Quantcast My Crazy Obsession

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Crazy Obsession

Did any one see the show the other night about the womens obsession with Mickey Mouse???? I loved it!!! I wish i could collect like that If you didnt see it check on TLC you will love it too

I just checked TLC and they dont have the video clips up yet, but keep checking back. Its a really cute story...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    Did any one see the show the other night about the womens obsession with Mickey Mouse???? I loved it!!! I wish i could collect like that If you didnt see it check on TLC you will love it too

I just checked TLC and they dont have the video clips up yet, but keep checking back. Its a really cute story...
    I don't usually watch that series, but tuned in last night to see it. I thought it was cute too, but way too over the top for me, and most people I'm sure. LOL. I did find it strange when she was crying because the store wouldn't give her the display items, that was a bit much!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The Mickey lady was strange, but the Cabbage Patch Kid "parents" were even stranger. It was quite the interesting show!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

didnt see the show but I did see an article on Yahoo about a couple who built a house to store thier over 5000 Cabbage Patch Kids if thats the same people you are talking about Dopeys Girl. Article said thier collection was worth over a million dollars. Totally out there.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I did find it strange when she was crying because the store wouldn't give her the display items, that was a bit much!
    Yeah your right that was a bit much, I have to tell you I really loved the sad mickey for some reason that one was my favorite.. it was just different. I just wanted my kids and DH to see Im not that bad in all the things i have Mickey ...lol

As I sit here at my desk surrounded by Mickey frames and trinkets...lol.. Its a nice ice breaker with people. I love when big macho fire & police guys come in the office. And they start talking about Disney World...too funny they become like little kids again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    The Mickey lady was strange, but the Cabbage Patch Kid "parents" were even stranger. It was quite the interesting show!
    That one was a bit scary When they acted like the doll could talk and have feelings... Their collection was amazing, dont get me wrong, but WOW thats a lot of "kints" or "babies" as they call them.. lol and to actually have play dates and act like they are playing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&AngieMarriner View Post
    didnt see the show but I did see an article on Yahoo about a couple who built a house to store thier over 5000 Cabbage Patch Kids if thats the same people you are talking about Dopeys Girl. Article said thier collection was worth over a million dollars. Totally out there.
    They are the ones...I have to admit, it was disturbing.
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

That one was a bit scary When they acted like the doll could talk and have feelings... Their collection was amazing, dont get me wrong, but WOW thats a lot of "kints" or "babies" as they call them.. lol and to actually have play dates and act like they are playing...
    It was strange seeing the other "kids" come to play. The one lady was taking pictures.
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, [I]now[I] it makes sense. My neice sent me a message on Facebook last night saying turn on TLC, that's you in 20 years. I had no idea she what she was talking about. I assumed it was a show about a crazy cat lady. It had to be this she was talking about! Ha ha!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I love this show because my parents could be on it. They are antiques & collectables dealers, but the only reason they have their business is to support their collecting habit. I am not kidding when I say every inch of available space on the walls is filled with cast iron cookware. They have at least four or five china closets filled with Fostoria depression glass. The kitchen is home to more cookware and any type of spice jar/shaker from the 30's to the 60's imaginable. Now that my sister and I have moved out of the house our former bedrooms have turned into more display areas for their stuff. I think my parents could have furnished entire sections of Pop Century if they ever built the "golden years" section.

Luckily, they haven't named or given personalities to their items. However, they belong to all kinds of collector's clubs and go to conventions around the Northeast and met many of their best friends through collecting!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the cabbage patch people clip on my favorite show (the soup). Yes they were soooo creepy. Stating that the dolls were quiet because the were having fun on the swing????!!!

Wish I would have seen the Mickey lady
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Saw the cabbage patch people clip on my favorite show (the soup). Yes they were soooo creepy. Stating that the dolls were quiet because the were having fun on the swing????!!!

I love The Soup! I'm going to have to find the rebroadcast so I can see what Joel had to say about them! I can only imagine.
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    It was strange seeing the other "kids" come to play. The one lady was taking pictures.
    LOL.. I could of swore she said "kints" oh well I guess they are like "kids" to them ..

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that clip too...there was something eerie about all of them...
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted my kids and DH to see Im not that bad in all the things i have Mickey ...lol
    Hahaha, its so funny you say that. The day after the show DH and I had lunch together and somehow the show came up. I had on my pearl ring from the "pick a pearl" thing in Japan, I was toting my 40th anniversary Dooney purse, inside said purse was a Minnie key chain, a Cinderella castle phone cover, a tin of WDW mints, and a WDW address book! Then we walked out and first thing we both notice is the Disney front plate on my Expeidition. DH was like "you better not turn into that crazy lady".
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, there was something seriously wrong with those people. I hate to judge and all that, but that was so very strange and disturbing to me.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I love this show because my parents could be on it. They are antiques & collectables dealers, but the only reason they have their business is to support their collecting habit. I am not kidding when I say every inch of available space on the walls is filled with cast iron cookware. They have at least four or five china closets filled with Fostoria depression glass. The kitchen is home to more cookware and any type of spice jar/shaker from the 30's to the 60's imaginable. Now that my sister and I have moved out of the house our former bedrooms have turned into more display areas for their stuff. I think my parents could have furnished entire sections of Pop Century if they ever built the "golden years" section.

Luckily, they haven't named or given personalities to their items. However, they belong to all kinds of collector's clubs and go to conventions around the Northeast and met many of their best friends through collecting!
    Sounds like an episode of American Pickers waiting to happen!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: