Quantcast What Do You Carry to the Theme Parks? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I carry a Vera Bradley zippered ID pouch that's hooked onto a matching VB lanyard. I wear it around my neck, but it can easily fit into my pocket on rides. In it I keep my room key, my DVC card, some cash, emergency replacement pin backs, regular band aids, and blister band aids. It's the perfect size for that stuff, and I like that it's always on my person somewhere.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I go super light - wear a waist-pack and carry my driver's license, room card with charging privileges, just a few dollars cash, a few band-aids in case of blisters and a few kleenex (mainly so I can wipe my glasses off after water rides ;-) The kids wear small backpacks and carry water bottles and cameras.

Post Thanks / Like

At a minimum, I will carry my room key, cash, ID, sunscreen, and my carmera with some zip lok backs in case of rain. On our last trip, I borught a 16-oz Thermos bottle, filled with ice at the resort and refilled at water fountains as necessary. (Didn't want to waste snack credits on water.)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite bag to carry is a tiny little bag called Purse Plus by Charm 14 - I have around a dozen of them in different colors and some with my favorite sports team logos so I can match them to my outfits. It holds my room card, ticket, ID, debit card, a bit of cash, a few bandaids, chapstick, nail clippers and file, eyeglass cloth, a tiny bottle of ibuprofen, and my camera. My iPhone goes in a pocket. It has a short strap that I use around home but I like the long strap either cross-body or around my waist for Disney. It's small enough that if I take the camera out, I can slip it into my pocket and avoid the bag check lines. During the times I need to carry more, I'll carry a drawstring backpack.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I am a dork. I carry a fannypack with the following.

1. sunscreen no matter what time of year it is.
    2. camera
    3. video camera on select days
    4. very small first aid kit
    5. water bottle
    6. wallet (reducing this next time)
    7. resort room key

I also have a backpack which gets ponchos, travel umbrella, 2 pairs of extra socks, moleskin, spray on sunscreen, and finally my phone.

The backpack goes into a locker. The fanny pack stays on me.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

I take as little with me as possible. I wear my sunglasses and carry my regulars in a little purse. I have my ID and room key in a small wallet along with some cash. I also throw in my lip balm because I can't be without it ever, a small hairbrush, and some excedrin and Tylenol. I also have my cell phone in there.

Post Thanks / Like

We're in the "as little as possible" club too. We avoid that bag check line. DH has the cargo shorts with all the pockets, so the usual cards, ID, a small bottle of sunscreen and our camera. Of course, that's much easier to do now that the kids are a little older.

Post Thanks / Like

I try for as little as possible, bag lined are a pain. Id, key-card, tissue, some cash.
    Contact cases work good for a day's painkillers.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Key to the world card. Point and shoot camera in belt loop clip case. Park map in back pocket. I'm all set.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to be an inbetween? I'm an overpacker by nature and it tends to follow me into the parks. In general, I carry a Vera Bradley Hipster (awesome little crossbody purse that carries SO MUCH) in which I fit the following:

1. Sunglasses
    2. Wallet (FULL sized wallet...)
    3. Digital camera
    4. Chapstick
    5. Dining reservation numbers
    6. Medication (last trip I was getting over strep throat and had to carry around my prescription with me to take at lunch time. I also tend to get headaches)
    7. Cell phone

I also carry a Disney backpack that I bought back in my June 2006 trip because the backpack my friends and I were using broke not even halfway through the trip. It's a drawstring and carries far more then you would think and isn't too big. It did cost a pretty penny, but has paid for itself as a carry on for air planes! I generally use this to carry my jacket since I go in January and can easily alternate between hot and cold.

I'm always afraid I'm going to need something in the parks if I don't already have it with me!
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am in the inbetween club - but I do almost always tend to overpack. I have learned that I HATE carrying a backpack around the parks, however with my son and I both having severe breathing issues with Asthma, allergies and some other issues we have medications and stuff that we have to have with us. I have found that packing the back pack with all of the necessecties for us and then putting it into a locker works best for us. We are going in January 2012 and I honestly have no idea what to bring. I guess along with the back pack I am going to be bringing jackets/sweatshirts and the stretchy gloves for later evenings just in case.
    anyway for us it all goes in a locker. If we need something my wonderful husband usually walks to the front of the park and gets what we need.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    1. Room Key with charging and DDP
    2. ID so buying a is no issue
    3. Camera

I leave the phone in the room... it's my vacation, and can call people or return calls at night when I get back.
    Same here. I used to wear sunglasses, but since I usually wear a hat anyway (my head looks like this > ) I decided I can do without sunglasses. Put on, take off, put on, take off, etc.
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

I always try to pack light, but I always end up with a full backpack. My fleece jacket usually takes up most of the room in the bag, but I need it for those chilly nights and air conditioned restaurants. I also carry money, ID, room key, camera (with extra battery and memory stick), phone, and a water bottle. And an umbrella if they're calling for rain. I still have room in the bag to hold my park maps, ride photos and little souvenirs. It all works out. Sometimes it gets annoying to carry, but I don't mind!
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Post Thanks / Like

I carry my camera, cell phone, photo pass card and room key. Make sure your room key is signed or you will need your picture ID. Husband carries room key and photo pass. Kids carry a small back pack with autograph book, water, poncho and snack.

150+ at Disneyland
    1972 - Tent at Fort Wilderness
    1988 - Polynesian
    1996 - Beach Club, Grand Floridian
    2008 - Beach Club
    Nov. 2011 - POR, Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I used to always wear a hip pack, but this year I bought a light weight back pack at the Studio's and it worked out great.

I carried my Disney wallet (room key/ID/money), a rain poncho for my husband and I if we were in a park with a water ride and I borrowed my daughters small camera vs. bringing my big one. In the evening I brought a jacket just in case.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

I always carry a small bag with the following items:

camera, ID, money, poncho, chapstick, hand sanitizer, chapstick, small sunblock, park ticket.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

as litte as possible. Over the years I have downsized, CONSIDERABLY, as our DD has gotten older. Room key card, photo ID, a little cash, my phone, a fold-up poncho, and my camera/camcorder. DH doesn't even take that much...just his phone and wallet. Makes goin thru the security checkpoints a whole lot quicker!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

The Must haves - Key to the World Card (AKA Room Key, DDP Card, etc)

Photo ID, Insurance Card, Small card with list of Medical and Allergy issues.

Small sunscreen, sunglasses, Small digital camera, extra batteries for that, cell phone, thin poncho - all in a slim cross body bag. I don't mind going through the bag check line - if you have everything open and ready, its easy.

And I never go ANYWHERE without my Photo ID. After what happened with my parents, Photo ID is very, very important!
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: