Quantcast Hurricane Irene: Are you in its path? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Be safe everyone!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

To all my fellow east coasters, stay safe and please be smart! Hang in there everyone !!!!
    Lisa
    November 2013 GF
    September /October 2012 AoA
    August 2012 Pop
    November 2011 PORFQ
    May 2010 WL
    October / November 2008 PORFQ
    August 2007 PORFQ
    July 2006 WL
    October 2005 Pop
    August 2004 POR FQ
    October 2003 ASM
    June 2000 CS
    July 1999 CB
    May 1997 Off site
    June 1996 POR FQ

Post Thanks / Like

Stay safe everyone! Hopefully, Irene will lose some steam, but my old home of NJ/NY seems to be in for a bumpy ride. We'll see how New England fares later on tomorrow.

We left NYC today to come home to MA and it was a spooky scene. All mass transit at a standstill and signage on buses rewritten as "Hurricane Shelter" because these were the only areas they were serving.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

We were in Ocean City NJ for three weeks and our last day was supposed to be Saturday. Thursday night we were on the boardwalk and they were disassembling the ferris wheel and boarding up the shops! I knew then it was a good idea to leave early. We left very early Friday before the masses made their way out.

OC floods very easliy. One day we had only 1 hour of heavy rain and the roads were flooded over my knees so I can't imagine how much water they have today.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

How's everyone making out?

We lost power for about 7 hours, parts of our town have been evacuated, but we're high enough that flooding isn't an issue. So far the winds have been kind.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We're lucky so far as well! Flickering electricity (may go out later). Raining hard, some serious gusts of wind here. Supposedly a strong tropical strong now, but CNN has an interesting bar graph that shows when wind guests are in the Category 1 area.

I think we're going to luck out and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll keep electricity (my mother-in-law has already lost it though). It's ok if my work wants to lose electricity through tomorrow though
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

We were spared the worst of it. If we had been only a few more miles east, we would have been in a worse situation. We didn't lose power, but we had a very noisy night with some unrelenting wind for about 12 hours. Woke up to a sunny day and just a few downed trees in our neighborhood. Nothing major.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Things seem to be okay here. Apparently we've been hit with the worst of it so far. No lost power (hoping it stays that way) and no bad tree damage aside from some limbs here and there.

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well so far.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've been hearing the town I live in made out better than some of the towns around me. mostly what I've heard is trees down, power outages but nothing major around her. We lost some big limbs on our tree and our neighbor lost part of her fence but I think we escaped pretty unharmed.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

Things are OK for me in SJ. Sadly, there were some deaths, a girl got caught in flood waters and died.
    But for the most part, it was not as bad as forecasted. Some serious flooding in the Shore towns, but the winds damage seems less then anticipated.
    All in all, I am very thankful because I knew quite a few people who could've had a rough time, but thankfully are OK.

I survived a earthquake and a hurricane.....in the same week.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post

I survived a earthquake and a hurricane.....in the same week.

It certainly as been an interesting week!

We finally have our power back on- so glad to get my computer working again. Just heard that 1/3 the state of PA was without power during the storm.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

New Bern, NC here - only 50+ miles in from where the eye hit land at Cape Lookout NC. We were without power for a day and a 1/2 but were lucky with no flooding in our yard. Also for all the trees that dropped branches, none hit the house.
    Today and tomorrow have been and will be spent on debris clean up.

Hope everyone else fared well also.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

We only lost power for about an hour so we made out okay. DS didn't like the light going out in his room while he was sleeping so it was a long hour, but today was just beautiful.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that many of you have been spared the worse. My son was due to fly in to Boston on Sunday, but his flight from Heathrow, London was cancelled. His flight has been re-arranged for Wednesday and it does mean he will now have a shorter time there, but at least he will be safe and flying in better conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

My town in NJ across the River from NYC has about a foot of water in the streets but flooding here is normal in big rain storms. Over all the storm was a let down. Lost power last night, but the local Chili's had the Yankee Game on

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: