Quantcast halloween party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: halloween party

Post Thanks / Like

Default halloween party

Hi we're going to the halloween party for the first time. yeah. what kinds of costumes does everyone wear.
    thanks
    LYNN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

We are also going for the first time. I am thinking something light since it is still pretty hot when we are going.

I look forward to seeing the things people come up with.

Have a great trip!
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

Post Thanks / Like

There's a variety of things worn, mostly Disney-releated costumes, but the two big things are nothing scary (remember, it's supposed to be the "Not So Scary" party) and nothing that prevents you from seeing (completely covers the face). They would probably suggest nothing too revealing, but I'm never seen that at WDW so I don't know if it's an issue.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

we are going this year and I am making tshirt costumes. I am going as pooh, dh is going as Mickey, my aunt will be Snow White and my mom is gonna be Dopey.
    first trip 1976
    27 trips since and counting!

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

We are also going for our first time this year & I'm so excited. I want to wear some type of costume but I want to be comfortable. I've looked all over the internet for ideas but I haven't settled on an idea yet. I may just dress up like a mouseketeer (sp?). Can't get much easier than that. I can't wait to see the Halloween parade and the fireworks.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I agree with previous posts. Mostly Disney-related costumes. Both kids and grown-ups alike participate.

I have to say: the MNSSHP is probably our favorite event. You are going to LOVE it!!!!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

we will be there too. i am packing skull caps and eye patches. with the hoop earings of course. guess what my entire family of 7 are going to be ???? keep it simple because when they don't want to wear it anymore you want to be able to store it easily in your back pack

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

My family attened the past 3 years and we love it. We all dress up as something. We've been pirates, Buzz Lightyear, Princess, Zorrro, etc.

Of course all costumes should be appropriate in the family setting. And, like someone else said, you can't have your face completely covered.

My best advice though is to make sure it is something that is 1. easy to pack 2. not too hot 3. comfortable 4. doesn't require footwear that is going to make you regret it and finally 5. make sure it is not too bulky - we've seen people attempting to get on/off rides with bulky costumes and wondered what the heck they were thinking.

Have a great time. We are going to miss it this year and I am seriously depressed about it - but I can't complain since my wife should be having the baby on the week we would have been going!!!

Enjoy!!

Urbs
    Cresson, PA

Off Site - 76, 79, 82, 90
    Dixie Landings - 97
    Contemporary - 03
    ASM - 9/08
    PC 10/09 & 10/10
    FQ 11/12
    BW & CB 6/13
    Off Site (Parkway International) 9/13
    Shades of Green 9/14
    DCL (Wonder) 10/14
    AK Lodge & BW 5/15
    FW 9/15
    Shades of Green 3/16

Post Thanks / Like

You will love it. It's my favorite party of the year. The best costumes I ever saw were a whole family of fast passes. Mom, Dad, and kids all with cardboard hanging over their shoulders....complete with return times and everything. It must have been hard to get on some of the rides but it was very original.
    Every Sunday since 2003
    Rain or Shine
    Cold or Hot
    Once in a hurricane!
    Also, 2 time cast member.

Post Thanks / Like

It will be our first family vacation together (first Halloween Party for my son and I at MK). He is very into Star Wars. So he will be dressed up as Darth Vadar, I will be Leia, and my bf will be Han Solo.
    Desirée
    New Orleans, LA

Future Trip:
    DW: late May/early June 2012: Caribbean Beach

Past Trips:
    DW: 1986 - 1992: Poly, Cont, GF
    Disneyland: June 2010
    DW: July 2011: AS Sports
    DW: Sept/Oct 2011: Poly

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of pirates, Disney characters, french maids and haunted mansion type costumes. 2009 a lady came as a jellyfish (very good costume - probably rented) and her partner was a ray. Also had about a 65 or 70 yr. old lady come as Tinker Bell (no comment).

Last year a group of 7 or so Mouseketeers, complete with tap shoes and all. They were really good too, sang and danced.

If you come as a pirate, don't bring too real (metal) of a sword. It will end up in a locker at the old will call booth courtesy of Security.

Be sure and get a parade spot near the curb or rope so that at the end of the parade you can get your trick r treat bag out there for the candies.

Post Thanks / Like

You will see all kinds of costumes. The most original I ever saw was a woman who went as a painting. She carried a framed poster of The Scream that had a hole cut out where the face was and she stuck her own face in it. I imagine it got tiring to carry it around and she couldn't get it on rides, though.

My friend and I did some simple costumes for our first MNSSHP: Minnie & Daisy. We wore golf-style shirts (red for Minnie, a pastel for Daisy) and I made us very basic polka-dotted skirts in the coordinating colors. My friend added black tights & shoes & ears, and I added yellow tights (and made simple felt "duck feet" that fit over my shoes and a vintage Daisy hat (with the plastic bill). DH & DD2 were Beast (pants & button down & I made a purple cape & Beast mask) & Belle (store bought). DS & friend were Blues Brothers.

The next time, DH & DS did t-shirt costumes & DD & I were princesses (store bought)

Post Thanks / Like

I went to MNSSHP in 2006 as Hines Ward.
    That was the fall after Hines was the Superbowl MVP. So I wore my Official Superbowl XL Locker Room Hat and Tee Shirt. And I had a big candy ring.
    (That was my Superbowl Ring)
    I had my parents there and we all had a great time Trick or Treating in the Magic Kingdom.

Post Thanks / Like

we dressed up as bride and groom as we were on our Engagement trip....

watching people in costumes was awesome!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the great ideas me, my son, and my mom have decided to be pirates with plastic swords. very simple and easy to put in a backpack when done with it. only 69 days left
    LYNN

Post Thanks / Like

Last year my boys were 3 & 1 so I bought those cute long-sleeve tees from Children's Place that showed a skeleton with candy in his tummy and let them wear their normal shorts and shoes. They had a blast (although the 1yo didn't last too long), the older one lasted though the fireworks and had a great time chasing down Goofy balloons!

Post Thanks / Like

I am probably going to dress up this year. I am either going to go as a pirate (I want to get something for my cruise in Feb, so then I could get more use out of it), or I may go as a Gryffindor student from Harry Potter (I already have the outfit).
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

from my experience it's personal preference, some ppl go big some ppl don't wear much of a costume at all. i've worn a pumpkin, and a ninja costume in the past.
    Poly GVC 11/04
    BC 09/05
    WL/Disney Wonder 5/06
    Poly LVC 09/06
    AKL club/WLvillas Jan/Feb 07
    CR/&Poly LVC 11/07
    Poly/LVC 08/08
    Poly LVC 03/ 09
    HHI 7/09
    Poly LVC Aug 09
    Poly Club 4/10
    Poly 8/10
    DL Hotel 8/10
    Poly 9/10
    CR/Poly Easter '11
    Vero/Poly 7/11
    DL 8/11
    10/11 MNSSHP
    FUTURE CP

Post Thanks / Like

This year we're attending our 3rd MNSSHP. From my experience the most important thing is comfort. It will be hot. You will walk a lot. You will want to be able to ride rides. With that in mind I highly recommend a costume that could be incorporated with shorts and a t-shirt. This year we are doing a family safari theme. My boys will have decorated t-shirts (lion & giraffe) plus ears and tails. My husband and I will be on safari with cargo shorts, fisherman's vest, and straw hat. We have a child's canteen and binoculars for props.

One year we just wore Disney themed Halloween tees. There are lots of really cute ones on Etsy.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: