Quantcast We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 9 (Last Day)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 9 (Last Day)

Day 9(Final Day) June 24

The girls slept in while we packed, and we were out the door, checked into our flights and our luggage stashed by 10am. Hurricane Debby had arrived and it was raining. Not hard, but it was our first rain experience with ponchos and a rain cover for the stroller. We all kept dry somehow and headed to MK. We went on a soggy Jungle Cruise and then went to the Yucky Pirates one last time. My youngest DD did well and even peeked at the truly yucky pirates at the beginning of the ride. We noticed that the line for the Fairies wasn’t long so out of the rain we went to meet Videa (sp?) and Tink. That was a nice treat, and really cute.

The “Ghostie” Ride was next and I was worried my little one would be too scared. She reassured me she wanted to see the silly ghosties, and did great on the ride. She never hid her head once. I love that new effect at the end with the ghosts in your doom buggy. Lunch was at CHH, with some seriously yummy soup and lobster roll. I’m not east coaster, so I really enjoyed that sandwich. We finally went on Small World (another favorite) and then I think we called it a day.

We took our last bus ride to OKW and waited for the ME. My Sis was leaving at the same time so I had her for a little while longer, but we had to say goodbye to my parents. They got to stay for three more soggy nights, so tears were shed as we wouldn’t be seeing them until August. Everything went smoothly at the airport and soon enough we were winging our way back to a fire filled Colorado.

This is where things went south. About the midpoint of the flight I noticed that my little one had spiked a fever. I finally got her to take some medicine, which she promptly threw up. Then we couldn’t land in Denver due to a storm, so we circled until we were almost out of fuel. We had to land in Colorado Springs to refuel and wait out the storm. I was in tears as I called my DH who let me know even more bad news – our truck had broken down! When we finally landed we bussed ourselves over to a hotel for the night, and my baby got sick again. We were stranded in Denver for the day and finally got a rental car to go home. Urg. This was the worst ending to a trip!! We didn’t get the truck back until Friday night – at least some of it was warranty work! In the end I though the little one had Strep throat, but no, and then her big sis got sick, but not quite as bad.

So with that, our trip was done. I’ll post a final thoughts piece later, I’ve been writing all morning!
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, sorry your little one got sick! And about the truck. That is no way to end a trip. But at least, it was at the end, I guess?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ick! What a way to end a trip! I'm glad it was at the end though.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

That is a pretty awful ending to your trip. Hope things are looking up now.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh..leaving Disney is bad enough.lbut when it has to end o badly it stinks even more..
    Our trip in May ended very badly..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

The trip was perfect. The DGD were amazing, so sorry we weren't there to help for the return trip.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry about the rough ending to your trip. But at least the kiddos waited until you were done with Disney to get sick. And I'm glad some of the repair work on the truck was covered. Just what you don't need-unexpected expenses after just spending lots on vacation!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: