Quantcast Ticket question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ticket question

We have a room only reservation, so I am buying our tickets separately. Never done it this way before, so I have a couple of questions (last minute trip with things changing by the day, so this seemed the best way to go).

If I buy 4-day hoppers and we decide we'd like to add a day, is that easy to do? Does it cost more than if we'd just bought 5-day hoppers to begin with?

We have a split stay - can I get the tickets and both hotel rooms on the same kttw? Or at least transfer my remaining hopper days to the new kttw when we change resorts?

TIA!
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Adding an extra day is no big deal and won't cost you any more. You'll get a new KTTW card at your new resort, but you can transfer your tickets over.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We did a split and Coranado could not add the in-use ticket to the KTTW. I did not ask around to see if it was my clerk or a new computer.

We used to bump up ticket days frequently. It sounds like they have put some limits on this practice, I hope someone has the newest info.
    Have a splendid trip.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    We did a split and Coranado could not add the in-use ticket to the KTTW. I did not ask around to see if it was my clerk or a new computer.

We used to bump up ticket days frequently. It sounds like they have put some limits on this practice, I hope someone has the newest info.
    Have a splendid trip.
    The limitation is the inclination of (or lack of training) on the part of the CM you asked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    The only restriction you need to be aware of is that you can no longer add days to a used-up ticket.

So, if you have a 4-day ticket, you can't add an extra day the day after you "use up" the ticket.

As long as there is at least one day left on the ticket (or you're the same day as the last day) you'll still be fine to add the extra day.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    The only restriction you need to be aware of is that you can no longer add days to a used-up ticket.

So, if you have a 4-day ticket, you can't add an extra day the day after you "use up" the ticket.

As long as there is at least one day left on the ticket (or you're the same day as the last day) you'll still be fine to add the extra day.
    There are TWO relevant restrictions.

The first being outlined above (can't upgrade an exhausted ticket) but the second is that you can only upgrade your tickets once. So you can't add park hopping on Day 2 then on day 4 add a Day 5. Only one upgrade allowed.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

It is true that you can't upgrade an exhausted ticket. But it's important to know that a ticket isn't considered exhausted for this purpose until the end of the day in which it was exhausted.

EXAMPLE:
    You have a 4-day ticket. You used up the 4th day today when you entered Magic Kingdom this morning. You left Mk in the afternoon, you're hanging around after dinner at Downtown Disney, and you decide you have time to go to a theme park tomorrow after all. Since it's still the same day in which you exhausted the ticket, the ticket is still elgible to be added to or upgraded.

But if you make that decision tomorrow morning, it will be too late, the ticket will be dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    the second is that you can only upgrade your tickets once. So you can't add park hopping on Day 2 then on day 4 add a Day 5. Only one upgrade allowed.
    I'm sorry, but that's not a Disney ticket rule.

You could upgrade a ticket as many times as you like
    (staying within the other framework of rules.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    EXAMPLE:
    You have a 4-day ticket. You used up the 4th day today when you entered Magic Kingdom this morning. You left Mk in the afternoon, you're hanging around after dinner at Downtown Disney, and you decide you have time to go to a theme park tomorrow after all. Since it's still the same day in which you exhausted the ticket, the ticket is still elgible to be added to or upgraded.

But if you make that decision tomorrow morning, it will be too late, the ticket will be dead.
    There is a major exception to even this rule.
    If you are a guest at a WDW Resort, and your tickets are on your KTTW card (which will have your name printed on that card/ticket, by DIsney) you CAN upgrade that ticket up to the full 14 day period, even if you exhausted the ticket several days previous.

Keeping current on the ins and outs of tickets is an intense exercise.
    And, unfortunately, there are a a number of ticket CM's working at Disney who are not fully trained and updated, so you, yourself, need to know the ticket facts before attempting to do an upgrade.
    There can be a lot of money at stake. YOUR money.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you just get 5 day tickets in the first place? One of the (reputable) online ticket sellers has "buy 4 day, get one day free". The difference between 4 and 5 day tickets is usually very little.

PM me if you'd like the website.

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    One of the (reputable) online ticket sellers has "buy 4 day, get one day free".
    No need to PM about it. The Official Ticket Center, Intercot Sponsor, has that deal - buy 4 days get the 5th free. Check the link to the left. Get a good deal and help support Intercot.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysBestPal View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's not a Disney ticket rule.

There is a major exception to even this rule.
    If you are a guest at a WDW Resort, and your tickets are on your KTTW card (which will have your name printed on that card/ticket, by Disney) you CAN upgrade that ticket up to the full 14 day period, even if you exhausted the ticket several days previous.

Keeping current on the ins and outs of tickets is an intense exercise.
    And, unfortunately, there are a a number of ticket CM's working at Disney who are not fully trained and updated, so you, yourself, need to know the ticket facts before attempting to do an upgrade.
    There can be a lot of money at stake. YOUR money.
    On both counts, I am repeating what has been posted here on the Boards for months, and this is the first post refuting either of these two rules. I mostly just repeat what CleveRocks says and he hasn't been wrong yet.

I hope you are correct, but the only one upgrade rule has been widely discussed & complained about on the Boards and nobody called our bluff. I went back but can't find the original source of this rule change but I am still trying.

Same for the no upgrading an exhausted ticket. There has never been an exception posted until yours. I REALLY hope you are right on both counts because both of these rules REALLY irritate me.

Always looking to learn more about tickets and rules....Goofy

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

The way I read Disney ticket policy (and someone can correct me if they've been denied this), you are allowed to upgrade theme park days even AFTER you've used up all your current days as long as you have "entitlements" remaining on your ticket and you are within 14 days of the ticket's first use.

In other words, if you have a 4-day ticket with the Water Park and More option, and you visited Magic Kingdom July 1, 2, 3 and 4, you can still upgrade to another theme park day on July 8 or anytime within 14 days from July 1, as long as you have water park days remaining on the ticket.

This is spelled out on Disney's website (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq.../#subCategory7) under "Can new tickets be upgraded once they're purchased?"
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Nancy from magical journeys mentioned the new ticket rules in this thread.
    http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...Ticket+upgrade
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Nancy from magical journeys mentioned the new ticket rules in this thread.
    http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...Ticket+upgrade
    Thanks for that, I could not find that thread even though I posted in it

From that link, actually from Denise not Nancy:

Quote Originally Posted by Niecyboo View Post
    Disney has made a couple of changes to their policies that might affect when you add them slightly. First, they have always had a document printing fee if you make any changes to your package within a few weeks of your travel dates and they have to print a new set of documents. They used to waive this if you were making an upgrade, but lately they have been much more strict on it. Even if you are adding days/Park Hopping to your tickets, they may charge you an extra $15.00 a week before you travel. Once you arrive, they don't charge this fee.

A second change is that they now allow you to make an upgrade to your tickets just once during your stay. It used to be you could go in to Guest Services and add a day to your ticket then go back the next day and add Park Hopping. Now they just allow you to do this once during your stay. It also has to be done within 14 days of first use and before you use the last day on your tickets (so if you go into the parks on the 5th day of a 5 day ticket, you cannot add anything to it).

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I think the bottom line here is guest experiences. Many of us have made the phone call to Disney, been told one thing, hung up, called back and told another. Case in point, LVT's post above.

I'd really like to hear from people who have been at the parks in the last few months to tell us what their experiences have been in trying to upgrade.

My own experiences have been that we always have the best luck with the CMs at the Guest Services windows at the parks. They know the most about ticketing and are also more willing to go the extra mile for a guest. (In some cases, more than the extra mile.)
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem. Took me a bit to find it. I was on a mission because I remembered discussing that with you in a thread and started to feel like we were both going crazy lol

Oops, guess I saw the screen name and thought it said nancy in my head. Lol sorry Denise and nancy!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I dont wanna start a fight or anything. Maybe i had an extra happy cast member. We were just down in June, and we originally had a 7 day ticket and on our 7th day of park visits we added 2 more days, so i guess it is up to and including your last day you can upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allenfow98 View Post
    I dont wanna start a fight or anything. Maybe i had an extra happy cast member. We were just down in June, and we originally had a 7 day ticket and on our 7th day of park visits we added 2 more days, so i guess it is up to and including your last day you can upgrade.
    You CAN upgrade your ticket any time during the day that you actually use the last asset on your ticket.
    That includes doing so after you have left the park on that day... up until close-of-business that same day.
    However, the NEXT day, it would be considered "too late" to do any upgrade.

UNLESS- you are using a KTTW (WDW resort Key-Card) with your name printed on it by Disney, and you showed a photo ID.
    In that case, even if your ticket was all used up on a previous day, you could upgrade (add "days," etc.) up to the traditional 14 days after the ticket's first use.

BTW, this is not just my opinion.
    It states this in so many words on the current
    "UPGRADE POLICIES" on the WDW internal-to-CM's "Ticketing Module."

Post Thanks / Like

If you are a guest at a WDW Resort, and your tickets are on your KTTW card (which will have your name printed on that card/ticket, by DIsney) you CAN upgrade that ticket up to the full 14 day period, even if you exhausted the ticket several days previous.
    On both counts, I am repeating what has been posted here on the Boards for months, and this is the first post refuting either of these two rules. I mostly just repeat what CleveRocks says and he hasn't been wrong yet.

I hope you are correct, but the only one upgrade rule has been widely discussed & complained about on the Boards and nobody called our bluff. I went back but can't find the original source of this rule change but I am still trying.

Same for the no upgrading an exhausted ticket. There has never been an exception posted until yours. I REALLY hope you are right on both counts because both of these rules REALLY irritate me.
    Both of my above statements are correct according to the current "UPGRADE POLICIES" on the WDW internal-to-CM's "Ticketing Module."

The rules change every now and then, but these are the current ones in effect.

BTW, I can't begin to understand where anyone would get the idea that Disney would limit a ticket upgrade to just ONE TIME per ticket.
    That goes against the ticket "prime directive"
    which states,
    " 'The more you play, the less you pay per day,' Guests are invited to maximize their vacation to the Walt Disney World® Resort by upgrading their Magic Your Way Tickets to include additional days and options."

BTW, I also believe that CleveRocks has great info.
    I can pretty much guarantee the he and I get a lot of our best ticket info from the same source.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: