Quantcast Spirit Airlines?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spirit Airlines?

Hi All~
    How have your experiences been? Do they switch schedules like Airtran does? Do you know how much their seat choice charge is?
    They are gonna be flying from Chicago to Orlando starting in November - and wonder what folks here have enountered with them.
    Thanks!
    Mary Beth
    12 time since 1992 - recaptured the Magic in 2005 and yearly or more since then.
    Next up: Fall 2015?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a big fan of Spirit. They are perpetually late and are always switching schedules around. Given the choice, I would choose Airtran.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Leona View Post
    I am not a big fan of Spirit. They are perpetually late and are always switching schedules around. Given the choice, I would choose Airtran.
    Absolutely agree. We went to WDW in November on spirirt airlines, and was not pleased. Instead of the complimentary snacks that you get on most airlines, it was about $4 for all drinks and snacks! Then alcoholic drinks (beer wine etc.) were at least twice as much! Seats are also much closer together than on most other airlines. For our trip next week, we went with airtran as well
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Air Tran was recently purchased by Southwest, which has an excellent reputation in the travel industry.

Post Thanks / Like

Booked a trip on them to Puerto Rico last year and NEVER use them again. The flight was cheap, but there were unnecessary delays, the flight attendants are rude and the seats on the airplane were not comfortable at all.

Felt like I was cargo on the plane.....
    Holiday Villas (2000 & 2001)
    Parc Corniche (2002 & 2007)
    Comfort Inn Lake Buena vista (2008)
    Port Orleans Riverside (2009 & 2010)
    Pop Century Resort (2011 & 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

They reconfigured their seats and put in more smaller seats. No thanks. Flying is hard enough these days without the added stress of being totally crammed in this aircraft.

Also, they "charge" you for everything including bringing a carry-on. They may have changed that policy but when they implemented it last year people were up in arms.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

We flew AIrtran one-way on one of our trips and didn't have any problems with them. They don't fly non-stop from NJ to Orlando anymore, though, so we'll probably never fly them again.

I could put up with Spirit...we've had flight changes and stuff (just a few hours), and they really do nickel & dime you, and cram you in the airplane. BUT the convenience of flying out of little tiny Atlantic City airport more than makes up for all of that.

However, I'm finding that Spirit's prices, once you factor in all the fees for seat selection, baggage, carry-ons, isn't really that cheap at all.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely HATE Spirit Airline. I booked my flight months in advance, they changed my flight 3 TIMES!!. The woman who called me to tell me they were changing my flight had the nerve to tell me if it happens again they would have to charge me. Excuse me I did not ask to change the flight, that was you. Any way I also had a direct flight form NY to Orlando, and that got switched wich was hard because I had my sister with me who hates to fly period. Now I have to explain to her that we have to get off one plane, and wait to board another one. NEVER EVER AGAIN. (Even if they gave me the tickets for free)
    2001- off site
    2004- cbr
    2005- pops
    2006 - all star vacation homes
    2010-off site (holiday inn downtown disney)
    2013 por
    2016 cbr
    2019 por

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used Spirit because their last flight during the week is not late enough for me, but I have many family and friends that use them every trip to Orlando and wouldn't use any other airline.

They are not direct from AC to Orlando anymore? When did that happen?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    They are not direct from AC to Orlando anymore? When did that happen?
    Sorry to have confused you, Spirit is still nonstop from ACY to MCO, Airtran no longer flies nonstop from ACY to MCO (or anywhere else, I think).

I LOVE ACY and would LOVE it even more if there was a bigger competitor for Spirit in that airport.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    Sorry to have confused you, Spirit is still nonstop from ACY to MCO, Airtran no longer flies nonstop from ACY to MCO (or anywhere else, I think).

I LOVE ACY and would LOVE it even more if there was a bigger competitor for Spirit in that airport.
    No, It wasn't you, I read it wrong. Sorry.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We just flew Spirit back from LAX. If I can't afford the "Big Front Seat" I will NEVER fly Spirit again. The seats are so packed in that my knees hit the seat in front of me (I am 6ft 1 in - not that tall). At one point in the flight I was ready to go bezerk by feeling so packed in.

We left LA 2 hours late supposed to leave at 10:55 pm so it was not a busy time. Instead left at 1:00am without much more than a lame "sorry".

Bags were a max of 40 pounds at a cost of $30 each. To select seats was $11.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Another big thumbs-down for Spirit Airlines. I really dislike a company that hides so many costs and fees on you, trying to make it appear they have better prices than they do. They charge for checked bags, they charge for carry-on bags, they charge for seating, they charge for drinks, etc, etc. We also experienced a change in flight time and very mediocre service. I would only fly them again if it was the very last option for a very important trip. Go Airtran.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: