Quantcast We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile We're NOT Going to Kansas... We're Going to Disney World! Day 5

Day 5 June 20th
    The plan for this day was to do HS in the morning and MK in the evening, but the rain in the afternoon changed that… For once we got the girls up to be at HS right after opening and here’s where I made my first (of two) touring mistakes of our trip. We went straight to Toy Story and got fastpasses. They weren’t until 12:50pm and I figured we’d hit that ride right before we left. The stand-by wait time posted was 40 minutes, but we said what the hey, let’s do it! 10 minutes later we were on the ride. Both the girls loved it! I can see why this ride is so popular there just are no good, true rides for little ones. HS really needs some love in that regards.

After TSM we went to the playground where the girls had a blast, then we went over to the Muppets show – a first for me and the girls. We loved it! It was so cute! A snack at Starring Rolls was on our to-do list next. Both girls wanted their own cupcake, but I wanted them to share. After all it was barely 11am! A melt-down ensued but all was rescued by a wonderful CM who offered the girls each a partially chocolate covered Mickey shaped sugar cookie. It was large but thin, and the girls were thrilled to have their own treat. I was happy because it was much less volume than a cupcake! The CM even gave them to us – NO cost! How sweet. This is what I love about Disney. It’s the little things.

I helped my Mom get the girls and her settled to watch Beauty and the Beast and then I headed over to try to ride ToT while my sis hit up the single rider line at RnRC. I should’ve just gone with my sister as the ToT line was way too long (50 minutes). I also had in hand our fastpasses for TSM that I knew we weren’t going to use (the girls were obviously exhausted, I wanted them to have lunch at “home” and then take a nap ASAP) and I tried to find a trade. 4 TSM FP’s for one at TT. No takers. A helpful CM was going to let me trade in my four for new TOT FP’s without putting in all our passes (again Disney magic) but the timing didn’t work. Thus my first touring foible. I should have just gotten FP’s for ToT to begin with! Oh well, I made two families day – I gave away both sets of FP’s!

I actually ended up joining my Mom and the girls for the last part of BatB (which is great) and then we headed home. The girls did just as I planned – lunch and then nap. After nap the weather was just crummy – raining pretty hard so we decided to meet up with my Mom’s work friend whose family was in town too, just visiting that “other” theme park . We made reservations (love the Mobile Magic App for that, ADRs, but it was not so good for in park times for me) for 10 people at the Grand Floridian Café for that evening.

Dinner at the Café was great – the best burger I have had in a while (I’ve joined Weight Watchers recently, in 6 weeks I’ve lost 20 lbs – I didn’t even gain any at WDW thanks to all that walking), and we checked out the hotel with my Mom’s friend’s family. We rode the monorail and then headed home. Bedtime was close behind and it was once again great to hang out with my family room in the spacious great room that OKW provided. Up on deck for tomorrow was Animal Kingdom. Would we get to ride the Safari? We didn’t last year….
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you did not get to ride ToT but the Beauty and the Beast show is so good. I love it! What a great trip!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Maggie, twenty pounds in six weeks is awesome! Go, you! Congratulations on losing it and keeping it off at WDW. I find that you can't always trust posted wait times. We've seen lines that were obviously way longer than the posted time, and some that ended up to be much shorter. It's not an exact science, though they do the best they can.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you missed out on Tower of Terror but you certainly did spread some joy to the families who received your unused fast passes!

Gotta love the space to spread out at Old Key West!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it ended up being another nice day!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: