Quantcast Reviews...please!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reviews...please!

We always try to get ADRs for places we haven't tried, so our upcoming trip we have ADRs for The Wave and Coral Reef.

Today I've been seeing really bad reviews on both. Could anyone who's eaten at either (or both) recently please give a review so I can either plan to change the ADR at the 11th hour or feel better about keeping them.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Can not say anything about The Wave, but, we have eaten at Coral Reef on several times and love it! My DD11 loves the atmosphere and we have been able to sit right next to the aquarium. I always order the NY Strip and have never been disappointed, plus the Creamy Lobster Soup is really good. We have always had really good food & service while dining there. Hope this helps
    Disneyland Christmas 2015
    Contemporary & Pop July 2011
    French Quarter June 2010
    WL June 2009
    CBR June 2008
    ASMovies July 2007
    POR June 2006
    FW May 1996
    Orange Lake Country Club May 1988
    Poly September 1986
    CR October 1972

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at Coral Reef last Monday. I have to say my least favorite meal of the whole trip. DW and I went over 15 years ago and she loved it back then. She insisted on going this trip, even after I told her about the bad reviews, so we made the ADR. The food was ok, but really just ok. The best thing we ordered was my son's steak.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten at both. We are in the "do not like' column for Coral Reef. We've had 2 really bad experiences there with food and service, and it's actually the only DIsney restaurant we won't go back to. We've also eaten at The Wave, and enjoyed it. It's not a must-do for us, but I wouldn't hesitate to go back again in the future.

But even with our own experiences with Coral Reef, it might sound odd, but you should probably try it. There are lots of people who love it there. And the truth is, if all the experiences there were like ours, they'd have been out of business years ago!! They must be doing things right for most people. So give it a try and see what YOU think.

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at The Wave on Saturday, July 16. Our server was not as attentive as at some other places but was not horrible either. The food was okay but I qualify this with that it's a matter of tastes - we are a simple family who prefer fairly straight-forward dishes and they way the food is prepared is a bit too fancy for us.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to give mixed reviews for both. We had an excellent meal at The Wave and an okay meal. We've had both excellent and mediocre meals at Coral Reef. I'm also not sure what the deal is with the host/ess staff at this establishment but they are some of the unfriendliest I've encountered at Disney World.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten at Coral Reef and have ALWAYS had a great experience. We ate there this past May and would not hesitate to eat there again.

Never eaten at The Wave but sure others can tell you about their feelings about the place.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

I've eaten at the Wave and it's a must do for a return trip. As some people stated earlier its a little bit fancy (the food not the environment.) and the menu changes frequently so no one can recommend one dish in particular. I had Saspiralla Braised Pork which was incredible. Their dessert trios are fun. They have very very very strong french pressed coffee if you are into that. They keep their food fresh never frozen (that's what we were told don't know if it's the truth.) and try to be as sustainable as possible. I enjoyed the Wave so much that every time some one mentions it on here I'm fast to sing it's praises.

If you like to try something a little different this is definitely a great place to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Wave

I've only been to the Wave - excellent service, however, I did not care for the food but I am a 'meat and potatoes' kind of girl. My husband and son, who both have much more adventurous palates and love to try new foods, absolutely loved the food.

Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef has been disappointing to us lately. They've removed the entrees that we thought were absolutely fantastic from their menu. However, the lobster bisque is still fabulous and we continue to stop in for lunch to enjoy the soup.

I have not eaten at the Wave, so I cannot offer any opinions on that restaurant yet.
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We love love love coral reef. We were there in February and it was amazing as always. Even if you don't like seafood. Try the jack Daniels mousse or the wave chocolate cake for dessert
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!
    I guess I'll leave them like they are let you know when we get back how it was
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: