Quantcast FP and Soarin'

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: FP and Soarin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP and Soarin'

20 days and countin'!! I've read that the unwritten word is FP are valid anytime after window opens, but heard not true on Soarin'. Anyone have troubles??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean? I guess I don't understand. What window are you talking about? FPs are valid for the time indicated on the pass. But I might not understand your question. Sorry if I didn't.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

If I understand you correctly, Illinois Belle, you're saying that Fast Passes for other rides allow you to arrive within the appointed time range of the pass or after that time range has elapsed (e.g.: if the fast pass says 12:25 p.m. to 1:25 p.m. you can arrive and use the Fast Pass anytime that day after 12:25 p.m.)...but that Soarin' Fast Passes are good only during that time range?.

I've never actually tested that myself to be able to say one way or another. I've always made sure to arrive within the time range on the Fast Pass, assuming that it would expire after that time range elapsed.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    What do you mean? I guess I don't understand. What window are you talking about? FPs are valid for the time indicated on the pass. But I might not understand your question. Sorry if I didn't.
    It is very common practice for cast members to allow you to use your fast pass after the window (time indicated on the FP). Never before the start time, but after and only on the same day. It is very likely if you miss your 'window', you can still use your fast pass. - It is my understanding that this practice is not considered cheating or breaking any rules, it is just what they do, a little bit of Disney grace.

To the original poster, I have not tried this at Soarin', but maybe someone will come along who has.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

We did this last fall. We went back to POR for some R&R and by the time we made it back to Soarin' it was about an hour past our FP window. No problem. When we approached the CM I asked if we could still use them and she did not blink an eye, just waved us in.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

This is true. We learned this on our trip in 09. A cast member handed us fp's for Peter Pan's Flight and we said thank you. When we looked down at the time it was expired. So my DH went back to the cm and told her. She then told my husband as long as its past the time slot on the ticket you can still use them. So we have been doing this ever since. My DH thinks he finally figured out how to "work" disney and be able to do everything in one day. LOL
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Last week was our first family trip and my first time in well over a decade. So I was new to FP and Soarin' was our first time using them. When I asked about them, to make sure we were doing it correctly, the CM told me I could use it any time all day. So I really do think that they really only care about the "start" time.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone, that's kinda what I was thinking. Doing so much research, I thought I read somewhere that at Soarin' they were picky about timing. just double checking.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have read that during extremely busy times, the "long line" rides like Soarin' and TSMM may be subject to strict enforcement. Since I have never been during such a time, I cannot confirm that.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I too have read that during extremely busy times, the "long line" rides like Soarin' and TSMM may be subject to strict enforcement. Since I have never been during such a time, I cannot confirm that.
    That's the only time I've seen them turn away late fastpasses before. If the line is too long they sometimes will not let you use them.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried that but if that is the case, and since you can get an additional FP after the current one's time starts, you can just collect them, and at the end of the evening just do one huge magical fast past tour of your favorite rides...
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Epcot during Mardi Gras/early spring break time this year and it was pretty busy. We were still able use or Soarin' FPs after our window had "expired," but it was only about 30 minutes later.

We use FPs way past the window at MK all the time,and have never had a problem with them being accepted.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: