Quantcast What is your best "tip" for each parK? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

For ALL parks (and all vacations, for that matter)....

RELAX!!! TAKE IT EASY!!

After all, you ARE on vacation. How are you going to experience the Magic if you are rushing around at 90 MPH to get to every ride/attraction/meet & greet???

But, that's just me....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

MK:At Main Street Station, head up to the locomotive and talk to the engineers. They're more than happy to pose for pictures. There may be other steam locomotives in this fast-paced, 21st-century world we live in full of technology, *but* the Disney parks have the only DAILY operating steam locomotives in the world. Most other places, the trains only operate "seasonally".

Try and find the princess crown at the Cinderella fountain behind the Castle (near Tinker Bell's Treasures - or at least, that was the name of it, last I knew - to the left of Mickey's PhilHarMagic).

At park opening, MOST folks head for Tomorrowland/Fantasyland. Head the other way - to Adventureland/Frontierland.

Most attraction queues have a left and right side. Head to the left - most folks are right-handed...

FastPass tip (at any park, really): If standby is a 20-minute-or-less wait, don't worry about a FP.

Peter Pan's Flight: for some reason, this attraction is much like Toy Story Mania: FP's go quick and go early.

Tomorrowland Speedway: there are four tracks (starting with the one closest to the queue): track 4, 3, 2, and 1 (1 is the closest to the "Victory Lane"). Tracks 1 and 3 are "left-hand drive"; tracks 2 and 4 are "right-hand drive". Let whoever is driving get into the car first. And don't hesitate to ask one of the CM's to take a pic of you and your family in the cars

Splash/Thunder Mountains are a great place to watch the fireworks as you ride

After the fireworks, if the park is closing, DON'T rush out to the Monorail/Ferry boat/launches. Take time to enjoy the Kiss Goodnight.

If you absolutely HAVE to get out of the park, and your vehicle is parked at the TTC, enjoy this little tip: Take the resort Monorail from MK to TTC. It's only the second stop, and chances are (especially if it's busy), you'll get there before the so-called "Express" Monorail (if there's more than a two-Monorail wait on the Express side).

EPCOT: TAKE YOUR TIME to enjoy EPCOT, especially World Showcase. LOTS of entertainment to see; I still don't think I've ever actually STOPPED to watch Off Kilter or Mo' Rockin'

Use the Friendships whenever available to traverse the lagoon.

Stick around the lagoon after Illuminations (some times it takes a while, but you won't get "kicked out" of the park) for the Inferno barge blowoff

Animal Kingdom:Someone mentioned that this is a "hot" park. It *is* true that because of all of the trees and foliage, this park *really* holds humidity. Dress "cool". (No, not *that* kind of "cool"....LOLOLOL).

Someone also mentioned "wear a bathing suit" for Kali. While you *do* get just a *lil' bit* SOAKED, please be aware that bathing suits (or any parts thereof - such as bikini tops) are not permitted to be worn on *any* attraction. It's a hygiene issue, just like wearing only underwear. The only places that bathing suits are permitted are the two water parks (and yes, I'm aware that there *are* those guests that aren't aware of this "rule", especially in the water play areas in the theme parks).

Nearly everyone will head for either Safaris or Everest first thing in the morning. If you head to either one first, get a FP and come back later (and be aware of your return time!). Try out some of the other attractions first.

Want a good laugh with a great message? Flights of Wonder is *HI-larious*. And the show's pretty good, too.

Hollywood Studios:Lights! Motors! Action! runs at least twice a day. Make sure you check this one out, especially for those of you that like FAST cars and bikes, and LOUD action! (I actually still know a few people that drive the stunt cars - they actually drive REAL race cars on weekends at a local Orlando area track!)

Take some time to learn about Walt Disney, the *person*, at "One Man's Dream". There's even a replica of Walt's studio office. Don't just BLOW through this thing - take time to watch the film at the end of the tour.

Also take some time to learn to draw a Disney character At the end of the Animation Tour, there's a "Learn to Draw" class.

GENERAL:*Always* allow AT LEAST an hour's travel time between parks/resorts.

Like most others have said, take a break in the middle of the day. Recharge for the evening ahead

Four ways to get those Disney souvenirs back to you: 1) Take it with you after purchase, lug it around the park all day long 2) Have it sent to the front of the park, pick it up on the way out at the end of the day, lug it with you back to the resort... 3) Have it sent directly to your room, then, no need to lug it at all (a FREE service for Disney resort guests; but, keep in mind, if you have two or less days left, you might not get it to the room in time)... or 4) ship it back home for a nominal fee via USPS, UPS, or FedEx. As always, feel free to ask a CM about your options.

Hope this helps
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, Main Street Jim!
    I love the info about the steam locomotives. I'm afraid I'm guilty of taking their uniqueness for granted.
    This fact was a nice reminder of why the Disney parks are so special to those of us that "get it".
    Tina

Family Vacation July 2014 - Water Parks, here we come!

Post Thanks / Like

MK: Get the Dole Whip Float - honestly, there is nothing better

EPCOT: Best park on property - so much to do/explore - don't call it "boring" around me!! We especially love Morocco... so beautiful! Also - take the "Behind the Seeds" tour at the Land Pavillion - the tour is inexpensive and SO great. My kids love it.

DHS: Walk around the outside of the Muppet Vision 3-D queue and look closely in the pre-show area... all the boxes/crates have funny things on them!

DAK: As for Kali - my 9 yo LOVES it - we bring a change of clothes. DH & DS wear a bathing suit and a swimshirt (which functions as normal attire) and I wear my bathing suit (full piece - I'm too big for a bikini!) under a pair of gym shorts and a tank top (better than what most people wear!!) and flip flops. There are bathrooms just outside of the attraction so we ride multiple times and when we are done, a quick change into our regular clothes and we're ready to go! Summer clothes are not heavy, so carrying them in the bookbag doesn't bother us, and our flops dry quickly so no heavy shoes to lug around.

Also - get to a performance of Finding Nemo - The Musical early enough to get seats in the middle of the theatre. You can see it all and that show is nothing short of spectacular!
    1st WDW trip - 1973 at 5 weeks old!

Disney addict since 1973!

Post Thanks / Like

For all parks: Eat off hours! Get CS lunch around 11am and it is easy, fresh and not crowded! Then snack mid-afternoon and get a later dinner (if you don't have little ones, of course).

MK: At the end of the night, walk towards the exit through all of the gift shops (starting at Casey's) on Main Street as they all connect - it is quicker than walking down main street in the middle of the hoard of people!

Epcot: The best restrooms (emptiest/quietest) are the ones on the walkway over the pond/lake where the old Odyssey restaurant used to be! never a line, never gross.

AK: Great place to eat at FlameTree BBQ: follow their little path all the way to the bottom and there is a very nice blue pavillion down there on the edge of the water complete with condiments and napkins and begging ducks. Not many people go all the way down to the bottom. It's usually very peaceful. Sometimes a boat full of Disney characters comes cruising by...

DHS: I got nothin' - I'm not a fan of this park.
    I guess that Backlot has the best CS...
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah - and the Behind the Seeds tour at EPCOT!!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

MK: For a snack credit, you can get one of the best cinnamon rolls you've ever had to start the day.

Epcot: Never miss the World Showcase Players. They are so funny. The show is the same each time, but the audience participation makes it screamin'.

DHS: Stop to talk with the "streetmosphere" actors. They're a hoot. And it reminds you that WDW is more than just rides. It's an experience.

AK: Enjoy the ambience of the jungle. It's always nice to remember what "the wild" looks like.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom - Head to Tomorrow Land at park opening. You'll be able to ride Buzz Lighytear numerous times in a row with little or no wait. Also, head over to Carousel of Progress. At this time of the day, we've had an entire theater all to ourselves.
    If you want to have the park almost all to yourself for a little while, make an 8:05 a.m. breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace. You'll be able to walk up and empty Main Street USA and get some great photos of the park before the crowds come rolling in.

Epcot - Take a break and explore all the great flavors of Coca Cola from around the world at Club Cool. You can sample as much as you like.

Disney's Hollywood Studios - Don't miss the Animation Academy. A Disney imagineer walks you step by step through the drawing of a character that you get to take it home as a souvenir. It was very cool. We drew Dopey, one of the Seven Dwarfs.

Animal Kingdom - The Donald Duck character breakfast is one of the best that Disney offers.
    I also agree that Kali River Rapids should be done later in the day when temps reach their peak or on the way out of the park, because you're going to get soaked. We all had to put our sneakers in the dryer one time.

Post Thanks / Like

Best tips...I love post like these!
    My tips,
    MK- if you're like me and want to know "how things work there, take the "Keys" tour.
    Epcot - late afternoon/evening World Showcase "stroll" and eat and drink your way "around the World". Definitely stop and make time to take in the musical talents of each country if possible,
    DHS - double whammy on TOT and RRC. I'm not a huge TOT fan but DH and DD are. They go to it 1st thing in AM, while I go to MY fave ride (RRC), with their cards, I get a FP for all of us, and hit he single rider line. Then I meet up with them after they've ridden TOT twice, and we go for the RRC again...double whammy!
    AK - safarhi as early as possible for more animal sightings. FP Everest and do Bugs Life or vice-versa. Don't ride Khali River Rapids and then see Lion King show...theater will seem overly cold!
    All parks: Try to be 1st at the gate to be chosen "Family of the Day". The perks are well worth it! And, for us, park hopping is not just an option, it's a way of WDW life. Give us an opportunity to do EVERYTHING we want, EVERYWHERE we want and not have to rush,rush,rush!
    Thank you all for your tips. Even a WDW vet can never learn enough!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I just have one general, all park tip. Unless you have an unlimited budget to stay for months, you can't see everything in one trip. I'm planning #29 and there are still thing I have never done.

When we went as kids, we each picked one attraction per park that we would be crushed if we didn't see. We made sure to get to those, and everything else was just gravy.

We have all seen that stressed family with 2.5 screaming kids, who are running to the next attraction because it is what is on the plan. How is that fun? The best Disney moments I have ever had are ones I could never have planned.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

My best tip is for all parks: When any member of your family is tired... STOP. Take a break. Find a bench in the shade, ride a cool ride, or go back to the room and relax. The rides will still be there when you are rested! Most meltdowns (children and adults) happen because we keep pushing to see and do more. An ice cream break and shady bench have saved the day for us on more than one occasion!

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread!! I agree to stop and smell the roses (literally and figuratively). There is no other place that pays so much attention to detail like WDW. I take pics of our family, but also of the architecture, the hidden mickeys, and the things that "just say Disney" to me. Example: a fun picture I took was of all the shoes while riding the bus back to the resort. I put my camera down low (no faces of other guests) and have a reminder of all the people that come here every year for the magic.

Happy Travels, everyone!!
    1998 Caribbean Beach
    2002, 2003 Off Property
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 PO Riverside
    2009 :(
    2010, 2012, 2016 Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. It always feels good to hear some good advice from the experts!

Post Thanks / Like

[DHS: I got nothin' - I'm not a fan of this park.
    I guess that Backlot has the best CS...[/QUOTE]

And I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Looking for Hidden Mickeys is something my family does each trip. My DH isn't a big fan of WDW, but even he keeps an eye out for them!

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Yall might think I'm crazy because of this but at one point on our trip last Oct when we were getting monsouned upon, Moma just told me "Stop taking pictures" I always am the one behind a camera the whole trip and alot of my trip once we come back I see more when I look at the pictures than I did when we were there. She wouldn't let me take pictures of the second time we watched the Halloween party parade and I saw it for the first time, really. It was amazing, it was hard for me to deal with it because we didn't have the same kind of pictures I'm used to (well over 1000 each trip) but it was great because I could take in more. I'd suggest that because I'm certainly going to do it again, not leaving my camera at home but not feeling the need to take pictures of everything I saw totally new things!!!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Well they aren't the BEST tips but ones that we like:

MK- Use the barber shop! Girls can get their hair down up without doing the entire princess boutique. You can get your kid's first haircut. I Think everyone should try it at least once. It's a cool experience.

Epcot- The British Invasion in the UK! Get some fish and chips for lunch and listen to the music in the garden while you eat.

AK- Dress in breathable clothing. The combo of the excess sun and the mist they pump in for the wildlife can leave you feeling sticky.

HS- Don't forget, they have an awesome parade as well!
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: