Quantcast It melted before I could taste it - Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default It melted before I could taste it - Day 6

Day 6 (August 21) – Magic Kingdom

I was off to Captain Cook’s first thing this morning for breakfast goodies, then we hopped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I’m still amazed at how I can be standing in a line at 8:30 in the morning and the sweat is running down me. However, once we’re moving it’s not so noticeable. We head for Space Mountain and it seems as if half the park goes with us. We ride it twice and get fast passes for later. This is another ride that’s not extreme and yet we all love. The theming makes all the difference. My kids’ favourite sign: check invisible oxygen dome.

Buzz Lightyear is always fun, although I’m lousy at it. DD1 starts out very slowly but then blows the rest of us out of the water, with no idea how she did it.

Next we go to the Tiki Room. It re-opened just before our trip so I’m interested to see if anything’s changed. It seems shorter, and not as dark. I guess I liked the part where the tiki gods are angry. I think they’re just disgruntled now.

Again, we have lunch reservations today (our last one) so we share a Dole float and soft serve to keep us going. After using our fast passes for Space Mountain we head to Tony’s Town Square for lunch. We’re early again but they’re able to seat us right away. DD2 astonishes me by ordering a chicken caesar salad. She would never complain about the heat, but I think she’s feeling it and that’s why she’s eating more in the way of cold food. DD1 has the chicken parmigiana and I have the baked ziti. Everything’s good and we even have dessert. I have the pineapple cheesecake and on the plate is a picture of Lady and Tramp done in chocolate. Too cute! DD2 has the ice cream bomb, which comes with a candle on it, because she’s wearing her birthday button. DD1 is promised a taste of the ice cream but, “it melted before I could taste it”.

We stop in to Le Chapeau, and as we walk around the store hear singing. It was the Dapper Dans right outside the front door. They were great. I love just coming upon performances like this.

We headed off to do Pirates again (20 minute wait posted), and then went through a few shops where I managed to talk myself out of expensive goods. We ended up back at Le Chapeau where DD2 got a Mad Hatter hat and DD1 got a pirate bandana. We took the monorail back to the Poly.

After supper we headed to Downtown Disney. The bus pulled up as we were walking to the bus stop. We just did a small part of Downtown Disney, but we bought lots. The girls got cool socks at Little Miss Matched, pins for friends (check) at Pin Traders, and leather pirate wristbands at World of Disney. I lost DD2 for a while at World of Disney, and being almost 15, she rolled her eyes at me when I found her and expressed my worry.

We hadn’t brought our water bottles with us, which was a mistake, and ended up buying a bottle of water. At home it cools off when the sun goes down. We watched a fellow performing on the stage and teaching dance moves to kids, breathed deeply around Ghirardelli and headed out. Our bus pulled up as soon as we got to the bus stop.

We walked about 6.5 miles today.
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe the luck you're having with transportation! Wish I knew your secret!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Love shopping at DTD, thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Wow you really are lucky with transportation! You are also great with finding your souvenirs! I am awful about finding just the right thing! I can never decide! Another great day!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Great fun day!! Girls and shopping...enough said!

You are having a great trip with the buses! Nice!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Its getting close to lunch time and the thought of Tony's has my mouth watering!!! Sounds like another good day.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

I need your bus luck on our trip in 31 days!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: