Quantcast online DVC bookings coming soon

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default online DVC bookings coming soon

Special Announcement: Soon you'll have the opportunity to book Disney Vacation Club Resorts online!

We have some exciting news. Soon you'll have the opportunity to make your Resort reservations online!

In order to ensure a quality experience, online booking will begin to be introduced next month, starting on January 19. We'll gradually increase the percentage of Members able to make online reservations each day. So in the not too distant future, when you reserve a Disney Vacation Club Resort, we hope you'll try online booking and enjoy the convenience of this new feature.

So next time you reserve a Disney Vacation Club Resort, we hope you'll try online booking and enjoy the convenience of this new feature.
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is great news!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

This is the part i don't quite understand "We'll gradually increase the percentage of Members able to make online reservations each day." Does that mean only certain members will have the option to use it or are they limiting the number of rooms available during the roll our?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post

This is the part i don't quite understand "We'll gradually increase the percentage of Members able to make online reservations each day." Does that mean only certain members will have the option to use it or are they limiting the number of rooms available during the roll our?
    I took that to mean that they will start out with perhaps 10% of members able to use the system, add another 10% a day or so later, until eventually all are able to use it. Somewhat like the way Facebook rolls out changes to their system. But I could be wrong...
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Maybe I'm in a crabby mood this morning or something, but big whoop. They're rolling out functionality Motel 6 has had for a decade and making a big deal out of it. And doing such a shabby job of it they have to roll it out in phases, I might add.

Gee ... thanks ...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree with Ian that this is not "new" industry technology, and why should we be excited for something that every other resort/hotel/motel/mom and pop shop/bed and breakfast on earth can do?

I am still excited that I don't have to call anymore.

As for the phased roll out. I assume they would rather take a cautious approach to this thing that the big bang theory... and then something go wrong with a system they should have had in place long ago. Better to ask forgiveness from 10% if something goes wrong than bring down something so long overdue and have to ask forgiveness from 100% of it's users.

In any event, this will be 2 months before my 7 month window comes and I can't wait to be able to get instant gratification when I get into BLT or BWV. Hopefully by March, they'll have enough of the major kinks out.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I'm as crabby as Ian I guess - Big Deal!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Maybe I'm in a crabby mood this morning or something, but big whoop.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I'm as crabby as Ian I guess - Big Deal!
    Sheesh, guys... haven't you heard that "'Tis the Season To Be Jolly" ?

PS - I agree; they should have had this capability YEARS ago.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

I am still afraid to do alot of things online, like making reservations.
    I much prefer speaking to a real live person.
    And I always get their name in case of problems.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear they will finally have online reservations available, but like others have said, this should have happened years ago. And, judging by the past performances of Disney's IT department and so many problems every time they do an "upgrade" to their system, I don't expect this to be fully functional for at least a year after they roll it out, if then. The last system change Disney made to its computers (that I know of, anyway) was to add the credit card hold for the additional restaurants for people making ADRs. Well, for whatever reason only known to Disney, that resulted in DVC members not being able to make online ADRs for 180+10 because the dining system could not access DVC reservation numbers. I know this because I made ADRs for our May trip in November right at our 180-day mark. God only knows what this new "upgrade" will affect once it's in place! After years of dealing with all of Disney's "glitches," I still just can't understand how such a huge and profitable company can have such a dysfunctional IT department.

Maybe I'm a little crabby this morning, too!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Default online DVC bookings coming soon

cool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Maybe I'm in a crabby mood this morning or something, but big whoop. They're rolling out functionality Motel 6 has had for a decade and making a big deal out of it. And doing such a shabby job of it they have to roll it out in phases, I might add.

Gee ... thanks ...
    I am in the "it's about time" group as well.

I always wondered why you couldn't make real time reservations online. It will be nice to check availablity round the clock. I feel like such a nudge asking member services to check a bunch of dates to see what we might want to do based on the resort availability but we had no choice.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post
    I always wondered why you couldn't make real time reservations online. It will be nice to check availablity round the clock. I feel like such a nudge asking member services to check a bunch of dates to see what we might want to do based on the resort availability but we had no choice.
    I agree. Over the summer we wanted to go to HHI and I called so many times.They were probably sick of me. Sometimes they had 2 nights, sometimes none. I appreciate MS's help at times, but other times I just want to check and be done. It's hard too, when you want to check "after hours" and can't. They open right when I am going to work so timing is bad for me.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: