Quantcast Plans so far - Critique Please!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post Plans so far - Critique Please!!

Friday 3/30 - We are driving down from NW PA. .. stay overnight somewhere around Georgia

Saturday 3/31 - Arrive- Check in at Jambo House at AKV - never stayed there, kind of excited. (Get son together with friends that we are meeting down at WDW) Plans for the day are fluid. EIther Epcot, explore AKL, or DTD.

Sunday 4/1 - MK Yes ... busy, packed day! Eat BK in room before leaving. MK - Early Morning hours 7 am - til 2 AM. Dream come true at noon, MSEP at 9, WIshes at 10. No reservations for food. Either stay there the whole time, or go back and forth from resort.

Monday 4/2 - Eat BK in room. Sleep in a bit after long hours at MK yesterday. AK hours 9 til 8 P. Parade 345 - We have ADR at Ohana at 905 pm. Since we are driving down, not sure if we should drive from resort to Poly? We haven't driven around before. I guess with GPS it won't be too hard?!?

Tuesday 4/3 - 730 am BK at Boma. (We've never eaten there). EPcot til MN. Illuminations at 930. No dinner reservations.

Wednesday 4/4 - We move from AKV to SAratoga Springs. It's a Magic Kingdom day. We'll probably pack up the car, check out, and either go to SAratoga Springs and check in, or just drive to MK. WE have 5 pm Hoop De Doo Show. No plans after - may be check in then and then DTD?

Thursday 4/5 - Epcot.

Friday 4/6 - HS. 10 pm Fantasmic! (No plans for food there - is the dinner package a good deal? It will be busy with EAster Break ... and harder to get a seat at Fantasmic! without mega hours in line?)

Saturday 4/7 - MK Last day at WDW. Cali Grill at 905 for Desert and Wishes on the balcony at 10.

Sunday 4/8 - Start the drive home. Easter Sunday. Not sure if we should hit DTD first for a while and then drive. The kids don't start school til Tuesday 4/10 - so we have time.

Ideas? Critiques?
    I know it will be busy. With staying so far away from the main parks, it may be a little harder to go back and forth to the resort. But we're buying park hoppers, so if we want to leave one park and go to another, we can. And by not having that many dining reservations we won't be tied to many parks.

Thanks for your ideas!
    ~~Barb~~
    AKL Jambo House - 3/31/12 - 4/8/12
    BWV - 10/07
    BCV - 11/30 - 12/10/04
    BCV - 12/03 (Christmas at WDW)
    Contemp - 10/98
    Contemp - 12/97

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Fantasmic deal

As far as the fantasmic package, I would definitly take the meal package. Otherwise, your hope to get a seat for the show will be hopeLESS! As far as the choices...I went with the Hollywood and Vine...it was okay? Not spectacular, would be more inclined to try Mama Melrose next time. Hollywood Brown derby is another choice, but a bit more high-end. Also, do not sit to close to the front...seating anywhere is quite visable...the front on a windy day will get you quite WET! LOL. (not ideal for picture taking)

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation One more thing...

And if you are doing that, make the reservation NOW...they go fast!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They sound like pretty good plans. I would definitely book a Fantasmic Package. (Mama Melrose's) Ohana's is terrific. Would love to try California Grill, as you can see I love your dining plans. Have fun.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Personally having a car on site I would drive to the poly (or any of the MK resorts)

We made the trip from Poly to AKL and it was literally 13mins from lot to lot.

For a comparison it took us 45mins to get from AKL to AK using the bus system..... during 2nd week in december no less...
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Count on you Ohana ADRs to run at least 30 minutes late. We always try to get the first seating because of how notoriously late the ADRs run.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    Count on you Ohana ADRs to run at least 30 minutes late. We always try to get the first seating because of how notoriously late the ADRs run.
    We do, too, and STILL plan on getting there and in line by 4:30, 4:45 at the latest LOL
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: