Quantcast We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Final Thoughts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Final Thoughts

Final Thoughts

We were able to do a lot of firsts on this trip. Staying at BLT, new restaurants, attractions we’ve never done before… it was great. We also paced ourselves. Sure there were things we didn’t get to do, or rides we only hit once, but I never felt rushed. I loved going with my family, although only having one set of kiddos made it easier.

I loved the pool time we had at both resorts, and our first day remains my favorite. Although, when you stay at a “deluxe” DVC then transfer to OKW you can tell the difference. The pool is at OKW is more than adequate, but the kiddy pool is just a hole in the ground and there is no splash pad. The slide, although fun has a totally yucky staircase to get to it. Now BLT’s pool, although smaller and shallower, had a wonderful zero entry, fountains and a great splash pad. It also had two slides, one of which was for little ones.

There were differences within the villas, too. Why didn’t OKW get nice duvets for the rehab? I really dislike the heavy polyester bedspreads, and that was even more pronounced after staying at BLT. I know the two resorts require different points, etc. but a nice bedspread is really small potatoes. I mean even 2.5 star chain hotels offer upscale bedding now! Get with it Disney.

BLT was just awesome, too. I loved being in the heart of everything, and although we didn’t get the best theme park view, it was still amazing. If my DH and I ever fall into money (hah) I would want to buy there. You just can’t beat being on the monorail loop, and the walk to MK is so convenient. I love OKW, too – in fact my hubby really liked how it was a breath of fresh air compared to the hubbub of the parks – but there is something special about BLT.

We had the most amazing trip, and I can’t thank my parents for all the things they did to make it possible. You’re the best Pirate Granny!!! I went through quite a post Disney vacation depression after this trip, but now that it has passed, I’m excited to plan our trip for 2014. For that trip my sister and her boys who are just around my girl’s ages will be joining us. DH will be along for that, too! We’ll spend most of it at a Grand Villa at OKW (now that is AWESOME, so huge and well laid out) but we will either end or begin at BCV or BLT. So much to plan and the kids will be a great age when we go (7 and almost 5) the magic will truly be alive. And thanks to my parent’s generosity we’ll get to stay for 12 nights! SQUEE!!!

Thanks for coming along on my trip report! I know I can be long winded sometimes, but these reports will be here as we prepare for coming trips, or just want to reminisce. I hope you enjoyed them, and I look forward to reading all of yours…
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you had a great trip ... and can start planning for the next one to help with the post-trip blues.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a wonderful time! Now, you've got time to plan another terrific trip! Thanks for your reports.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your trip with us..I really enjoyed reading all about it
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Love being in the planning stage we all had a wonderful time. I believe under 800 days till the next family trip!!!! And the both 2 bedrooms were perfect. And the weather held until the last day you were there. woohoo check out my post number!!!!
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: