Quantcast August again! Trip Report Day 3 8/20/11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default August again! Trip Report Day 3 8/20/11

Day 3 8/20/11

Cast: DH, me, DS (12) and DD (9)

Plan: AK and dinner at Tutto Italia

We got to AK a little after opening. We started the day with the safari. We saw a good amount of animals. At one point two ostrich were walking right along the road right next to the truck. They still had the poacher storyline. I thought I had read they were doing away with that? After that, DH went to get FPs for Everest, while the kids and I took the trail to see more animals. We got pictures with Flik and Terk. DH and DS rode EE while DS and I went on Triceratops spin. We met back up again and DS and I went on EE.

After that we decided to try Kali river rapids. The entrance said 15 minutes, but it was more like 30. While we were waiting, we saw a teenage kid sitting on the ground with people around him. The lady behind me noticed he looked really pale. (Note this for later). There were some cast members around, but we didn't see much else. Everyone guessed he was over heated. We got on the ride and no one in our boat got soaked! Everyone was somewhat wet, but no one was dripping! I thought that was pretty amazing, usually one person gets drenched.

Afterwards we stopped for lunch at Restaurantosaurus. DD got her lunch in a little sand pail, that of course she had to keep and I carried around for the rest of the day (note this also for later). We went on another of the trails and saw the tigers. We were getting hot so we decided to stop at Camp Mickey and Minnie for autographs and then go back to the pool. As we were heading over, a CM came up to me and asked me if I felt alright because I was a little pale. I thought about the kid over at Kali and said I feel okay. At which point he pointed to the sand pail I was carrying and said "get it, a little pail!" Ha ha, we all had a laugh over that one. We got Minnie, Goofy, Thumper and Miss Bunny's autographs. There were no lines except for Mickey! We headed back to the pool to cool off.

After cooling off and cleaning up, we headed to Epcot for dinner. Once again, FPs for Test Track and Soarin were gone. We got to Italy and waited about 5 minutes to be seated. After being seated, service was fast! We had bread before we had even finished sitting down. I had a delicious shrimp and risotto dish! It was so good. And came so quickly! It was definitely not a long meal. Afterwards we went to Innoventions and did the Piggy Bank adventure. The kids love this! They have been talking about it since we did it 2 years ago. Spent some time in MouseGears and ended the night on Spaceship Earth.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

At this time of year, it is so easy to truly get overheated. Glad your "pail" didn't result in being "pale"!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Great report which Italy restaurant did you eat at?
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebritney View Post
    Great report which Italy restaurant did you eat at?
    It was Tutto Italia. Very good! I forgot there are two restaurants there now.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: