Quantcast VIP Tour

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: VIP Tour

Post Thanks / Like

Default VIP Tour

Has anyone heard of/participated in VIP Tours? There is a section for it on WDW site (looks pricey, at least for my pocketbook, and I'm not sure how many in your group are covered by the hourly rate). Do you really get "front of the line" access on any FP attraction?
    A friend and his family have signed up for it on their next trip. As much as I've been on this board and thought I knew the ins and outs of Disney, I had never heard of it (except assuming there was some kind of VIP for "celebrities").
    Just curious.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks VERY expensive. It was something like $125 per hour with a six hour minimum.

That doesn't count in park admission. Maybe somebody thinks that is worth it, but I would rather spend my $$ on something else.

I was watching a Disney video the other night and they should a couple who says they "get a VIP tour guide each trip." They "cannot imagine visiting the MK without one."

Boy, I wish I had money to just throw around like that.

Post Thanks / Like

The WDW website quotes $175-$315 per hour. WOW. And, it is all day. (I think my friend has two days booked) Double WOW.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    It looks VERY expensive. It was something like $125 per hour with a six hour minimum.

That doesn't count in park admission. Maybe somebody thinks that is worth it, but I would rather spend my $$ on something else.

I was watching a Disney video the other night and they should a couple who says they "get a VIP tour guide each trip." They "cannot imagine visiting the MK without one."

Boy, I wish I had money to just throw around like that.
    I just saw that too! And all I could think was, would I really want someone I didn't know hanging out with us all day on vacation?? Seemed odd to me.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I doubt it would be like "hanging" around with them and there would be some nice perks with it. There would have to be with the cost of it.

But I don't think I would want to spend my visit to the MK with a tour guide. I don't know. I think it wouldn't seem like a vacation then.

Then again, maybe I am just cheap...

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't ever be able to pay for it, but during one of my teaching trips to WDW they were nice enough to do it for my family. You learn a lot about WDW, for sure. It's a cool experience. You don't do front of the line for every attraction, but you do get to do it for some. I think they took my family front of the line on HM, Splash, Peter Pan, and BTMRR. Basically brought them in the exit. My wife and kids enjoyed the VIP treatment, but in no way would I have that kind of money to pay for it (nor do I really think it's worth that much money).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen people on these tours from time to time. You see their group coming in through an exit or side door with a Disney guide and getting right on the ride. Never anyone that I've recognized but if they've got the money, why not.

Too pricey for me, but keep in mind that when it comes to being rich or being able to throw money around it's all relative. Believe it or not, simply being able to afford to go to Disney at all puts us pretty high on the 'wealth' distribution curve for the 7 billion people on this planet.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: