Quantcast Roger Rabbit Character

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roger Rabbit Character

Is Roger Rabbit ever out at WDW? The times we have visited the parks since the character existed, I don't think we have ever seen him out (meet and greet, pictures, etc.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually he had been out and about before, but it's been many years. He was sort of the ambassador/host I guess you could say for the 20th anniversary of WDW. Best thing to do if you're looking for pics of that time would be to look for exactly that, the 20th anniversary of WDW. Since then, I've not seen him b/c there's no attractions featuring him in any way shape or form.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm under the impression that since "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" was produced with assistance from Steven Spielberg (Amblin Entertainment), Steven has some say so about where, when, and how much the character is used. That's been the prevailing rumor for a while anyway. Whether or not that's true is unknown to me. It is very peculiar the way that Roger is used by Disney. For example, there is a giant Roger Rabbit at PoP Century and a ride based on the movie at Disneyland's Toontown, but Roger is never seen as a meet and greet character at the parks nowadays, and he was removed from Spectro Magic and replaced by Genie in 2001 (Roger was the conductor on the float with Goofy and the harp for ten years). It makes me curious about the circumstances surrounding the character.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

We got a rare treat when we went in early Dec. '95. It was chilly, jacket weather and there were about 15 of the charactors in a courtyard at MGM with only about 30 other kids. My DD was running from one charactor to another like mad but she kept going back to hug Roger like an old friend. I remember him being very tall. Maybe it was the ears. Now were is that VHS tape.....oh no...where is the VHS player?
    ...doesn't matter what you thought of him, he was your partner and you are supposed to do something about it. Sam Spade

Post Thanks / Like

RR was also the original "host" for Spectro when it debuted in 1991. You should be able to find some video of it on YouTube.

I know, I know..."it's just not the same..."...LOL
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: