Quantcast Re-Imagined Test Track To Open Fall 2012 - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    I saw new pictures today of concept art of the TT refurb. It has a lot of neon lights, no more winding roads and road signs. More like a ride through a black light poster! Not sure if I like it or not.
    I think we may be pleasantly surprised at this one...

BTW, the track layout is remaining the same, only show scenes are changing so I suspect the hill climb is still going to be there...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    BTW, the track layout is remaining the same, only show scenes are changing so I suspect the hill climb is still going to be there...
    Yep. The hill climb is clearly seen as the first of the concept drawings that were released.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Yep. The hill climb is clearly seen as the first of the concept drawings that were released.
    To be honest for a second, I'm glad the track layout is staying... I'm just hoping for improved show scenes... I just fear this will wind up being nothing but screen technology... But, if done right, could be amazing... I'm really looking forward to this refurb and I hope Chevy tells Imagineering no half-thought ending, like Spaceship Earth...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I've never done Test Track and am slightly hoping it is re-opened when my husband and I visit in October. I say slightly because I think I'm scared, lol. Is this a roller coaster type ride or just fast paced on one level?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortcake311 View Post
    I've never done Test Track and am slightly hoping it is re-opened when my husband and I visit in October. I say slightly because I think I'm scared, lol. Is this a roller coaster type ride or just fast paced on one level?
    Most of the ride isnt fast paced at all, really. It is supposed to imitate how they test cars when they are making them in production....handling in a couple of curves, how the brakes react, cold room, hot room, paint room. The 'thrill' part is at the end when it looks like you are going to break the barrier and then it goes outside and increases it speed around a racetrack type track, speed goes up to almost 65 mph.....like riding in a convertible on the interstate basically. It is fun!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortcake311 View Post
    I wouldn't count on it being open in October... Currently, TT is scheduled to reopen December 1...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Briansmom View Post
    Most of the ride isnt fast paced at all, really. It is supposed to imitate how they test cars when they are making them in production....handling in a couple of curves, how the brakes react, cold room, hot room, paint room. The 'thrill' part is at the end when it looks like you are going to break the barrier and then it goes outside and increases it speed around a racetrack type track, speed goes up to almost 65 mph.....like riding in a convertible on the interstate basically. It is fun!
    Providing the barrier test stays, which I doubt... Seems like the whole inside, other than track layout is going to be gutted... The outside speed portion is supposed to stay, but the lead up to it, I dunno how that will change...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Providing the barrier test stays, which I doubt... Seems like the whole inside, other than track layout is going to be gutted... The outside speed portion is supposed to stay, but the lead up to it, I dunno how that will change...
    Well, unfortunately since they delayed the start up of the refurb it won't be open when we are there in late September to find out.

I will have to find out how it turns out from my Intercot friends.
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Briansmom View Post
    Thank you! It sounds like fun. 65 isn't too shabby, that's normal highway speed here, plus we drive to Disney and the speed on 95 is 70MPH, lol. Now I'm sad that I will be missing it as the projected opening date is in December. There is always next time though!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the new test track! And can we see the new logo to the new test track!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: