Quantcast Change of Heart :) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it would be Winnie the Pooh. I hated it when i first went on it. and can't say it's my favorite, but i do like it now.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Read through this, and hoped to see people tell me why my list of "Don't do again" needs to be edited...even though it is a very short list....(actually, Sounds Dangerously, Ellen, and anything that replaced Journey to Mars are the only "Never do again's")....but I enjoy virtually every attraction...admitedly, I only do Dumbo and the cars for DGK's....but I even enjoy them because of who is with me. There are several that I haven't done for the last several trips....but that is because there never seems enough time to do it all...didn't do much of Fantasyland this trip, but the DGK's that were with us this trip were all 10 or older. Still snuck in Philharmagic. Haven't been on the Mexican and Norwegian boat rides for several trips, nor on Tom Sawyer Island, but will correct that on next trip.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

For me it has to be It's a Small World. I (sort of) liked it as a kid, hated it as a teenager/young adult, and appreciate it a bunch now that I'm older. There's just something about the ride that's quintesentially disney to me, and I actually find the song quite charming now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Animal Kingdom. Even though it's Nahtazu, that's exactly how I perceived it in the beginning. Despite how short my days there are, I LOVE it!
    I didn't like it then, i still don't like it. Though the nemo show is kinda cool. Walking around the park, is still like the bataan death march.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I didn't like it then, i still don't like it. Though the nemo show is kinda cool. Walking around the park, is still like the bataan death march.
    Visited Bataan, and other parts of the PI...excellent analogy! You are right!
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Like several other posts here, it's Epcot for me.

When I first came to WDW in 1999, I didn't know much about it. I thought the Magic Kingdom WAS Walt Disney World. On our first day, we spent the entire time at Magic Kingdom and I loved it. On day two, we went to Epcot. I assumed it was another Magic Kingdom only bigger and more updated. When I got there, I was let down. The few rides we had ridden -- El Rio del Tiempo, Maelstrom, whatever came before the Nemo ride -- lacked the "magic.". They felt rushed. The park left me empty.

When I returned home, I researched WDW and Walt Disney. I learned about Walt's vision. About how they stealthily acquired the land and developed it. I learned about how they got the property zoned so they can expeditiously expand, develop, and build new projects. When I returned the following year, I had a new appreciation for both Epcot and the whole Walt Disney World.

Today, Epcot is our second favorite park and probably the park we spend the most time in on any trip. While it has improved its rides (with Soarin' and Mission: Space), that's not why we frequent this park. Epcot feels more like a wonderful social gathering place. I feel like I grow a little inside each time I come. My horizons are broadened a bit. It's beautiful.

Although it isn't true to his vision, I still think Walt would be proud of his project.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would have to be Test Track.

My first two trips, I was terrified of Test Track. On my third trip, I went with my best friend, who's a thrill rider. I had watched the specials on Expedition Everest, and though I wasn't (at the time) a coaster enthusiast, I REALLY wanted to do this ride after those specials. So, me, being the wimp, decided to work my way up so I wouldn't be just out of my mind terrified to get on.

I started out with BTM, and then during our Epcot visit, decided to try Test Track, knowing that if I couldn't handle the speed of that ride, EE was a no-go.

LOVED IT. It's now on my multiple-ride list.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    I used to think The Land was boring when I was younger - now it is one of my favorite rides!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

As I get older I appreciate Epcot more and more
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Jungle Cruise

And remember...Ginger Snaps!
    I hear she's a tough cookie.

My first visit to Animal Kingdom was less than ideal. It was in June 1998, so the park had only been open for a couple of months. It was extremely hot that day and some of the park didn't feel complete, such as the lack of water fountains. Kilimanjaro Safaris was terrible, as there were almost no animals to be seen. I'm not sure if they didn't have enough animals yet or if the animals were hiding from the vehicles because they weren't used to them. I came away from that visit with a very negative attitude towards the park.

Nowadays, it is my second favorite park in WDW and a WDW visit wouldn't feel complete without it. I still think it needs more quality attractions and indoor quick service restaurants, but it has come a long way since the year that it opened.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid I hated the countries in Epcot. I was bored to death and my parents always drug us through there! When I started visting as an adult I learned to love the countries and not just for the alcohol! Now I have to fight my kids and drag them through the countries!

LEAVING TOMORROW NIGHT FOR DISNEY!!!!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default World Showcase

My wife and I spent our honeymoon @ WDW the week EPCOT opened. We were so unimpressed with WS that we even skipped "The American Adventure". (I thought it was a Circle-Vision movie!!) On our first trip with our kids, we blasted through WS, only visiting the countries with rides. On the next trip, we started exploring the countries. Now I can't imagine NOT spending a good deal of time in WS, watching the performers, having dinner, etc. It's gone from a "forget it" to a "must do". In fact, one of our all-time favorite experiences at WDW was watching a mime in France who did a hysterical balloon animal routine.
    July, 1973 - Polynesian
    July, 1976 - Polynesian
    July, 1978 - Polynesian
    October, 1982 - Hotel Royal Plaza (Honeymoon)
    November, 1999 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2003 - offsite (timeshare)
    June, 2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
    November, 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: