Quantcast Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That whole fish thing was crazy....I mean, come on, wouldn't it be better to just eat the fish and let your team have some protein??

And I really am not liking this whole, crazy Phillip thing...TOO over the top for me, but, it is comic relief
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say it was the most explosive TC ever, as Jeff Probst had been pushing last night's show, but it did involve a hot button issue and I like how Jeff kept up a dialogue without letting it get really ugly. Phillip was making a big leap, I think, but in the end it wasn't Phillip or Steve to go. I was surprised that it seemed to come out of nowhere because they didn't show us any reason that the vote was headed that way.

I think it was Julie's comment at last TC that did her in, when she called Rob out for running a cult. I was hoping Phillip would be the one, though. He was amusing me, but I really don't want to see him make it to the end. At least, they have started showing the Ponderosa segments on the Survivor CBS website. I love those.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Let me first say that I was VERY happy to see Julie go after that incredibly childish and immature stunt she pulled with Phillips bathing suit (or "swim trunks" if you prefer lol). I thought that was just pathetic and basically confirmed the complete and total lack of class I had already attributed to her. Good riddance to a poor sport.

As far as the Phillip/Steven drama here's the thing ... PHILLIP IS PUTTING ON AN ACT!!! It's all for show. He didn't really think it was racist or whatever. That was just his schtick that he pulled. He's playing the nutcase in the hopes it will get him noticed or make him valuable from an end game standpoint. At least that's how I see it anyway.

I have to say, too, that I was impressed at the way Probst handled it at TC. He was very calm and skilled in his approach. Made me respect him a bit more.

Go Rob and Grant!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, I totally agree about Julie. It was a Russell move if ever there was, and completely unnecessary-- and cruel to us, the viewers, who have to see Phillip stay in the pink tighties.

Also, agree that Phillip is putting it on, but that was a bit much. What's the strategy there? To get to the end, and not win any votes? It's not a good move. So I think he might actually be a little crazy, too. Not as much as he puts on, but not quite as rational as most people, maybe? He does have me wondering about him, also that kind of thing tends to backfire.

I do like Grant. Rob, not a fan, but he's still playing with people who seem to be just handing it all to him, so I can't blame him for working it to his advantage. I hope they send him packing soon, though. I don't really like any of them for the win at this point, but any one of them makes a gutsy move to take out Rob and I will be all for them.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The thing about Rob is that you can't let him get this deep or it becomes hard to get rid of him. He's pretty good in the challenges (especially the puzzles and there seem to be a lot of those recently), plus he still has the idol.

If Grant wants to make a play (and he's the only one I see with enough "game" to do it) he probably needs to do it this week or next.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Go Rob and Grant!
    Ditto.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Ian, I totally agree about Julie. It was a Russell move if ever there was, and completely unnecessary-- and cruel to us, the viewers, who have to see Phillip stay in the pink tighties.
    Even Russell said to Sandra later that her burning his hat in the fire was a good move, it threw him off his game.

We saw Phillip for what 10-15 minutes of air time and he bugged the heck out of me, so I can'gt imagine what it would be like being around him 24/7. Phillip said himself he was going to take the Zapetera rice container whenever he wanted, so frankly I think Julie basically said enough is enough and did a childish thing. Personally, I laughed and it was strategic too. If she were to get Phillip to go off even more, maybe his alliance finally says enough is enough. I was fine with the stunt.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

To me a hat is much different than your pants, though. I mean maybe it's just justification, because I find Julie so annoying in the first place, but forcing someone to go without their hat ... eh. They'll live. Forcing them to spend 5-10 days out in the jungle in your undies?? That's something different.

And just think about his poor tribemates and what they have to suffer with!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

And just think about his poor tribemates and what they have to suffer with!
    That would be the only thing I'd feel bad about - subjecting my fellow tribemates to that horror. I thought it was funny. Sorry. He threatened others not to leave their things unattended or there would be consequences, so he should have taken the same care.

I don't care who wins this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Sorry. He threatened others not to leave their things unattended or there would be consequences, so he should have taken the same care.
    I may have missed it, but didn't he do that after Julie hid his bathing suit?

I know he talked about mixing their rice in with the Zaps' rice if they didn't carry the jar around with them, but I don't remember him specifically saying anything about messing with their stuff until after the fact.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I may have missed it, but didn't he do that after Julie hid his bathing suit?

I know he talked about mixing their rice in with the Zaps' rice if they didn't carry the jar around with them, but I don't remember him specifically saying anything about messing with their stuff until after the fact.
    Could be. But he was thinking it.

I really don't care. I thought it was funny.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like Julie. Phillip is just over the top and really, really needs to go. His tirades are getting old, whether fake or real. I applauded Julie for hiding his shorts even though seeing him without them was . I don't think she should have admitted it at TC though. I think that got her voted off but even with that, if I were her would have taken it to RI with me. I wouldn't be surprised if she beats the other two at RI.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

We're watching the same show over and over and over. It's like Groundhog day!

Now these folks will be forced to turn on each other and it COULD get interesting, but problem is, I don't like ANY of them.

I'm convinced they sped up these eliminations (2 per episode twice) because the producers knew what a snoozer it would be for many. Believe me, I'm not alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

We're watching the same show over and over and over. It's like Groundhog day!

Now these folks will be forced to turn on each other and it COULD get interesting, but problem is, I don't like ANY of them.

I'm convinced they sped up these eliminations (2 per episode twice) because the producers knew what a snoozer it would be for many. Believe me, I'm not alone.
    I'm with you there- predictable! Let's see what happens when they finally turn on each other, and yes, I don't like anyone much. Rob is playing, the rest are following, missing good chances to make big moves. I hate when that happens. If someone makes a smart move soon, I'll feel better. Steve laid it out and made a good try for some kind of shakeup. I think the one who returns from RI has the best shot at this point.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grrr

Stupid "we are going to show radar and do weather coverage for hours on end" on every channel last night, no Survivor here...may have to try to catch it online...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Stupid "we are going to show radar and do weather coverage for hours on end" on every channel last night, no Survivor here...may have to try to catch it online...
    They have it up at the CBS Survivor site. Worth watching. Even if you do end up shouting "But YOU are NOT Amber!" at the screen.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I love the season. Phillip is very interesting. Julie. Yeah...I thought it was pretty funny...it did throw him off. Apparently she didn't hide them all THAT well. AND...she didn't burn them...just hid them where a determined fellow will find them (maybe that's a lesson to him to wear them more often )

I'd LOVE to see Grant go to the end...but...I have my doubts unless he can tackle immunity. Who DOESN'T like Grant he seems really sweet and H-O-T He could make an awesome "Tarzan". Lots of people don't like Rob (sorry...but I still have LOTS of Rob love left. He's playing like a champion). I'm just going to hate to see Rob take ANY of the girls.

Taking Phillip...well that's almost a no brainer. I don't think he's gonna win but he's definately setting himself up for the final 3.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Andrea was voted off? Wow, what a huge suprise! Didn't see that coming.

Now, what are those other two girls' names that are still there?

Mike------>stupid move on the relative thing. Being out there must really mess with your head if he thinks he's going to get any kind of repayment from Rob and his posse. Ha!

And I just can't get past Grant's resemblence to the Geico caveman. Can't get past it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Mel, I say this with love but your insights into these shows always crack me up. Only you would get hung up on his looking like the Geico caveman!

I'm enjoying this season as much as any in recent memory. I actually am enjoying seeing a tribe finally be smart and stick together all the way instead of falling for the old, "Come over to our side and we'll take you to the finals!" line.

I also think there's some sneakiness left in this crew. I can almost guarantee that both Grant and Phillip have no intention of letting Rob cruise all the way to the end. I'd be willing to bet that in the next episode or two you'll see one or maybe even both of them make some type of power move.

But I gotta tell ya, Rob looks like he's on a mission to me. He's going to be tough to beat. Does anyone besides me find it a little odd, though, that he's talking about winning this million dollars for his family ... almost as though they're struggling to put food on the table or something? Excuse me, but didn't your wife win a million dollars not all that long ago???
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, I say this with love but your insights into these shows always crack me up. Only you would get hung up on his looking like the Geico caveman!
    But he does! I actually expect him to grunt every time we hear him speak (which isn't often with the edit Rob and Phillip are getting).

I'm enjoying this season as much as any in recent memory. I actually am enjoying seeing a tribe finally be smart and stick together all the way instead of falling for the old, "Come over to our side and we'll take you to the finals!" line.
    We differ so much on this. Boring. Boring. Boring. The only reason I'm still watching is because it's Survivor, and I'm a loyal watcher.

Does anyone besides me find it a little odd, though, that he's talking about winning this million dollars for his family ... almost as though they're struggling to put food on the table or something? Excuse me, but didn't your wife win a million dollars not all that long ago???
    Yeah. Please. And I thought his own statement of "I've been trying to do this for 10 years" was hilarious. Yeah dude, EPIC PERSONAL FAIL if you don't do it this time with all the chances you've gotten.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: