Quantcast The Muppets!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Muppets!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Muppets!

With the first teaser trailers premiering this past week (One in front of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides which was genious IMHO) I am getting really pumped for the movie coming out this Thanksgiving! I love what Disney's been doing with the Muppets lately. There have been numerous viral videos and they are really promoting them. For example, Kermit was at the PoTC premiere interviewing people. Very cool.

I think the movie has a great shot at bringing the Muppets back to their former glory. Jason Segal, who stars in the movie and also wrote the script, seems like he took real care in developing the project. They also have a great cast, with Amy Adams playing another lead role, Chris Cooper as the villain, and a stock pile of celebrity cameos.

You can enjoy the trailers and some other videos via the official website here http://disney.go.com/muppets/

Anyone else love the Muppets and looking forward to this movie as much as me?
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Jason's a funny guy.

Hopefully it will put Muppet Vision 3D on the fast track for an overhaul cuz it's looking a little long in the tooth.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Maryanne! I'm totally excited! I grew up when the Muppets had their weekly show and I've been hooked since then. I watched the trailer and it looks like it has so much potential!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Only two people excited enough to respond out of over 200 views, yikes! Hopefully this is not a representative sampling of the entire population of the country. I really want this movie to do well because I would love to see the Muppets make a full fledged comeback!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see it!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've seen anything about this movie. Nothing. When is it coming out?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a Thanksgiving release, November 23rd.

Reminds me a bit of Enchanted, which I really liked. Amy Adams plus some dance sequences/musical numbers, throw in some Muppets, celebrity cameos and you've got a party!
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this thread, and I had to let you know that I am also super excited about this movie!!! I am a huge Muppets fan. My son has been watching them with me since I was home with him on maternity leave and now he requests certain episodes.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We are getting ever closer to the release of "The Muppets" so I thought I'd do a little Bump! They have released little clips of the movie on YouTube and I'm loving what I'm seeing. There are commercials all over TV, billboards all over town, and Muppet characters are making appearances on many TV shows. I can't wait!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the movie! In this day and age we all need the muppets in our lives!
    Last edited by Princess'Mom; 11-07-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We can't wait for it! I've missed the muppets and hope that a new generation will find them funny enough that they make a come back!
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to give Disney props, they are REALLY promoting the Muppets. They are calling the campaign "Muppet Domination" and the fuzzy guys are EVERYWHERE. My favorite appearance so far was on Saturday Night Live last night. Jason Segel hosted, and they did a song in the beginning with him that was pretty funny. Kermit also did a "Really?" segment with Seth Meyers during Weekend Update. Can't wait for Wednesday!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Loved Kermit's Really segment. And the SNL opening with the Muppets. Makes me really excited to see the movie. When I was 12, the year of my first Disney trip, I was a big fan of Miss Piggy. Still love her.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I informed my husband we'll be going to see this at the AMC in DTD and have dinner there. He's not a Muppet fan. I can't believe it. I've known him for 15 years! LOL!! I'm sure he'll grin and bear it for me (or cuz he knows whats good for him, tee-hee!)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited for this movie! I love The Muppets, and when I first heard they were working on a new one, I admit, I was leery. But now, having seen the trailers, and listened to Jason Segal talking about the project, I can't wait to see it. He seems to understand how many people love and respect the franchise.

I'll be going to see it Thursday or Friday!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I got to see the movie this past Saturday morning at a sneak preview. I will wait until after opening to give a review -- for now I will just say it's cute and I laughed.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Went to see the movie this afternoon and I LOVED IT!!!!!! I am so glad Disney let Jason Segal write the script... In my opinion, he did the Muppets justice...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I also saw it the afternoon it came out. I thought it was great. By far the best effort since Muppet Christmas Carol. I think they really captured the essence of the Muppets. I loved most of the new songs and the cameos. I think our cynical world needs the Muppets now more than ever...I hope it does well.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the movie over the weekend and absolutely loved it! I want to go see it again! There were a few parts when I was laughing so hard I was crying. I'm so glad to see the Muppets back on the big screen! I hope this movie is a huge success and they make more Muppets movies!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the Muppets movie! I do not think my kids have any exposure to the Muppets other than the DHS 3D Show. It was a little hokey, but good fun.
    And, we all LOVED the Toy Story short.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Share This Thread On Social Media: