Quantcast Have you ever wondered.....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever wondered.....

How many families have you in their vacation pictures?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny. We were just watching a video from 2004, the first WDW trip m y now DH and I took together. He filmed EVERYTHING and I started thinking how many families are in our video. Little girls who are now teens, teens who are now adults (we were 18 and 20 at the time). DH went the morbid route and wondered aloud if anyone in the video was now dead

Did you ever see the news story where a husband and wife were looking at old WDW photos and the husband recognized his father in the background of one of the wife's photos, long before they ever knew each other!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

a bunch of people have pictures of me and Corbin Bleu in front of the american pavilian. A few years ago dh and I did a solo trip and he was there doing the Disney games or something like that. I was walking along and I felt someone bump into me but thought nothing of it. All of a sudden all these people were snapping pics. I thought why are all these people taking my picture (duh!). Then I turned just in time to see him slip inside a closed off area in the pavilian. There must be a few photos of him and I out there. DH didn't know who he was so he didn't tell me he was next to me. He was with a few cm but I was so fixed on something else I didn't notice him until after he bumped into me.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

That is a VERY interesting question! I average 1500+ pictures a trip, so I can just imagine...
    Holiday Villas (2000 & 2001)
    Parc Corniche (2002 & 2007)
    Comfort Inn Lake Buena vista (2008)
    Port Orleans Riverside (2009 & 2010)
    Pop Century Resort (2011 & 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's a question worth pondering! Ha!
    Also do you ever wonder about the people in your pictures? We just got back from Disney earlier this month and were looking at our photopass pics online. We had a really nice family pic on main street and there was this really tall woman standing right next to us. It almost looks like she is supposed to be in our family she's standing so close. I was like what??? LOL did she not see us all posed for a picture there? Everyone else-other people- were off in the background walking or whatever. It's funny. Also because we are family of short people so to have this tall person in our picture. I think people are so oblivious to what's going on around them at times.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

This same topic was brought up a few years ago on another disney fan site. On that site members posted pictures to try and see if anyone showed up in other members pictures. I believe that at least one person was in another member's photo.

I often wonder why so many background people in our pictures look so grumpy. Honestly, about 75% of people in our pictures don't look happy at all!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Funny! It would be great to see pictures of our family caught in the background - totally different perspective.

buzznwoodysmom - now I've got to take a look at ours to see how people look. Maybe they're not really grumpy, just hot, or thinking of where to go next?

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many pictures I am in of other people, too! Not only in WDW, but near work as well, since I work in one of the tourist-y areas of Philly and there always people stopping in front of me to snap pictures!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I know there is one group that I made sure I was in their pix. Every time I took a picture, they'd walk into it. So I started doing the same to them! I hope they like me....
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Did you ever see the news story where a husband and wife were looking at old WDW photos and the husband recognized his father in the background of one of the wife's photos, long before they ever knew each other!
    There was a little more to that story. His father was pushing a stroller containing...you guessed it... HIM! And his future wife was in the foreground of the picture.
    Last edited by Ed; 07-02-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: typo
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yep. We have that conversation a lot, actually. In fact, when I notice someone taking a photo and see that I'm going to be in it I'll often smile or wave or make a funny face or something.

I figure it'll give them one of those, "Oh look at that!" moments when they get home.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize right now for any of you who may have a goofy looking Marine making the peace sign in their pics. Sometimes I can't control the hubby.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny you brought this up. My brother and his fiancee are getting married in Disney World next weekend and they are putting together a collage of childhood Disney vacation pictures.While we were looking through them last week my very soon to be sister in law said it would be funny if our families found each other in our snap shots.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: