Quantcast Test Track Refurb 2012 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I just hope that if this refurb does happen, it involves extensive work to keep the ride from malfunctioning and shutting down all the time!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    And Walt Disney did that all the time. The original castle in Disneyland was supposed to be Snow White's Castle but since Sleeping Beauty was about to premiere, he changed the name and the theming of the castle to match his new animated feature.

So, before you blast Disney for trying to create synergy between the parks and the movies, Walt Disney tried to do that as much as he could.
    Good point. I think many people assume that Walt's intentions were always pure without any attempt to squeeze more money out of people, but Walt was more of a savvy business man than he gets credit for. Walt was all about quality, but he knew the importance of making as much money as possible.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpecJoe Magic View Post
    Good point. I think many people assume that Walt's intentions were always pure without any attempt to squeeze more money out of people, but Walt was more of a savvy business man than he gets credit for. Walt was all about quality, but he knew the importance of making as much money as possible.
    While this may be true, and many movie tie-ins are actually good, what I wish WDW and the other parks would keep in mind is that they could have stories unique to the parks.

Great WDW attractions that don't have specific movie tie-ins include Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain, Living with the Land, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and the former Alien Encounter. They could also capitalize on unique characters like Figment, if only they could make the ride worthy of his potential.

Who knows? Maybe in the future, Disney could cash in with a reverse tie-in like they did with Pirates of the Caribbean. I know the Haunted Mansion and Country Bears were a dud and Jungle Cruise remains to be seen, but why not at least make an effort? All it takes is one little spark... okay, bad example.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

New ride vehicles have debuted at Test Track.... and no, NOT Cars the movie themed... They do, however, have a Chevy logo on the front...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    New ride vehicles have debuted at Test Track.... and no, NOT Cars the movie themed... They do, however, have a Chevy logo on the front...
    I saw some pictures of a blue car with the chevy logo. They look nice. The seats also look more comfortable. Also I noticed the video screen is working. I think I have only seen those work once.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I saw some pictures of a blue car with the chevy logo. They look nice. The seats also look more comfortable. Also I noticed the video screen is working. I think I have only seen those work once.
    I hope this is just the beginning of the much needed refurb...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone link where we can find those pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Can someone link where we can find those pics?
    Butters, check you PM...

Post Thanks / Like

I just googled for the new vehicle pics - very nice! They do look like the Chevy Volt.
    Here's hoping it's just the first step in many more refurbs for that ride to bring it a little more up to par!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

looked at the new ride vehicles on line...and while they look nice, I hope the refurb goes FAR beyond cosmetics and shakes up the story of the ride itself. I know lots of folks love it, but its just a ride that never really did a whole lot for me. I mean its big thrill is the equivalent of riding down the interstate in a convertible.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know of the date in january that this is to happen????

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    Me and my friends love Universe of Energy even though most here don't, just because even though it (at the time was) updated for modern times a decade ago it still has that old ride feel of something that you don't get to ride anywhere else.
    Well I will go ahead and say that I am one of the ones who do love Universe of Energy. When we go that is one ride we always do, although my wife usually takes the opportunity to sleep I just love that ride.
    PharmD
    Off Property 76,82,92,97,98,99
    ASMov 5/00,1/02,9/03,1/06,12/03,8/08
    ASSports 12/01
    ASMus 3/02,7/02
    PopCe 4/04,5/04,10/05
    PORS 10/06,10/10
    CSR 10/09
    POFQ 11/11
    CB 6/12
    CB 5/13
    Disney Fantasy 10/15

Next Renewal of Magic:
    PopCe 8/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan328 View Post
    There's been no official announcement on this refurb. There won't be a date until WDW releases the actual confirmation of the refurb.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

It is certain to be AFTER a boatload of people book their vacations (like around Marathon Weekend) that was people get invested into going and the closing of a headliner wont cause them to change their mind.

(Yes I am cycnical about this.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    It is certain to be AFTER a boatload of people book their vacations (like around Marathon Weekend) that was people get invested into going and the closing of a headliner wont cause them to change their mind.

(Yes I am cycnical about this.)
    A boatload of people book their vacations year round. When the park is open 365 days it just happens. No, it's not great if a favorite attraction is closed, but especially in January you just expect it. Every January major rides are down for refurb. However, they usually close the week after marathon weekend. Not always, but usually. But, it's not that big of a deal. There's lots more stuff to see and ride.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Tuscaloosa, AL, 582.10 miles from Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw the new vehicle when we were there last week. It looked really cool and much more updated than the ones that are currently operating.
    WDW 9/2011 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2011 Pop Century
    WDW 8/2010 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2007 Pop Century
    WDW 4/2006 Pop Century
    WDW 5/2005 Pop Century
    WDW 5/2002 Hilton/ASMovies
    WDW 5/2000 Off Site
    WDW 6/1997 ASMusic
    WDW 1991 Lake Buena Vista Palace
    WDW 1990 Off Site
    WDW 1987 Cont
    WDW 1983 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    A boatload of people book their vacations year round. When the park is open 365 days it just happens. No, it's not great if a favorite attraction is closed, but especially in January you just expect it. Every January major rides are down for refurb. However, they usually close the week after marathon weekend. Not always, but usually. But, it's not that big of a deal. There's lots more stuff to see and ride.
    so the week after is when I am going correct? My arrival date is 1/8/12 which is the actual day of the marathon so that week following is the week that most things go down or do you mean the following week like the 15th or so of Jan?

It probably won't be a deal breaker for us but I know the hubby and kids will be very disappointed if it is. I know splash mtn is usually down in Jan too. What other rides should I expect to be closed?

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

so the week after is when I am going correct? My arrival date is 1/8/12 which is the actual day of the marathon
    There's not set, announced date, but, yes, any day after the 8th is a good possibility for the refurb to begin. As for what will be down - TT, if the rumored refurb goes through, and Splash (as usual) will be the big ones. Splash is almost always down for at least some of January. As for anything else, it'll depend on what needs it, but nothing has been announced.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Did the GM bailout pay for the refurb

Is this part of cash for clunkers? They should get Toyota to purchase. The cars will be faster, just stopping will be sort of a crash test experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    sigh

I guess I need to accept that this next gen interactive queue stuff is here to stay.
    Mel, I'm with you here.. big sigh.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: