Quantcast free dining question/s

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default free dining question/s

I have never used the Dining Plan, as I am never very structured with how/when we eat. However, in light of the free dining plan offers, how can one go wrong but to take it? My question, when booking a package online, do you have to do anything else special besides choosing the option in the booking screen? Will it automatically be "free" when your total is displayed? If the total does increase, do I take this to mean all the available slots for this promo are taken? (Yes, the dates I was choosing were within the free perdio.) Also, it advertises for a 5N/6D package, can you do this for a longer package if you're still within the timeframe?
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are booking online you need to go in through the "specials" page. If you go in through regular reservations, you will not get the discount. Go to the WDW site, on the top you will see Tickets and Packages and the you will see specials in that drop down menu.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

As the previous poster stated you will need to click on the specials at the bottom of the WDW web page and then go to the free dining promo link.

You could also use Magical Journey ( Intercot Sponsor ) and let them book your vacation. I have used them for years now and will never book my own again.

As for number of days increased for your stay, yes you can and the dining plan follows you. You really need to make Dining Reservations to ensure you will have a table or you might be disappointed.

I like control of my vacation as well so when it comes to using the dining plan it is no different than using cash except you only pay for anything beyond what is included in your dining plan package.

Oh! forgot to mention that Magical Journey's will do everything for you for free. But you still have to pay for the vacation. Darn.

Hope this helps....
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Just in case you're not aware, you pay max rack rate on the resort room to get "free" dining. Depending on your eating habits, it's not always the best deal. A room-only discount often works out to be cheaper. If you don't care for snacks and desserts, and you like appetizers, like us - dining plan is a bust!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    Just in case you're not aware, you pay max rack rate on the resort room to get "free" dining. Depending on your eating habits, it's not always the best deal. A room-only discount often works out to be cheaper. If you don't care for snacks and desserts, and you like appetizers, like us - dining plan is a bust!
    You pay the exact same amount for a room with the free DDP as you do without it. Go on the DW website and book a room with it and without it, it's the same price.
    Dean

"Scream like a girl" Expedition Everest

Sept. 2005 Caribbean Beach
    Oct... 2005 Animal Kindom Lodge
    Sept. 2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2007 All Star Music
    May 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2009 All Star Music
    Sept. 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2012 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Disney Fan View Post
    You pay the exact same amount for a room with the free DDP as you do without it. Go on the DW website and book a room with it and without it, it's the same price.
    Unless you have a discount code for "room only". This discount may be greater in value than "free dining". It's definitely something that should be considered when making plans.

However, a discount for "room only" can not be combined with the "free dining" promo.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

For a 7 day stay a 30% discount would save about $400 on a Moderate or about $250 for a Value. I would pay much more than that for food for 7 days for our family of 4. So for us free dining saves us way more than a room discount. PIN codes can be hit and miss as far as timing, if your lucky enough to get one. We almost always go in September and we always get the dining plan, regardless of when we go.

MargaretMessler
    Are you planning on staying at a moderate or a value? If your getting the counter service dining plan for staying at a value, it certainly takes a lot less planning, but with the table service for staying at a moderate you will need to plan your days out and then make ressie's. We have done both, and both plans have their benefits.
    Dean

May 2008 All Star Movies
    Sept 2012 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Will be staying value. So I would definitely get more use out of the quick service based on my "typical" eating habits. Some days we will do a sit down, some days we only eat two meals, so for free I would take it. To pay...probably would break even so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Disney Fan View Post
    For a 7 day stay a 30% discount would save about $400 on a Moderate or about $250 for a Value. I would pay much more than that for food for 7 days for our family of 4. So for us free dining saves us way more than a room discount. PIN codes can be hit and miss as far as timing, if your lucky enough to get one. We almost always go in September and we always get the dining plan, regardless of when we go.

MargaretMessler
    Are you planning on staying at a moderate or a value? If your getting the counter service dining plan for staying at a value, it certainly takes a lot less planning, but with the table service for staying at a moderate you will need to plan your days out and then make ressie's. We have done both, and both plans have their benefits.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of good counter service meals that will certainly fill you up. We do alot of 2 meals a day or meal sharing. Some of those single counter sevice meals will feed 2 people easily. The thing I like about the CS DDP is the freedom to go and eat on the fly without being tied down with ressie's. Good luck!
    Dean

May 2008 All Star Movies
    Sept 2012 POP Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: