems to be in a judgemental mood. It aggravates me so I try to just answer the questions with short answers and move on to something else. I just dont understand why people care what I do. I don't care where they go on vacation or if they even go on vacation! Im not going with them so what would it matter!
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

we hear a lot "cedar point is closer and the rides are better".
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I just don't mention it any more. Regardless of where I plan to go, when I say I'm going on vacation, most folks assume I'm going to Disney "again" and while they are often right, they are not always right.

Yes, it gets tiresome. But as some have mentioned, these same folks return to the same cottage they rent on the same lake they've been to for the last upteen years or the same hotel at the same beach etc. etc. Still, they seem to think that those of us who frequent Disney are certainly odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Yes there are and most of us have gathered right here on Intercot!!
    Very well said Faline! I've simply given up on explaining it! Tired of explaining it & I no longer care if they get it, like it or otherwise! It's our vacation, we're paying for it & we love WDW - enuff said! Thank goodness for all my fellow WDW obsessed peeps on Intercot!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We've always found it funny that folks that go to the same place in Mexico, Hawaii or Las Vegas every year(or more) don't understand why we go to WDW all the time.

It's no different except that we, IMHO, have better taste in holiday locations!!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Leona View Post
    I feel it's very rude for people to comment on others vacations. I've heard so many times "Disney again?!!" from people who go on cruise after cruise after cruise. Granted it's not always the same ports but is there really that much of a difference in cruises?
    Vacations should be something that bring you joy....and that is all.
    This is my situation too. Before our last trip in May my sister said "Aren't you getting tired of that place yet?" I'm like--hey, everyone has their travel preferences. Some people (like my siblings) go on tons of cruises and that is just not my cup of tea. And besides, my family always goes on a non-Disney summer vacation, so we definitely get exposure to other travel destinations. I've just learned to let people think what they think and not let it bother me.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Its ok . My wife & I actually go for 4 weeks a yr an we get it all the time your going back to Disney AGAIN lol . How can you guys afford so many trips cause its so expensive . An for us it's always the same answer , remember his cousin works for WDW an it doesnt cost anything . It cost more for us to board are 2 chocolate Labs then it is for us to go to Orlando.

Post Thanks / Like

For every "you're going to Disney again?" there's a "you're going to Yellowstone again?" or "you're going to France again?" or (insert any place you can imagine). Your money, your vacation, your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

The folks at work just ask me, "when are you going to disney again?". They know that's where I'm going!
    Nell

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: