Quantcast Eating gluten free at WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eating gluten free at WDW

We're going to WDW in November. First time going since diagnosed with celiac disease. so I have to dine gluten free. I've heard that Disney is among the best at accommodating special dietary needs. Just curious what experiences anyone has had eating gluten free at the parks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They are excellent. Make sure you note it on your ADR and they will take good care of you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

DTD has a store dedicated to gluten free sweets called Baby Cakes...just saw a list of their desserts the other day and they sound awesome

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

It's the best place for you to be! They will have the chef come out and speak to you before every meal. (make sure it is on your reservation).
    I know a few that have celiac and other food allergies and they were able to enjoy a lot of food. There is a list of quick service places that sell gluten free food....if you want I can PM that to you. Just let me know...unless you already have it.
    My son has a gluten intolerance so his diet now consists of 75% gluten free and will be experiencing this in Oct. when we head to the parks. I figured this out during our trip there this past May when he had severe stomach pains to all the gluten he was eating
    Let me know if you want the list of quick services with gluten free items....
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in november with 3 celiac people on our family. We have done some research and Disney seems to be the place to be vacationing with celiac. They have lots of choices and the celiac free bread at every counter service. Write the disney food division an e-mail and they will send you the latest info and what you need to know. Send a private to me and maybe I can share them.

Have a blast planning your vacation. Ed!

Post Thanks / Like

Default g-free options?

I would love a list of g-free counter places or if anyone has had a great experience in any of the park restaurants or Downtown Disney or Boardwalk area.
    "Oh its your first time? It's my first time too!"
    - Star Tours

Post Thanks / Like

Feel free to write to [email protected] and they will be able to answer your questions about dining gluten-free at WDW.

If you are dining at TS locations, note the request on your ADR. When you are seated, a chef will come out and talk to the affected person (yes, they will talk directly to the kids which is nice).

At a CS location, tell the cashier and they will call the manager out who will go over what is available.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

When you contact Special Diets they will send you a document detailing what foods are what and where you can find them.

If you need to go further you can speak to the chef either before you arrive or as everyone suggested so far -- note it on your ADR and speak to the chef when you get there.

We are going the end of this month and two chefs have contacted me about our DS#2's intolerances/allergies so far and they have been more than accommodating ---and for a three year old no less!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

The advice eveyone is given is right on. Note your resv, email them, and talk to the chef. I just wanted to add that Dh, Ds and I were down for a weekend in June, I needed to eat dairy free since I was nursing & DS has a dairy allergy, chef Brian at captain's grille at yacht club was great. We went for breakfast and he made dairy free gluten free pancakes that were awesome. I think they are probably the best pancakes I've ever had. Everyone says Disney is great but I really didn't know what I would be able to eat since eating out pretty much stopped at home & it seems some chefs do more then others, but I was really impressed. If you get the chance you may want to make an ADR for capt's grille.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info. We have our ADR's for our trip in 16 days. I e-mail back the form to special diets with our ADR's listed and when I made the ADR's I told the cast member also. Should be covered! We are also going to the Wished Dessert Buffet. Gluten free there too! Can hardly wait!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: