Quantcast Le Cellier Signature For Lunch in 2013

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Le Cellier Signature For Lunch in 2013

I know it was rumored, but it has been confirmed now that Le Cellier will be a "signature" restaurant for lunch and dinner beginning in 2013.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a good thing that I have a reservation for a lunch this October. That will be the last time I eat at Le Cellier.
    The food is excellent but IMHO not THAT GOOD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVCJohn View Post
    It is a good thing that I have a reservation for a lunch this October. That will be the last time I eat at Le Cellier.
    The food is excellent but IMHO not THAT GOOD.
    My thoughts exactly - unless I am paying OOP...
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

After I ate there the first time, I had to ask myself, was Le Cellier so highly rated because it deserved its ratings, or was it so popular because it was over-rated? Like others have said, I found the food (and atmosphere) to be good, but nowhere near all the rave reviews I had been seeing. I can get just as good steaks at my local Outback or other chain steakhouses. I was expecting so much more. I think Disney just went to "signature" status on both seatings because the place is so popular, they will still be full for every meal. No different than raising the prices on the dining plan and food in general, not to mention rooms and park passes.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    No different than raising the prices on the dining plan and food in general, not to mention rooms and park passes.
    Well, it is different. They're not just raising prices. The menu is different and the food is definitely a much higher quality on the "signature" version. That said, I don't understand why they're switching lunch to signature as well. Probably a move to cut overhead so they don't have to plan for 2 menus, but I thought it was a neat way to handle things to have it as a signature for dinner, which is usually when you want a more "formal" meal anyway, and regular for lunch. I hate to know I won't ever eat at Le Cellier again, but I'm definitely not doing signature prices even with a TiW card.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I have it booked for September. I've always wanted to try it, but I just don't "do" two credit meals unless it is a really special occasion.

Post Thanks / Like

Who didnt know ths was coming...

It's high on my list of most overrated restaurants on property. On its best day, I rate it on par with Outback Steakhouse. Can't imagine 2 TS credits for just lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Boo.

I did not dislike LeCellier, but I don't think it is a Signature Dining Experience, and I am not willing to try it as such even if the menu has changed.

I wonder if they will lose business or maybe have to attract a whole new clientele that has never before dined there when it was a non-signature dining experience? Does that make sense?

I wonder how this will play out?

By the way, are there any other signature dining restaurants that serve lunch?
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post

By the way, are there any other signature dining restaurants that serve lunch?
    The Brown Derby in DHS serves lunch and also charges 2 TS.

We seem to be in the minority but did enjoy the new menu, especially the appys. Actually our meal there was much more interesting than Cali Grill. I would have no problem doing a late leisurely lunch there with that menu and paying OOP.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Well, it is different. They're not just raising prices. The menu is different and the food is definitely a much higher quality on the "signature" version. . . .
    What I meant was that by raising the number of credits required for certain meals, you are getting less meals for your money even if the cost of the DDP is the same (it's steadily increasing too). I expect more of the same in the future. In the big picture, it means more profit for Disney (not that there's anything wrong with that).
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they were out of crazy when they changed dinner to 2 credits, just not worth it to me. I seriously think you would have to be the crazy one to spend 2 credits for lunch.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

What does that mean for us "regular" people who aren't on the dining plan and just want to go there for lunch? Does that mean an increase in prices? Do we have to dress up to go there now? We really wanted to have lunch there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary but if we have to dress up we'll have to check into other places.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    We seem to be in the minority but did enjoy the new menu, especially the appys. Actually our meal there was much more interesting than Cali Grill. I would have no problem doing a late leisurely lunch there with that menu and paying OOP.
    Lynn, I think you're going to have an amazingly easy time getting ADRs. We won't be going back for either lunch or dinner, on the Dining Plan or paying out of pocket.

Scott, I wouldn't worry about having to dress up too much. I would imagine that the normal rules for signature dining would apply. Not allowed:
    Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.
    What is allowed leaves you lots of room:
    Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
    Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

[/b]
    Quote Originally Posted by dizneyrox View Post
    who didnt know ths was coming...

It's high on my list of most overrated restaurants on property. On its best day, i rate it on par with outback steakhouse. Can't imagine 2 ts credits for just lunch.
    mte

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the change, but everyone saying "it's not worth it" I think is jumping the gun a little. We don't know if it's worth it. It's not like they're taking the same menu they've always had and just charging more for it. They're doing a totally different menu and dining experience. It might be worth it to those who enjoy signature restaurants. I doubt I'll go because we generally can't budget in that much for food, but the new menu might be completely worth it if you like the high end dining experiences.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

We think the food quality is not worth a 2 signature and with all the hype feel even one credit was never worth it trying to get a dining time. We have TIW and still have not been in years. Too much for pretzel bread and cheddar soup. There are other signature and off property dining that has so muchmore to offer . Not to mention the sitting on top of each other tables at LeCellier. Beware table 25 where you get the rest room and wait staff double bumping you.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought dinner at Le Cellier was a "signature" dining experience, so even with a menu change, I don't expect lunch could really be worth 2TS credits either. That being said, since Disney has been marketing the Dining plans so heavily the past 5 years or so, the quality of the dining experience at all signature restaurants (at least the ones on the DP) has decreased significantly in my opinion. I'm not sure any of them are really worth 2 credits anymore. We have been to both Cali Grill and Artist Point in the last few years (paying OOP) and I felt both of them were not as good as they were 7-10 years ago. With so many people using the DDPs, I think they don't have to depend on high quality food/service in order to fill all the tables. They've already got your money.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love Le Cellier, I wouldn't spend 2 credits for lunch. Good thing I got a reservation for lunch in November. I guess I won't be going back much any more.

Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. here's my .02 worth. Many years ago prior to the dining plan days, you could walk up to LeCellier at 12:00 noon and be seated(and I did on more than one occasion) with little to no wait. Now I'm no expert on running a resturant but having all the tables full most of the time would seem like good business. Fast forward to the last few years. Not only are they full most of the time, they are booked 6 months in advance. Could it get any better for the resturant? Well, time will if this is a good decision or not and I may be proven wrong(as I have been many times before) but why mess with sucess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    O.K. here's my .02 worth. Many years ago prior to the dining plan days, you could walk up to LeCellier at 12:00 noon and be seated(and I did on more than one occasion) with little to no wait. Now I'm no expert on running a restaurant but having all the tables full most of the time would seem like good business. Fast forward to the last few years. Not only are they full most of the time, they are booked 6 months in advance. Could it get any better for the resturant? Well, time will if this is a good decision or not and I may be proven wrong(as I have been many times before) but why mess with sucess.
    That's exactly why the dining plans are good business . . . . for Disney. But that doesn't make it a good value for their customers. They have in essence, a captive audience, because nobody wants to leave the parks or the "world" to eat somewhere else. The dining plans have worked like a charm for Disney and all the restaurants operating there. But it certainly isn't because an increase in food quality or service.
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Pop Century

Share This Thread On Social Media: