Quantcast 3 best signature

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 best signature

I'm so excited We are going back to Disneyworld in March 2012 with Free dining. Since we'll be saving so much money on food I want to dine at 3 signature restaurants with DH while our 2 year old stays with grandma. If you could only pick 3 signature dining experiences anywhere in the park, where would it be? Keep in mind I'm a chef so the food has to be remarkable, but I also enjoy a great/different atmosphere too! There are so many to choose from I don't know where to start. what are your favorites?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Narcoossee's, Jiko & Artist Point...with Brown Derby a close 4th.

If you REALLY want to splurge, I HIGHLY recommend Victoria & Albert's. It is a dining experience. I'm a huge foodie and a bit of a gourmet and it ranks among the top dining experiences I've ever had.
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2011 & 2016 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

These would be my three picks:

1) Narcoosee's at the GF - we went last trip upon recommendation here on Intercot. Our meal was timed perfectly with the water pageant and Wishes. I, again, would make an ADR accordingly, arrive early, and indicate my willingness to wait for a window seat. I think this is now my must-have dining experience-- great food and a glass of wine looking over the lagoon at MK.

2) Le Cellier at Epcot - I know ADRs here are a pain and many feel the hype is just that... hype. As a Canadian I feel quite attached to our little pavilion. I've only done lunch here but would love to return for a nice dinner.

3) Jiko at AKL - I would try here (but haven't yet) as an excuse to explore the resort and try something new. That would be my third choice. OR I would try (and haven't yet) California Grill at Contemporary (again, for the MK view)... although I've heard the the CG can be noisy and a bit chaotic. Narcoosee's didn't have that feel, at all.
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

First off, I cook, but I'm no chef, so I doubt I have standards as high as yours. I do love to eat though!

My suggestions:

Artist Pont: My favorite restaurant in the entire world, not just WDW.

Jiko: I haven't tried it yet, but from what I hear about their wine, I'd certainly recommend it sight unseen.

Le Cellier: Tough choice, because you could do lunch here for one credit on the DDP, but I wanted to give you a choice from one of the parks, and this was the best. Coral Reef is good too, but when we ate there, I didn't find it romantic because of the acoustics. Lots of kids, and it was very LOUD! If you're going to be at MK, you could always go to a monorail resort or stay in the park at Cindy's Table.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Narcoosee's at GF is by far our most favorite place in all of WDW to eat. They have pressed Tea, amazing steaks and to die for desserts. Their almond incrusted cheesecake is the most wonderful thing we have ever had!It was quiet and romantic here.
    The Living Seas was tremendous on our last trip. We ate their twice. Their food was delicious. Loved to watch the fish and the huge turtle in the tank. We got a seat right next to the tank and it was awesome.
    Citricos was wondeful as well. The food and service was really great. We each enjoyed their filet here. We loved the atmosphere and it was not as noisey as some of the places can get.

We were on the DDP, so we tried many wonderful meals.

Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Dawn,Denise&Diane
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Post Thanks / Like

Default CaliGrill, Narcoosee's, and Le Cellier

Only 3 I've been to, and I'd put them in that order.
    CG is an event. Narcoosee's is just a great atmosphere and great food. Time both of those around Wishes.

LC would be a great heavy lunch after a lite breakfast and a before a late lite dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Victoria & Albert's is excellent but it won't fall under your free dining - you'd need to pay for that out of pocket. That, however would certainly be my first choice as a signature dining spot.

On our last trip, our most favorite meal was at Jiko - excellent food and service.

We have typically also had excellent meals at California Grill and Brown Derby. Citrico's has been very good as well.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasPrincessAurora View Post
    Nwith Brown Derby a close 4th.
    I am no chef, but Brown Derby was probably the worst service and meal we have ever had. The server couldn't even get the wine straight. No the place was not overly busy the evening we were there. Just terrible. DS's steak was suppose to be medium. It could have got up off the plate and walked away it was so rare. This amongst many other issues we had.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried:

California Grill
    Narcoossee's
    Citricos
    Jiko
    Flying Fish
    Brown Derby
    Le Cellier (but pre-Signature days)

Artist Point, have not tried but good friends of ours gave it a very bad review, so we're reluctant.

Yachstman Steakhouse, we have ADRs for our October trip.

Of the ones I have tried, California Grill, Narcoossee's, and Flying Fish, tied with Citricos, make the top. Jiko was good, just not on par with the others for us. Brown Derby was well behind the others, still very good just not as special. I can't really rate Le Cellier as a Signature, but the experience was vastly overrated in the pre Signature days for me.

Also, as someone else suggested, if you were looking for an amazing dining experience and not concerned with DP credits- Victoria and Albert and Bistro de Paris are both superb.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    and Bistro de Paris are both superb.
    Forgot about Bistro - that is a wonderful choice!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you aren't using dining credits I would suggest Victoria and Albert's and the Bistro in France at Epcot...
    if you are looking for different and want to use dining credits I would definitely go with Jiko.

I have also heard good things about California Grill, Artist Point and Narcossee's...we are trying Brown Derby in December

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We have tried California Grill, the Brown Derby, and Le Cellier (pre-signature). The California Grill was very, very good. The pork tenderloin dish is a recipe that we got, and make at least once a month now, and everyone who has ever had it, LOVES it.

The Brown Derby was underwhelming. We paid OOP for a lunch, it was over $100, and it was no better than a lunch we could have had for $20 at a chain restaurant.

Le Cellier .... i'm interested to see how people rate this now as a signature restaurant. Has the menu changed? It was an OK steakhouse before, with some very, very good menu items.

On an anniversary trip with my wife, we ate at all these places, and in the end our favorite restaurant wound up being Chefs de France. We thought it was better than any other restaurant we've tried.

That said, we're eating at Artist Point the next time we come without kids.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I personally enjoyed Le Cellier more when it was cafeteria service with more authentic Canadian cuisine. I've never been overly impressed with it as a steakhouse.
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2011 & 2016 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Narcoosee's is always a favorite of ours.
    Citricos is also amazing
    Artist Point- atmosphere & food wonderful

Cal. Grill- the food was good, but it was more about the fireworks for us...

Want to try Jiko's...

Have ressies for V & A's ....am REALLY looking forward to this special experience!!
    Magical Disney Memories, '79, '83, 95,96,97,98,2/2000, 9/2000, 11/2001, 11/2002, 4/2003, 11/2003, 11/05, 2/07, 2/08 -world's greatest family reunion! 1/11-18/2010 15th wedding anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

To me, the very best signature restaurant is Cali Grill. The food is really a cut above any other in WDW. Excluding V&A's of course. And the view here is spectacular.
    The food at Flying Fish is also great. I would rank it 2nd, with Narcoosee's a close 3rd.

Must say, I love the Brown Derby. We visit every trip. The atmosphere is elegant and relaxing. Unusual for a Disney place. The only reason i don't rank it higher than 4th is that the food is not always stellar. I have had some incredible meals there, worthy of a #2 ranking, but also some average ones too. It's never bad enough to keep us from returning, but it's inconsistant enough to keep it out of my top 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Artist Point, have not tried but good friends of ours gave it a very bad review, so we're reluctant.
    We tried Artist Point a few years back and I have to say neither DH nor I liked anything about it. One of the only restaurants in WDW we will never go back to.

Yachstman Steakhouse, we have ADRs for our October trip.
    Yachtsman is our favorite in all of WDW. The food and service is the best we have encountered in WDW. It is quite pricey but worth every penny IMHO. I think every server in the restaurant stopped by our table at one point during our meal (There were 8 of us. DH, my parents, our 4 children, and myself) Our wine glasses were never empty and our food was cleared simultaneously and just after the last person was finished. We tend to be very social and really enjoyed the interaction with the staff. The manager was wonderful as well. She stopped by our table, chatted with us, and even went out of her way to procure us breakfast reservations at Kouzzinna the next morning. We are dining there twice on our upcoming trip. Can't wait to go back!!!

Other than Yachtsman we enjoyed California Grill. The view alone is worth the visit.

We would like to try Narcoossee's at some point but it always ends up being so far out of the way but we'll make it there some day.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Yachtsman Steakhouse...without a doubt, the best meal I've ever had. We ate at Artist Point in May 2010 and it was excellent...not sure how it stacks up now. I can't recall if it's one or two credits on the DP, but Tokoyo Dining is really good if you love sushi. We ate at Cali Grill and it was very good, but didn't live up to all the hype (at least for us...). We went onto the roof for Wishes and personally, I'd rather be standing in the hub watching. (Not a fan of heights...probably would have enjoyed it more if we could have stayed inside.)

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Artist Point, favorite always a must eat. Food and service have always been excellent.

Narcoosee's, eat there every other time we go and it's always been good, love the view.

Cali Grill, another one where we eat every other time we good.

I would definitely eat at Victoria & Albert's even though it's not on the dining plan. It's wonderful dining experience. It would also be nice because no children are allowed. A special dinner for just you and DH.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Bistro de Paris, the grown of sibling of Les Chefs de France. Not exactly a secret, but not one you hear discussed a lot. Get the tasting menu.

California Grill's good, and not as noisy if you wait for the wine room.

Jiko, a little hit and miss for us. I think they rotated in a chef who didn't really "get" the African flavors. Good South African wine, made it memorable.

BONUS SUGGESTION:
    Sanaa, while it isn't "signature" it has some of the best, most interesting and intense flavors on property. Makes a great lunch; sit by the windows.

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't been to WDW as much as the veterans around here... but here are our picks:

CA Grill- Our absolute favorite restaurant on property.

Artists' Point- Wasn't super impressed on our first visit but we had a wonderful time on our second visit. Our second server was wonderful... and particularly understanding of us having to deal with our exhausted, 3-year-old birthday boy.

Sanaa- Again, not a Signature but a very wonderful experience. The food presentation was very nice, too. As a bonus, we got to watch the animals of the savannah from our table.

We will be trying Jiko on our next trip.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: