Quantcast Big Brother 13 - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Keeping up with the live feeds this year has really changed my opinion on this show. Doubt I'll invest the time next year.
    I've had the live feeds for every Big Brother since the first show. It really is two different shows if a person only watched the CBS broadcast.

Not only do I watch the feeds, but I post screencaps and summaries of conversations on one of the popular BB sites. I've done that for the last 7 years or so. Allison Grodner has her favorites from year to year, and the writers will certainly edit someone to be a certain way on the TV show.

Rachel always complained about her edit, as Dani mentioned to Julie, but even the other houseguest early in this season realized Rachel wasn't getting a bad edit last year, that is the way she is.

I've always been a fan of Dani, so I was sorry to see her go, but very happy that Jeff followed her right out the door. Jeff can make up all the excuses he wants, but he did lie to Dani and go back on their deal.

Over the last couple of days, Dani coached both Kalia and Porsche on what their next moves should be in the event that she left the game. So, when both of them said this is what Dani wanted, it had been discussed.

Moments ago a new twist just happened in the house that have people screaming online about Alison Grodner manipulating the game again.

One of the things I love about this show is not only do the people in the house have to keep changing their game, so does production. Even with their best plans, production always seems to have to scramble every year to handle unplanned situations in the house. From Dick leaving early, to somebody in the house always having to be rescued to keep them from walking off the show. You never know what will happen.

Big Brother is the only real-time reality show. Every other show is done weeks if not months ahead of time then packaged for TV. I don't always like the outcome or the producing, but it is always fun to watch.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    I've had the live feeds for every Big Brother since the first show. It really is two different shows if a person only watched the CBS broadcast.
    I've always kept up with the live feeds, but this year in particular the favortism is too much. I still can't get over what some people can get away with in there and others can't. That doesn't bother you?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and the thing with Rachel, I'm thoroughly convinced now that's how she is WITH BRENDON. She's actually been tolerable and calm this week. We'd all probably know a whole different person had he not been on the show last season. I don't know what it is around him that causes her to completely lose her mind, but it isn't healthy.

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch the live feeds or After Dark (even though we have Showtime). I just enjoy the regular broadcasts.

The thing that drives me crazy is the comments about "he/she is coming after me", "they backstab", "they went back on their word" etc. THAT IS THE GAME! What did they think they were signing up for?

I respect game moves, Shelly is actually playing a good social game, working both sides. I think her flip was a smart move. If she wants to move forward Jeff and Jordan had to be split up.

Adam and Porsche don't deserve to be there, IMHO they have both floated through the game.

I am enjoying this season, not as much as other seasons, but it is good fluff entertainment.

Melanie, you should audition!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Melanie, you should audition!

Are you crazy? I wouldn't last a day! YOU should audition Bryant.

Shelly is in no way playing a good social game. She's burned way too many bridges now.

Can't wait to see how the latest 'twist' comes out.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always kept up with the live feeds, but this year in particular the favortism is too much. I still can't get over what some people can get away with in there and others can't. That doesn't bother you?
    When you say favoritism, you are talking about how they show certain people on TV? I think that has always been the case. Every season need at least one bully in the house. Though what I see more often is not showing the other side of a person.

What bothers me is it is becoming more and more apparent that certain events and competitions are shifted to be used at certain times in the game to favor people or groups.

This has probably been done for a while, but it seems a little more obvious this season. For the producers, they want the best show, so they are going to guide events as much as they can behind the scenes.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Shelly is in no way playing a good social game. She's burned way too many bridges now.
    I mean that competition wise she is horrible, but she has gotten pretty far by playing both sides of the house against each other. I do agree that it is catching up with her. At least she isn't floating by like Adam and Porsche who have done nothing...

Post Thanks / Like

When you say favoritism, you are talking about how they show certain people on TV?
    No, I'm talking about what they let certain folks get away with in the house (which is never shown on the show).

What bothers me is it is becoming more and more apparent that certain events and competitions are shifted to be used at certain times in the game to favor people or groups.

This has probably been done for a while, but it seems a little more obvious this season. For the producers, they want the best show, so they are going to guide events as much as they can behind the scenes.
    Agreed! And I feel really stupid with how naive I've been to this all these years. I'm invested this year, but we'll see for the future. Hoping there are no returners next year though. That has really crippled this season, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    I mean that competition wise she is horrible, but she has gotten pretty far by playing both sides of the house against each other. I do agree that it is catching up with her. At least she isn't floating by like Adam and Porsche who have done nothing...
    It's hard to discuss if both of us aren't keeping up with the live feeds, because really it's a whole different world than what they show on TV. Looking forward tonight to seeing the blow up between Jeff, Shelly and Adam that took place before the live show the other night. NO ONE has seen it (they cut the feeds), and Alison Grodner tweeted it would be a part of the show tonight. My concern is though, that it will put Jeff in a bad light being that anyone not following the feeds doesn't realize the extent of Shelly's betrayal. Like I said before, I have no problem with her switching to further herself in the game, but the way she went about it was wrong, and very hypocritical.

ETA: That said, what's happening on the internet right now regarding Shelly backlash is really horrible. No one's family, and especially kids, should ever be dragged into this 'game'.
    Last edited by Melanie; 08-28-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, Shelly totally LOST that fight. She started the fight, she told on herself, threw Adam under the bus, and never could squirm her way out of it. She was then very lucky Kalia won (and even Kalia admitted she guessed) HOH so she could get Jeff out. And up to the very end lied to Jeff about being with them 100%. The point of that was? Cause it sure lost her some jury votes if it comes to that. Thing is, Jeff and Jordan told her all along to play her game, just clue them in with what her plans were. That's all they wanted, so they could at least have a chance to convince her otherwise. That stuff about playing Jeff's game was all in her mind. And her actions with Jordan after Jeff was gone and then cheering openly when Pinto won HOH - ugh.

And I'm shocked Adam just let all that roll off his back like he did. Not sure where his mind is at, but he's definitely the ultimate floater.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'm talking about what they let certain folks get away with in the house (which is never shown on the show).
    Mel you have to PM about what was going on, I can't find anything about the "health & safety" stuff you mentioned.

It's hard to discuss if both of us aren't keeping up with the live feeds, because really it's a whole different world than what they show on TV. Looking forward tonight to seeing the blow up between Jeff, Shelly and Adam that took place before the live show the other night. NO ONE has seen it (they cut the feeds), and Alison Grodner tweeted it would be a part of the show tonight. My concern is though, that it will put Jeff in a bad light being that anyone not following the feeds doesn't realize the extent of Shelly's betrayal. Like I said before, I have no problem with her switching to further herself in the game, but the way she went about it was wrong, and very hypocritical.
    True, I can only go by the broadcast. I will say I lost any respect I had for her after seeing her try and weasel her way out of blame with Jeff and their fight.

Adam needs to go. He is horrible at all the competitions and has ZERO game play...

I felt so bad for Jordan and even Rachel a little bit. Hopefully the Duo twist will put them back on top.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also someone that was unable to find out what went on about "health and safety" by Googling or using Bing. Mel , could you also please PM me the info.

Wow, Shelly.......what an awful example for your daughter. Sad.

I have been catching up with back episodes of The Glades and who should appear in a very minor role but Pinto, er Porsche. Checked the cast at the end and sure enough it was her. If anyone is interested it was Season 2, Episode 8, I think. Look fast, she's just in the opening before the credits.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said before, I have no problem with her switching to further herself in the game, but the way she went about it was wrong, and very hypocritical.

ETA: That said, what's happening on the internet right now regarding Shelly backlash is really horrible. No one's family, and especially kids, should ever be dragged into this 'game'.
    I couldn't agree more! It wasn't the fact that Shelly flipped on Jeff and Jordan, it was the WAY she did it! And when she got caught, she kept trying to turn it back around on Jeff instead of owning up to it, which made her look even worse (if that's possible). Her game play might have gotten her this far in the game, but it's all collapsing around her now and she'll end up with nothing because of it. And not only will she lose any chance she might have had at winning the money, she'll lose two people who honestly thought of her as a friend.

And I also agree about the death threats to Shelly's family, even her daughter. That's just unbelievable! Yes, Shelly's a snake and a liar, but that doesn't give ANYONE the right to threaten her family. And over a TV show? It's just craziness!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I'm also someone that was unable to find out what went on about "health and safety" by Googling or using Bing. Mel , could you also please PM me the info.
    I think what Mel might be referring to is the fact that when Jeff, Jordan, Rachel and...I can't remember who else were have nots and on slop, Porsche took it upon herself to pour Benefiber powder in the Muscle Milk protein shake mix that the have nots drank. And she poured A LOT in there. Not only could that have made someone very sick to their stomachs, but it also could have been really dangerous if any of them had any kind of allergies to the ingredients in Benefiber. I could be wrong, but I think people who have gluten allergies can't ingest things like Benefiber. But, Porshe didn't seem to care if she made anyone sick with her little stunt. Oh, and I should add that Dani and Kalia sat at the kitchen counter and watched Porsche do it, all the while laughing and giggling about it.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for clearing that up. Besides the effects that Porsche were probably going for if you have too much fiber with not enough fluid it can lead to very serious problems.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, thanks for explaining all that laprana!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up. Besides the effects that Porsche were probably going for if you have too much fiber with not enough fluid it can lead to very serious problems.
    Yes, and Pinto was just upset that BB wouldn't let her have any fun. She's a nice one, that girl. Friends with Janelle outside the game, so that says a lot to me.

I think what upset me more is that BB didn't make her fess up to the other house guests.

Also, Shelly/Kalia/Porsche/Dani were into taking and hiding things from other houseguests last week, main thing being Rachel's stuffed dog. They STILL haven't given it back, and lie when Rachel asks about it. What kills me is that when Rachel retaliated, BB made her put back what she had taken and tried to hide, which I believe was something of Dani's.
    Last edited by Melanie; 08-29-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I really, really, really wish Rachel would look at herself while Brendon is in the house and when he's gone, and then compare.

Crazy, irrational, clingy, whiny Rachel v. rational, calm, smart, almost tolerable Rachel. We like choice #2! That really is a toxic relationship. He's bad news!

Interesting show. On the feeds this week, no one could tell if she was being sincere in all her promises to J/R, but her diary room sessions revealed all tonight. She's a snake.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight's show was what I was referring to a couple of days ago. Between the twist, and the veto competition, there is no doubt who producers wanted to keep in the house.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight's show was what I was referring to a couple of days ago. Between the twist, and the veto competition, there is no doubt who producers wanted to keep in the house.
    Yes, NOW. Last week it was Dani. Producers/diary room obviously tried everything they could to get the houseguest swayed to her side, but they were one vote short (Adam).

This week is worked, but it wasn't guaranteed. Porsche didn't have to open Pandora's box, but she did on her own free will and that unleased the twist.

Post Thanks / Like

I really, really, really wish Rachel would look at herself while Brendon is in the house and when he's gone, and then compare.

Crazy, irrational, clingy, whiny Rachel v. rational, calm, smart, almost tolerable Rachel. We like choice #2! That really is a toxic relationship. He's bad news!

Interesting show. On the feeds this week, no one could tell if she was being sincere in all her promises to J/R, but her diary room sessions revealed all tonight. She's a snake.
    I couldn't have said it better! I'm actually finding myself rooting for Rachel, which is strange to say the least! But, since Brendon has been gone, she has been much more "normal" (for lack of a better word)...and much more tolerable! One thing that surprised me about her is that after she won the veto, she kept saying that she and Jordan won it. Even when Jordan repeatedly told her, "No, YOU won the veto, not me," Rachell still looked at it as a team competition and not an individual one. She easily could have turned her veto win into a power grab, telling Jordan that she should get to pick who goes home this week since she won, but she hasn't done anything like that. I was shocked! I realized last night that we haven't ever really seen Rachel play the game without Brendon being around until now. Last season she was voted out before him, and she was a train wreck the whole time. This season, she was a train wreck UNTIL he left (for good)! Those two definitely are not good for each other!

And I whole heartedly agree about Shelly. I was hoping she would reveal her true intentions in the DR on last night's show because she has been feeding so much bull to Jordan and Rachel since Rachel won the veto. I really hope they vote Shelly out tonight.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!

Post Thanks / Like

This week is worked, but it wasn't guaranteed. Porsche didn't have to open Pandora's box, but she did on her own free will and that unleased the twist.
    I think production knew it was almost a guarantee. I can't recall an instance where someone did not open Pandora's Box.

Jordan and Rachel have been having a really hard time deciding who they want to keep. Personally, I would like to see Adam go. I actually find Shelly more entertaining to listen to and watch. I haven't cared for Adam the entire season.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, I was sad to see Jordan go. Hmmmm...I guess now I'm rooting for Rachel?!? I never thought I'd be rooting for her to win the whole thing! I just hope it isn't Porsche!
    Laura

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: