Quantcast Is nyone second guessing due to rude people? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Define rude.

Soccer parents with triple wide strollers running over feet and generally using the stroller as a battering ram?

ECV's plowing through crowds and hitting people?

The parents that don't contain their children?

The people who try to cut in line to get to their party?

The people on their cell phones talking louder than a 747?

The flashes from cameras where flash pics are not supposed to be taken?

I will grant this, for each one of those I listed above, there hundreds more that do none of these things.

It is part of our society now to be inconsiderate and accept the behaviour as normal and ok.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

well, I teach High School for a living, so I guess I've developed a high tolerance for rude ;-) Seriously, though - the only time I've experienced a rude CM was a very nasty bus driver last time. I was in the wrong, but I'd made an honest mistake, and he was quite bullying. Other than that, everyone has been great.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think I'm the exception to this, but all the stuff that seems to get others on the boards in a twist (people joining others in line ahead, flash pictures on rides, etc.) just don't bother me at all.

I've been to Disney so many times that it seems borderline absurd to worry about one or two people getting on a ride before me and the flash pictures thing I always just chalk up to folks being excited about the ride. It seriously doesn't bother me one bit.

Maybe I'm just laid back after all these years and all these trips, but there are sooooooo many bigger worries in life I would never waste a second worrying about keeping a first-time family from getting a good viewing spot for a parade so I could see it for the umpteenth hundred time.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Maybe I'm just laid back after all these years and all these trips,
    That makes a difference for sure! My first trip to Disney World was supposed to be our ONLY trip, and what a lot of pressure that put on everyone for it to be "perfect".

Post Thanks / Like

We ran into a CM that wasn't just rude, he was belligerent (he yelled at a bunch of people that were crowding in the exit area of RnR because it was raining so hard) but that, and a few other rude guest/CM moments were more than made up for by the good. Can't say it will deter me from my vacation.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER let other people bring down your vaca. Especially Disney. That goes for waiters, cab drivers, hotel staff, especially other vacationers and even Castmembers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Wow, not a chance. I find there are way more nice people than rude people
    Me too! For every disgruntled person I see there's always at least a few smiling CM and a couple guests that will hold the door open for you while you're pushing your stroller through. I have had people hold my stroller in place for me twice while trying to wrangle it and a sleeping baby in my arms (a nice old man on a scooter held my stroller still while I laid my son in it after we got off of people mover). Or someone that walks up to you and asks you if you want their FP b/c they can't use them... or someone that gives up their seat on the bus to an older person or someone with a child.

Getting a little carried away but.... I have been guilty myself of being overwhelmed this past trip and getting upset but it was our first big family trip (dh and I always went alone) and it was really hard to adjust to. My brother in law is the slowest moving creature in the world and they have kids which I am not used to being around all of the time. When dh and I went out with our soon alone one day it was the best and most relaxing day ever regardless of the crowds and chaos that is Disney.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

never in a million years! If I tried to go through life avoiding things I like due to rude people encounters, I don't think i would EVER leave my house... even then my cat can be rude when he bites me bc he his hungry....
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

If I had more than a few bad experiences in the same restaurant or resort, I would avoid them. I can't imagine NOT going to WDW anymore because the whole place had gone downhill. I was just there a month ago and thought to myself or amazing and wonderful the cast members were at the AKL and all the parks. I've been visiting yearly for a long time and still think the it's an amazing place.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Out of several visits to WDW I can only remember one rude guest. Let a cast member know what was going on, then didn't give it another thought. It most definitely didn't ruin anything for us.

We've had great experiences with other guests. People helping us out, chatting with us, etc. And we help others out when we can. Overall we often find this great inclusive atmosphere at Disney, people looking out for each other. It's one of the reasons we love to go there!

Post Thanks / Like

Why worry what other people are doing? Seems we are always able to point out what others are doing wrong. You are at Disney and should be enjoying yourself. Relax and smile.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Rude are you people with car size strollers that stop in the middle of a walk way with people behind you to get something out cuz ur brat kid is screaming!
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kelly View Post
    Define rude.
    I don't think we need to define rude. I think we all know it and have dealt with it in the parks. Plus, everyone has their own pet peeves, which isn't necessarily rudeness from others as much as it speaks to who we are.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I've always told my DD since she was a little girl (she's 18 now), that..."you can't control how people act...you can only control how you react". And when I'm @ WDW, I am CERTAINLY not going to let the rude actions/comments of others come between me and the Magic! Whether it's attention seeking, having a bad day, or just plain born-that-way, you almost have to pity the rude for waisting their time money to come to a place where they'll never "find the magic"
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Default And this goes for you, Mike, in security!

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Oh, you guys means guests, not employees?

The guests, as mentioned, really haven't changed all that much over the years from what I recall.

Silly me, I read the words "disneyworld", "rude", "ignorant", and "people" and assumed Oahu meant the staff.
    Zing! - But true!

We just got back yesterday. Honestly, the helpful to rude/unknowledgeable castmembers has to be up to 72-25. Yep, 1 in four people working there that I had an interaction with either could not care less what I needed help with or had no idea how to help me.

This mindset that employees have there is really crippling the whole operations. I saw it time and time again - employees who were either two afraid or unable to figure out how to operate outside of the strict set of tasks that they were given.

Mightly big blinders management makes the castmembers wear there . . .
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

Post Thanks / Like

There are people from many different cultures visiting WDW.
    I have a bit of a problem with people who don't understand personal space and stand 2-3 inches (7 centimeters) close to me and my family (I'm an over protective Dad). I just sort of look and think "um, personal space must be different in their culture"
    Also part of why we go to WDW when we do, less people. We learned this year that January 2,3,4,5 are still VERY crowded
    WDW
    7 trips off site
    96- Swan
    98- CB
    00- CB
    01- PO (FQ)
    02- PO (FQ)
    03- Feb 2nd - 7th ASM
    04- Oct 26 - Nov 2 PO RS
    05- Jan 11-13 (engaged)- ASM
    05- Oct 3-8 CBR
    07- Jan 7-12 ASM

11 - 1/2 ~ 8 POR
    12- 1/8- 13 ASMu
    13- 1/27-2/2 ASSp
    14- 1/26- 2/1 ASMo

16 ~ 1/10 - 1/ 15 POFQ
    17 ~ 1/8 - 1/ 13 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing that really bothers me.
    Able bodied Men or teenage boys who won't get up and give their seat on a WDW bus, Monorail or other group transport to a Mother with small children.
    Last trip a Mother was struggling with one small sleeping child in her arms and another in tow. Not one able bodied person got up to offer her a seat on a crowded bus until she struggled to the back section of the bus where I was seated and I got up and gave her my seat. The look of relief and gratitude in her eyes made a huge statement.
    It also made for a funny story as our 9 year old son got stuck with an amorous young couple who were not shy about PDA's about 6 inches from his head.
    WDW
    7 trips off site
    96- Swan
    98- CB
    00- CB
    01- PO (FQ)
    02- PO (FQ)
    03- Feb 2nd - 7th ASM
    04- Oct 26 - Nov 2 PO RS
    05- Jan 11-13 (engaged)- ASM
    05- Oct 3-8 CBR
    07- Jan 7-12 ASM

11 - 1/2 ~ 8 POR
    12- 1/8- 13 ASMu
    13- 1/27-2/2 ASSp
    14- 1/26- 2/1 ASMo

16 ~ 1/10 - 1/ 15 POFQ
    17 ~ 1/8 - 1/ 13 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I can honestly say I don't recall any rude cast members. Some guests can be rude but we don't let it bother us. We encounter the public everyday and there is always that one person out to ruin your day. Just don't let them!

After paying all that money to be there you just have to stay on the positive side and just remember how lucky you are to be in DISNEY WORLD! After all it is the happiest place on earth! (that's why we keep going back)

Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not too rude

I don't run into too many rude people. What we encounter are people so overwhelmed that they are oblivious to everything and everyone around them. The "side-by-side slow walkers". The "I'm trying to teach my kid a lesson so I'm letting him cry" people. The "My family is ahead of us in line" people. etc. I don't think they mean to be rude, they just forget that there are 60,000 people behind them.
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Nah. There are rude people everywhere in life. I just ignore them. If I tried to avoid rude people, I'd never leave my house, and that's no way to live.

Rise above it. Laugh at their rudeness and walk away thinking "You poor, pathetic soul."

Plus, nothing irks a rude person more than acting like you aren't even bothered by their snarky comments!

I totally agree! I wouldn't give up Disney for anything...especially because of other people. You make your own fun and ignore the ignorance of others.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: