Quantcast If you had one bit of advice, what would it be? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Many people have said to get there early and take an afternoon break....we are just the opposite! We are not morning people so we like to take our time and get to the parks around lunch time. This is when those early morning people are leaving to take their break! We go get fast passes for those rides that need them and then enjoy our day. It is so nice not to have to leave the park, go back to the resort and then have to come back. All that traveling seems like a waste of time to us! We have never had any problems getting on any rides with Fastpasses or by waiting in line. We love to stay until close to see the fireworks too!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One other tip....spend an entire day in World Showcase! Stroll through each country, taking in everything....whether you think you would like it or not! You may be pleasantly surprised!! Take in the movies, watch the performers, shop in the stores, gaze at the architecture, talk to the CMs in each country, eat and drink the many wonderful selections at each country and absorb all the culture! Most people spend little time actually exploring and appreciating each country, but it is so worth it!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been an adults only couple for a few years now. A few years ago, we took my inlaws with us. As we were walking down Main Street, the 80 something inlaws in front of us, DH nudged me and pointed to his parents. They were holding hands. We noticed that they did this thru out the entire trip and now we hold hands all the time.
    It was so sweet seeing this eldery couple that had been married for 50+ years, walking down Main Street holding hands.
    Every once in a while, reach for your sweetie's hand. Have fun!
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I have too many tips to limit it to just one

Wear comfortable shoes. Wear sunscreen and/or a hat. Nothing will ruin the trip quicker than sore feet or a sunburn.

Get to the parks before they open. You stand a much better chance of hitting major attractions while the lines aren't too long if you are there at rope drop.

If you have ADRs inisde a park, try to plan your day around that park. It takes a while to get around WDW even if you have your own car. Do not underestimate how long bus rides can be. I think a lot of time gets wasted this way.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Three words...Share Dole Whips!

Enjoy your trip!!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your wedding! If you enjoy a good steak, you must try Shulas Steakhouse in the Dolphin Resort. Best steak on Disney property IMO.
    The Grand Marnier Slushie is a must have whenever we pass by the France pavilion in EPCOT.
    Enjoy Yourselves!!
    Jim aka PrincessASquared's Daddy ș0ș

DVC Owners as of August 1, 2007 at SSR!!
    2007 SSR
    2008 SSR

2008 - SSR
    2009 POP/BC
    2009 SSR
    2010 POP/OKW

2010 OKW
    2011 POP/BWV

Upcoming Trips
    2011 OKW
    2012 POP/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

We try to see fireworks every night.
    The new Memories show on the castle is great.
    Illuminations from Rose and Crown or from La Hacienda. Get those reservations!
    Segway tour.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I guess my best piece of advice is do what YOU want to do! The first two trips we took were consumed by trying to do it all. Now that we've been a few times, we concentrate on the experiences that make US happy. DS loves meeting characters, so we make sure to do that as much as possible, even though it is time-consuming. I love the special event parties, so we try to fit one in during a visit whenever possible. DH likes the rollercoasters, so we have to try to get on each of them at least once every trip!
    We may not ride every ride, see the parades, catch all the shows, eat at every great restaurant, or stay for the fireworks, but that's okay! We can do it next time if we feel like it!

Tess

poly07

poly08
    pop09
    popChristmas09
    contemporaryJune10
    wlOctober10
    wlChristmas10
    polyMay11
    wlOctober11
    bcJune12
    dreamThanksgiving12
    bcJune13

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm...:
    • - It never hurts to ask. ...whether you can wait for the next train (or Soarin' flight) for front (or middle). ...whether you can take your Starring Roles desserts and coffees into Beauty and the Beast (you can!)
    • The Monorail Resorts have some great snacks and drinks and breakfasts that MK itself doesn't. The Epcot Resorts have some great finds too (Beaches and Cream, Boardwalk Bakery). These can be fun, calm mini-escapes.
    • We fell in love with Narcoosee's during the Water Pageant and Fireworks. If you haven't been, and are doing a nice evening out, my advice would be to consider it. There was something nice about dining while seeing Mainstreet and the Mountains accross the water. There was also something quite nice about heading to late night EMH afterwards a bit dressed up, taking things slowly.
    • There's something to be said for accomplishing a ton in the mornings. ...even the waterparks feel more manageable when they first open.
    • There's also something to be said for reconnecting with a long-forgotten "cheesy" attraction; it's nice not to pass all those up in favour of the bigger name ones.

...Those are five that come to mind!

Enjoy!!! (I guess that's the big one!)
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

for me....the best advice is to not try to do everything. you won't. it's impossible. just relax and make sure you have a great time.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

My advice for everyone is to use the first day to explore your home resort, no matter how many times you've been, then begin with the Magic Kingdom on your first full day, and finally, on your last full day, end your trip with the Magic Kingdom as well.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know how hard it is to ask for just one piece of advice? Judging by the responses, you can see it's almost impossible to come up with just one.

Should it be general information? Specifically something that you think others won't mention? Or the most important thing to you on a trip? Ahh, the dilemmas...

Okay, I am going to go with a general piece of advice. Partly because I have not yet seen it in this thread and partly because I think specifics might not mean as much to you as they do to me. I'll type it now so I don't get started and wind up mentioning six different things.

Use photopass.

I just got my CD from this last trip. We love it. I was able to carry a small point and shoot instead of lugging around my large expensive camera. No worries about it getting broken or lost. We sought out photographers and mugged for them. If you prepay (a tip I picked up here, thank you very much), you save money. You can go in and edit the pictures, doing things like adding borders, and you can save every changed picture as a new picture so you never lose the original, and all of the pictures are on your CD, no matter how many you have. Pictures are the most powerful tools for memories to me, so make sure to get lots of them.
    DD is headed back this summer for a 2nd tour as a CP Intern!
    Time to renew our annual passes.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Began with day trips in 70's
    Too many trips to count

Post Thanks / Like

If you like soarin try to get to epcot early so you can get a fastpass they go quick.
    Brittany

I Love Disney

been 23 times 24th is coming soon!!:)

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Be spontaneous.

Create your itinery, and include all of your ADRs, shows you want to see, etc. THEN, make a mental note that your entire itinerary is subject to change at a moment's notice, except for those ADRs for the hard-to-get-into restaurants. Check out all of the live entertainment throughout the parks.

Find a nice place to sit, relax, have a snack, people watch, and soak up the atmosphere.

Let Disney Transport plan a day. By that I mean, go to the bus stop and take the first theme park bus that comes along. You'll be amazed at the fun you'll have.

Spend some time exploring POP Century. It really is a nostalgia trip.

As you can tell from my tips, I'm not one of those people who is not constantly running from one attraction to another.

Above all, HAVE FUN!!!
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know, just go and enjoy being at WDW together. No rushing, no expectations, just have fun and love one another at the happiest place on Earth. When I think of past vacations to WDW, it is never what I did....it's who I was with when I did the special thing. Examples, my daughter's face on Aladdin's Magic Carpets. Just a thrilled 2 year old little girl flying on a carpet with a huge smile on her face. My son's expression coming down the hill of Splash Mountain. Hands up, mouth open and screaming. My son crying last year as we exited the MK on our last night of vacation. He cried and I asked him what was bothering him. He said, "I don't want to leave. I love it here". Well, 8 days after vacation ended, I had my next vacation booked. Thise are the things that you remember, and will cherish. Have a great time.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

Your first trip together, but not your last. Plan to go again someday, that way if you miss something, it's no big deal. You can do it next time!
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

My advice is never be there at rope drop! I've been going since 1971 and never done rope drop. Rope drop is for tourists who are afraid they'll miss something, so they rush through everything. SLOW DOWN, don't rush or push, and don't use a mental checklist to see how many attractions you can do in the first hour.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best Intercot tips that I have received is to take one or two gallon-sized Ziplock bags for the water rides and for the occasional rain storm. Use this for your camera and anything that you don't want to get wet.

You might also want to schedule a behind the scenes tour of one of the parks- something that you wouldn't be able to do with kids for a while.

(I know this tip is kind of lame compared to all of the romantic advice you've gotten!)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    My advice is never be there at rope drop! I've been going since 1971 and never done rope drop. Rope drop is for tourists who are afraid they'll miss something, so they rush through everything. SLOW DOWN, don't rush or push, and don't use a mental checklist to see how many attractions you can do in the first hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't you go to rope drop and get the big rides out of the way so you have more time to slowly tour the rest of the park slowly?
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Share This Thread On Social Media: