Quantcast Kids area???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Kids area???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kids area???

I am planning a cruise with neighbors for next year. We have kids around the same age. At the time of the cruise their son will be 11 and mine will be 10. The Disney Fantasy has a tween area for kids 11-13. Does anyone know how strict they are with the ages? Can the 11 year old go in the Oceaneers Lab or can the 10 year old go in the Edge? Thanks in advance.
    23 Trips in 21 Years, Including 5 Disney Cruises, From Chicago
    Hopefully DisneyLAND summer 2014!
    DVC Member

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try to answer your question. When we last cruised (unfortunately that was a few years ago ), they were strict with not allowing kids who were not of age into the tween/teen club. I think it may well boil down to just how close your 10 year old will be to their 11th birthday. If they're only a month or two away, there might be leeway. If it's more, the 11 year old can certainly join them in the Oceaneer's Lab. And from the pics I've seen of the Lab on the Dream, it's certainly not a bad place to be at all! To my old eyes, it looks to be even more fun than what I've seen of The Edge.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the 11 year old going into the lab would be more acceptable than the 10 year old going into the Tween area. It also depends on how mature your 10 year old is.

When I cruised last my boys were 13 and they had just changed the age of the teen club from 13 to 14. We travelled with a boy who was 14 and although my boys wanted to go to the teen club with him, and they had received permission from the teen counsellors to go, they felt better in tween club as they were just not quite mature enough for the Teen Scene. I assume the same would be true for your 10 year old.
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the responses. We are having a "planning" meeting with our friends tonight and this will be good news for the boys.
    23 Trips in 21 Years, Including 5 Disney Cruises, From Chicago
    Hopefully DisneyLAND summer 2014!
    DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

They can definitely go to the Oceaneers.. going up it a bit more individualized decision, depending on who you get. My dd is 11 1/2. We cruised in Nov 09 and she would not go to the kids club at all, not even for a second, although her younger sister went with no problem, loving it, begging for more. Move forward 18 months... 11 1/2 year old wants to try the club, but ONLY if she can go with her 9 year old sister. We just cruised April 10-17. Since he had no desire to go to the tween club, they just registered her for the oceaneers club/lab and even gave her the bracelet. I did give her check in and out privileges, but she would still have them call for me to come get her(which was fine with me). She did very much love the oceaneers lab.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: