Quantcast MVMCP pricing - WOW!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MVMCP pricing - WOW!!

We have a room reservation that we booked through MJ, starting the day after Thanksgiving. So our agent Kathy, as always efficient, sends me an email yesterday announcing the dates and pricing for MVMCP.

All I can say is, holy Mickey Mouse, what in the (Walt Disney) World are they thinking? $60-75 for adults and $55-70 for kids (depending on dates) seems absurd.

Granted my wife and I haven't done it since 2008 or so and even then I thought it was too high at $45+, but this, its a no brainer, we won't be doing it. Our oldest will have just turned 10, so technically an adult, which means for our family of 5 we'd be shelling out basically $300 for this thing.

I've done it twice now and as much as I love Disney, putting this thing into perspective, I can't for the life of me think of what part of MVMCP makes it worth $300. I'd rather take the family to a nice dinner and spend an hour or two appreciating Osborne Family Lights and still come out financially ahead.

Sorry for the early morning rant, but my feelings towards this pricing can pretty much be summed up as

I'd love to take the kids, but $300 for hot chocolate, a few plain cookies, and a parade and maybe a show, just don't seem to warrant it. At least in the past you got a button (I'm staring at my 1999 button on my office bulletin board now) and even a free 5x7 photo as I recall. Now I don't think you get anything special, do you?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!!! Holy smokes! We planned to do this late Nov early Dec but I really don't know now, $335 is ALOT for my group of 5....... I just don't know if I can justify it??
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way, that price is outrageous !!

16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the price is high, but I haven't paid close attention to how much it has increased each year. I always assumed that most of the folks who went were going in place of using a day's park admission and could justify it that way. But as AP holders, we just can't see spending that much when our basic park access has already been paid for.

But then again, I have also read more complaints recently about how the parties are very crowded with longer lines than in the past. Perhaps the higher prices will result in lower attendance numbers and thus smaller crowds ...
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

I was just going to ask the question "should we go" and I think I just got the answer I just love the feel of Xmas at the park, but I can do without the price of the tickets. I think if they added something you can’t see during the regular day price ticket then why so much more on the price??? I have a hotel booked and wanted to go, but I might have to rethink it. We have a big trip at the end of the year to Tenn. and I just wanted to do the Xmas party as a quick weekend trip, but I can’t see paying with everything about $2,000 OR MORE for a weekend when it’s all said and done..What a bummer

just looked it up for us with 6 people it's $ 409.75, Just to walk in the park

OH and whats with the same day ticket sales??? Certain tickets only go on sale the day of that event. Why are they doing that. I WONDER !
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

At 7 adults in our family (our youngest child of 5is only 11) it would be a $420 price tag for us. It's not going to happen.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

Advanced ticket prices are $59 + taxes adult, $51 + taxes kids. It's only day of tickets that hit $75. Tickets seem high and Disney will find out if it's excessive if people don't buy them.

It's like everything, gotta figure out if it's worth it to you to go. If it isn't to me then I don't go. They may get the sales for those days nearer Christmas which are only day of sales because for locals it's still a 17% savings over a one day ticket. Time will tell if Disney has blown it or not.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to MNSSHP at the end of October. It will be $236 for our family of 4 to go. It has been 4 years since we have gone and we always have a blast when we go with our friends but that is expensive candy!!
    Diana

3-19 Old Key West
    10-18 ASMovies
    6-18 Pop
    4-18 ASMovies 50th BDay AP!
    10-17 Pop
    11-15 Boardwalk GV
    10-12 Saratoga Springs GV
    7-11 Beach Club
    7-09 Old Key West
    10-08 Boardwalk GV
    4-07 POP Bday & 40th Anniv
    4-04 CB
    5-99 ASMovies
    1-91 Honeymoon & 2 times as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

2012 Prices
    (2012 Prices INCLUDE tax)
    Advance Sales - September (except 30) $59.59 Adult / $54.26 Ages 3-9
    Advance Sales - September 30, October and November - $62.78/$57.46
    Day of Event Sales - September (except 30) $67.04/$61.72
    Day of Event Sales - September 30, October, November - $69.17/$63.85
    Premium Night - October 31 - $74.50/$69.17
    2011 Prices
    (2011 prices listed INCLUDE tax)
    Prices for the party are as follows :

Advance Purchase for October 2, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27 and November 1: $60.66 adults / $55.33 ages 3-9 (No Discount Available for October 28 and 31) 

Passholder and DVC Member Discounts for September dates: $53.20 / $46.81
    Passholder and DVC Member Discounts for October 2, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20, 23, and 25: $56.40 / $51.07
    Day of Event (if still available) for September dates: $63.85 /$57.46
    Day of Event (if still available) for October 2, 3, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27 and November 1: $67.05 / $61.72
    Day of Event (if still available) for October 28 and 31: $72.37 / $67.05
    2010 Prices
    (2010 prices listed INCLUDE tax)
    Advance Purchase: $57.46 for adults 10 and older / $51.07 for ages 3-9*

Passholder and DVC Member Discounts: $53.20 / $46.81*
    Day of Event (if still available): $63.85 /$57.46 

*Not available October 29 and 31. Those two dates are priced at a premium: $69.17 (ages 10 and up) and $62.78 (ages 3-9), tax included.

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is OUCH!

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame the prices are so high for these special parties/events. You don't get a full day in the park for one. We have gone 2 times to MNSSHP and one time to MVMCP but we won't go anymore. The price for what you get is high. Also, seems to be more crowded than in the past. Regarding MNSSHP, my kids are past trick or treating age they want to go to Universal for HHN (they are teens). Price for that can be very high too and even more with the HHN Express pass which you pretty much have to buy since the crowds are horrendous.

When it's getting to a the cost of a 1 day park ticket (like it seems to be) then they really just make it standard with your regular admission and stop with "ticket event" status. I guess they would lose money though.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floridamom View Post
    I always assumed that most of the folks who went were going in place of using a day's park admission and could justify it that way.
    If I'm buying 8 day tickets, it doesn't make sense to spend $300 more for what the OP mentioned: a parade, fireworks, and a live show - all of which you can get when it's NOT MVMCP night. I've been wanting to take my family back during Christmas, but that means hitting the MK on very crowded non-Party days, or spending a junkload of money to stay up really late. Our decision was to just not go during that time, which is a bummer.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We did MNSSHP last October for the first time and had a great time and glad I did it once. We had SP that year so we did not have to pay for park tickets that trip so we opted for the party. I'm not real sure I would pay again for either party. This year we are going to do Islands of Adventure one day instead of paying to enter the MK.
    Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

MVMCP 2012 Prices, INCLUDING tax
    Advance Sales $62.78 Adult / $57.46 Ages 3-9
    Day of Event Sales $69.17/$63.85

** Premium Night Dec 21 $72.37/$67.04
    MVMCP 2011 Prices, INCLUDING tax
    Advance Purchase for November 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 29, and 30; December 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14: $60.66 for adults 10 and older / $55.33 for ages 3-9 

Passholder and DVC Member Discounts for November 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 29, 30; December 4, 6: $56.40 / $51.07
    Day of Event: $67.05 /$61.72

MVMCP 2010 Prices INCLUDING Tax
    Advance Purchase: $57.46 for adults 10 and older / $51.07 for ages 3-9 (Not available December 7, 10, 12, 17 or 19)

Passholder and DVC Member Discounts: $53.20 / $46.81 (Not available December 7, 10 through 19)

Day of Event (if still available): $63.85 /$57.46
    MVMCP 2009 Prices INCLUDING Tax
    ADVANCE PURCHASE: Adults: $55.38; Children 3-9 $48.99 (discount not available Nov 29, Dec 4, 11, 17-18; price is same as Day of Event tickets)
    DAY OF EVENT (IF NOT SOLD OUT): Adults $62.84; Children 3-9 $56.45
    Passholder and Disney Vacation Club Discounts: Adults $52.19; Children 3-9 $45.80Only available for the following dates: Nov 10, 12, 13, 17, 19; Dec 6, 8

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm over the parties. Love Halloween and have considered weekend getaways to attend the party, but no way, with airfare, room, other tickets, etc... Maybe Christmas, the whole resort is decorated, there's really no need for the party IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    If I'm buying 8 day tickets, it doesn't make sense to spend $300 more for what the OP mentioned: a parade, fireworks, and a live show - all of which you can get when it's NOT MVMCP night. I've been wanting to take my family back during Christmas, but that means hitting the MK on very crowded non-Party days, or spending a junkload of money to stay up really late. Our decision was to just not go during that time, which is a bummer.
    This is a big part of it. We'll be getting anywhere from an 8 day to 10 day park pass, which brings the daily ticket price down to what, about $25 a day. For the benefit received there seems to be little value in paying another $50-$60 per person for this event.

The other thing that I've recently noticed and do not like, is the frequency of this event. Basically if you think of the holiday season as being from Thanksgiving to Christmas, its about 30 days, after looking at the MVMCP schedule the party is being held on 16 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas day, that's over 50% of the time! That's seems a bit extreme and the more I look at it, it comes off more as another money grab. If they are going to limit MK access for 50% of my stay, then maybe my base tickets should reflect that. I know that will never happen though but its the first time I've thought of it in that manner and now instead of feeling it is more like

Post Thanks / Like

No more. We have done both Halloween and Christmas parties 3 times. Always the same thing (not 3 yrs in a row either)...except the crowds keep getting bigger and bigger. Definitely NOT worth the extra cash. When things get to expensive, the only way to get the message to the bean counters is to stop buying tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    If they are going to limit MK access for 50% of my stay, then maybe my base tickets should reflect that. I know that will never happen though but its the first time I've thought of it in that manner and now instead of feeling it is more like
    No kidding! I will have to recheck the nights of our trip to make sure it's not during the Halloween Party.

It also makes the other parks more crowded.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I know that a business' first priority is to make money. I mean that's why businesses exist. But it boggles my mind why, in this economy, why prices are increased so much and discounts are fewer. Even in this economy people are still going to Disney. But for those of us who haven't been able to go in a while price hikes will keep us away even longer. We are recovering. I sure would love to be able to do it at WDW. Like sweets, WDW is my indulgence Too bad it will be a while before I can go back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizerbug View Post
    Even in this economy people are still going to Disney.
    You answered your own question...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: