Quantcast Biergarten reviews please....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Biergarten reviews please....

We are trying Biergarten for the first time...any reviews would be much appreciated! Taking ds5 & dd18...any thoughts?
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I (younger couple with no kids) went there last Tuesday. It was our first time there.

First the goods:
    The musicians were good. The service was acceptable. The darker beer was good.

And the bads:
    The amount of kids running around crazy and unattended was bleh. Having to share a table with strangers was not high on my list of things I want to do - especially when it's a couple with many young children. Don't get me wrong they were nice enough, but the place is just not at all a relaxing dinner experience. More like a bunker in a combat zone. Don't move or you'll get slaughtered!

The food ranged from meh to average. Schnitzel was not as good as hoped. Sausages were fine but nothing to get excited about. Just not at all in the same class as most of the other places we have been (Say, Coral Reef, Ohana, Teppan Edo, Cali Grill, Brown Derby, Narcooses, Flying Fish, etc).

I can't see us going back to Biergarten again.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of those Disney places everyone should try once. For us, once was enough but we were glad we gave it a shot.

The atmosphere is neat, like a Bavarian village at night. Tables are shared, though, so this is great if you're social and enjoy meeting new people and awkward if you're not. Little ones love dancing to the Oompah band, making it a great place for kids who need to get up and move. Supervising little ones is recommended, of course.

The food is good, if it's your kind of food. We're not big sausage and potato salad fans, so it wasn't really great for us. It is a buffet, and the food quality suffers a little for it. But there are some fun things to try and some good things, especially the desserts, strudel and dark forest cake. And of course, a decent selection of beer. Service was good for us.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

It is a restaurant that I am glad that we tried once for the experience. The musicians were great and the beer was good. We did not enjoy the food, sitting with strangers at the table nor all the children running around in chaos. Maybe we were just unlucky on the night that we visited...
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tadshome View Post
    It is a restaurant that I am glad that we tried once for the experience. The musicians were great and the beer was good. We did not enjoy the food, sitting with strangers at the table nor all the children running around in chaos. Maybe we were just unlucky on the night that we visited...
    That's pretty much exactly how we felt, so I doubt it's just a case of you getting unlucky.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Biergarten is, IMO, the best restaurant on property when you take all things into consideration; value, food, entertainment, service, etc. I don't have kids, have eaten there many times, and never thought the "kids running around" detracted from the expierience.

Prost!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of our must places... I loveee me a big tall stein. Music is fun and it has a nice atmosphere. We shared a table the first time, and we loved it. The second time we had our own table (we had party of 8) but it was also more dead, going before dinner normal times. I love the food, and the desserts are always amazing. I believe you won't regret at least trying it.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoy eating there. I always found the food familiar and similar to what my imported German relatives made for the holidays. The band makes for a fun atmosphere. I am not a drinker so I cannot comment on the beers.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I like it. The atmosphere is fun and much like what we experience at our local Oktoberfest. It is not a quiet relaxing dinner, but I don't think it's meant to be. It's really pretty inside and the live band is a nice touch. I think a buffet is a nice way to experience new things because you can sample a few more adventurous dishes and also have your comfort food. There is enough variety that you can certainly find something to eat even if you don't typically like traditional German fare. I encourage everyone to give it a try!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We liked it both times we were there. The atmosphere is really fun, not a stuffy, quiet sit down and keep to yourself type of place. If you're into beer, music and friendly crowds with lots of good food this is the place for you.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Agree with Scar above. Its a can't miss for us. Food is good and atmosphere is great. Its not for a romantic candlelit dinner for two, but I've always enjoyed it. I will admit I'm very social by nature but even my quiet wife loves it there. My college age boys love it for the massive amounts of food they can consume.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

BelleBeauty Guest

My DH and I went there for the first time in November. It was one of our favorite places! We went a bit too early (right as lunch seatings started) and the band was not on. It was very calm and quiet though, so if you are worried about too much noise, schedule early. LOVED all of the food and the beer selection. Sitting with other people isn't always the best, but we sat with a very nice family and chatted a bit. Our server was great!

Post Thanks / Like

We went there for the first time in December and loved it! The atmosphere was so much fun and reminded us of Oktoberfest. We thought the food was excellent...so many choices and very delicious. The band was alot of fun and the beer was cold and tasted great! All in all, we definitely want to return!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool setting and I think the food is good as well. Just have a little more slef control than I do and don't stuff yourself too much if you want to enjoy the rest of the day at EPCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

We always have either lunch or dinner at least once during each visit. Wonderful atmosphere and good authentic German cuisine. I've spent a lot of time in Bavaria / Deutschland working and it may be hookie but it brings back those visits, not to mention the beer is cold and plentiful
    I would put it down as a must!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I love Biergarten. We tried it on a whim one time, and it's now a must do for us!

Food is very good. We are not sausage eaters, and luckily, there really isn't much of that at all. There are plenty of great things to choose from like chicken schnitzle, salmon, spaetzle, salads.... plenty!

We like sitting at a table with people we've never met before. What better way to meet people! We've always had nice groups of people, so no complaints there.

We never really had kids running around us annoying us. They usually stuck to the dance floor to let off steam.

We've always had great servers, too! You will have a great time!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

My DW posted our take on the Biergarten last summer here.

Being of German decent I was always wary of trying it out. But once we did I was really impressed by the taste of my comfort foods that brought back pleasant memories. Now we never pass up a chance to go there and enjoy all it has to offer. Oh and the beer is simply the best. You can get a flight (3 glasses) of wine as well as beer. PROST!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I would rate the food as good but not the best on property. Ambience is great. I think your youngest will really like it. Like others have said you do have to sit with others.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Let us add our hat into the ring of fans. We like this spot. Yes its a Buffet and we agree the food can suffer from it. However, Disney, to us, has always been about jumping into a story or theme. The themeing in there is great from the dark woods to the band and all the little things you often over look but would notice if they were NOT there. Community seating is common in Germany and especially Bavaria. So it isnt Disney being lazy, its being reasonably authentic. Being in the Army, I lived in the Bavarian part of Germany for three years. It was very much like being at a local festival.

If you want quiet, deffinately go somewhere else. It just isnt going to happen here. However if you can mentally transport yourself while here you will be fine.

As to the kids, you know them best. If your 5 year old is a super picky eater you might have some issues but i have heard of guests asking for Mac and Cheese or chicken fingers for their kids and the wai staff has provided. Your mileage might vary if you have bad wait staff. The music is fun for the kids though.

I also agree with the beer comments. If beer is your thing, its the best in the park IMO. However be warned, its is authentic German beer. Which means its stronger than american beer. If you can "feel" the effect from 3 beers it might only take one here.

All in all, it a a great place in our opinion.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I eat here almost every trip to the world. The food is just average, IMO, but I LOVE the atmosphere. It could be because I grew up with german music and polka bands But whatever the reason, its so much fun to kick back after dinner with a couple pints of beer and enjoy the entertainment. 185 days and I'll be clinking my glass again!
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: