Quantcast Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I'm still laughing over last night's show. What an idiot!
    Really, really good at individual challenges. Check. Get back in the game. Check. Have merge that can be to my advantage. Check. Former tribemates acting friendly and could use me on their side. Check. Cute chick still mooning over me. Check. Last chore, tell Boston Rob that I'm thinking about going to the dark side. Check. Wow, they voted me out??? Even the cute chick? Oh, man.
    This nutcase will probably get back in the game again and still find someway to shoot himself in the foot.
    Your words echo my thoughts exactly. I couldn't believe how dumb Matt was last night. I was rooting for him in the beginning, but I just don't hold out any hope for the kid, even though he is awesome in the challenges.

We thought it was odd that the RI duel would involve using your feet, and Matt with a cut foot that would possibly put him at a disadvantage.

I do get irritated with Rob's smug smile and nasty comments about his fellow competitors. Yeah, yeah... we know you're the smartest person in the game, so dial it down a bit.
    Just Jill.......

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Phillip is really reminding me of Coach "The Dragon Slayer," especially in last night's episode when he went on and on and on about Samurai code and all that during the RI duel. Could you imagine Phillip and Coach on the same season? Two Samurai warriors going head to head in an all out battle of weirdness!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Yeah, yeah... we know you're the smartest person in the game
    Because he's played so many times!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryca1dreams View Post
    I like Matt. I like his devotion to God and his overall attitude. I wish he would win - but he won't. He's too nice to "play" Survivor.

Nope, he's not too nice to play Survivor, he's just too stupid. One of the cardinal rules of Survivor is to never let on that you are undecided or that you are wavering. Most players prefer the devil you know and Matt was the proverbial candle in the wind, going whichever way the wind blew. Had he not had such a bond with Andrea, Rob may have kept him, but his potential to flip, plus potentially being a 2 person combo near the end was enough to seal his fate, plus he's a challenge threat.

Rob is just feasting on the amateurs this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Phillip is really reminding me of Coach "The Dragon Slayer," especially in last night's episode when he went on and on and on about Samurai code and all that during the RI duel. Could you imagine Phillip and Coach on the same season? Two Samurai warriors going head to head in an all out battle of weirdness!
    As much as I hate them bringing players back, this would actually make for some good TV. Maybe a season of all players who were voted out before jury, plus Phillip and Coach. People we don't know as well, who probably made big mistakes in the game, coming back for a second shot.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Maybe a season of all players who were voted out before jury, plus Phillip and Coach. People we don't know as well, who probably made big mistakes in the game, coming back for a second shot.
    There's already a show called The Biggest Loser.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Murlonio

Ok I'm sorry but I am TOTALLY rotflol about the whole Murlonio thing. I mean really really funny! We have some inside jokes like that-you have to know Amber was dying at home watching last night!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Ok I'm sorry but I am TOTALLY rotflol about the whole Murlonio thing. I mean really really funny! We have some inside jokes like that-you have to know Amber was dying at home watching last night!
    And again, to me this highlights the dingbats they cast this season. Totally funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Phillip is really reminding me of Coach "The Dragon Slayer"
    Yep ... said the exact same thing to DW when we watched. I almost wonder if that isn't intentional on Phillip's part?

Yeah, I thought that was really funny, too. The way everyone ate it up was even funnier!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Because he's played so many times!!!
    Poor Rob. Always a bridesmaid.....
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Poor Rob. Always a bridesmaid.....
    LOL..Luv it.

Actually I love Rob...always have. Matty...oh dear. I really do like Matt I just wish he'd get a "clue". I was so picturing Matt, "the girl" and Phillip going over to the "dark side" and voting Rob or Grant off (Grant is some yummy eye candy). But...Matt...oh Matt.

I rather wish "Bubba" (aka Ralph) didn't waste his idol on Mike. I really didn't see WHY he would do that BUT...I can only figure there MUST have been some "talk" that we missed to lead him to believe Mike was the one going.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

That has got to me one of the best highlights from this year so far....it was so funny. Actually, as he was saying it to the other tribe members, I was wondering just how he would know something like that....and then, of course, the other shoe drops

Some other season, someone did something like that, made up a word and said it meant something and the whole tribe loved it...but for the life of me, can't remember who it was
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Good episode last night, although it somewhat lacked in drama. The way Jeff read the votes there was really no question who was going to RI.

So I came away feeling like Rob's approach is going to fall apart shortly. You can't run your team so dictatorially, especially not when you have another Alpha Male like Grant on the team. That little rebellion over eating the fish was a signal from Grant to Rob. Let's see if Rob is smart enough to pick up on it.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

This season is such a disappointment for me. I really think I'm done, and then I continue to watch because after all, it is Survivor.

I hate any season where one group or tribe becomes dominant and arrogant, and yes, Rob is the godfather of arrogance. It makes things very boring to me. Add to it Phillip who takes things to a whole other level of ridiculousness (waaaay over anything Coach ever did). Stealth R Us? So stupid.

I feel like the only people with any substance aren't getting a chance to play this game because they are getting picked off by the cult leader, his little blondes, the caveman and the stealth bomber.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weird

I'm enjoying Rob and Phillip is just a whack-job but this week's episode was just plain weird to me, I thought I had missed something. It was just kind of boring with the double elimination. The cheeseburgers looked good though
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah I forgot to comment on the whole double elimination thing. The previews/write-ups for the show made it seem like it was one of those situations where Jeff surprises them at the start of the challenge by telling them two people are going home that day.

Instead it just happened to be a show where they ran two TC's instead of one? Kinda odd.

btw I'm not really buying into the fact that Phillip is really nuts. I think it's all an (relatively poorly done) act. I think he's intentionally trying to turn himself into a Coach-like figure ... maybe so he can get the press or maybe so they'll invite him back for subsequent shows. Either way it feels kind of forced and silly to me.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    btw I'm not really buying into the fact that Phillip is really nuts. I think it's all an (relatively poorly done) act. I think he's intentionally trying to turn himself into a Coach-like figure ... maybe so he can get the press or maybe so they'll invite him back for subsequent shows. Either way it feels kind of forced and silly to me.
    Probst said on Twitter that people felt cheated when they ran two TCs without a second Immunity Challenge, so they did it this way to try to make it more fair. It just felt rushed to me, too. And it was so predictable. I wanted a shake-up. What Julie said about the Cult really seemed to strike emotions in Rob and Grant, so maybe Grant will act on it finally? I hope so. I don't love the way that tribe is all acting like Rob is some sort of god. Probst also promises that next TC is going to be one of the most explosive in Survivor history. So... we'll see. Because it looks to me like Julie, Steve, or Ralph will be going and that's no earth-shattering news. Lets hope for sparks.

I agree with you on Phillip. Last show, he tipped his hand to the camera and let us see that maybe he is playing it up and isn't really the crazy Phillip we think he is after all. Is it all for manipulation and show? It might be. He recognizes it as a strategy that's working for him, and it could take him to the end. But could he win? Doubtful.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Instead it just happened to be a show where they ran two TC's instead of one? Kinda odd.

It certainly wasn't your typical 2 tribal council episode. What it felt like was that they simply took two normal one hour episodes and edited into a one hour show. Since they seem to no longer do two challenges (one reward and one immunity) they have been alloting more air time to Redemption Island and to strategic discussions. But, since there was no activity at Redemption Island and in all reality there was no drama, it was just a case of which two Zaps were going, I wonder if they simply gave us 2 episodes in one.

I couldn't tell how many days were between tribal. They can edit it to appear like one day, but I wonder if it was really three days. I don't remember, did Jeff tell the players anything about a double tribal? Or was it basically, here is your next immunity challenge? For, due to any lack of suspense and nothing happening at Redemption, they simply did a 2 for 1 but tried to market it as this big "two people will be eliminated tonight".

I don't know that he can hold it together but I love how Rob is playing it. My guess is the Ometepe 6 will stay together for at least two more tribals, then I could see someone maybe making a move.

I think with three people at RI, that next week there will be a 3 person challenge between Matt, Mike and Dave, with the winner reentering the game and the other two eliminated and off to the Ponderosa. After that, anyone eliminated will be on the jury. Assuming 7 on jury and 3 finalists. I suppose the two that lose at RI could go straight to the jury, but not sure they'd have a jury of 9.

This season won't rank anywhere near the top of the best seasons, but I am curious to see how it plays out.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    My guess is the Ometepe 6 will stay together for at least two more tribals, then I could see someone maybe making a move.
    Yeah I agree. I mean, if you think about it it's basically in the best interests of everyone from former Ometepe to get rid of all the Zaps before they worry about turning on each other.

It essentially guarantees that you're going to last to at least the final 6 and that's about as good as anyone can hope for before you really have to start playing the game for real for real.

If I had to guess, I'd say they vote out the rest of the Zaps and then Grant and Phillip wise up and turn on Rob. Rob will sniff it out, use his idol, someone else will go, and then it'll be a free-for-all until the end.

Gotta say I like Grant's chances, though. He's a strong competitor and that close to the end it's all about immunity.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    For, due to any lack of suspense and nothing happening at Redemption, they simply did a 2 for 1 but tried to market it as this big "two people will be eliminated tonight".
    I think this is the case, as they knew how boring it would be to have two weeks of this.

Reading Probst's most recent blog, and he points out how Rob lucked out with his 'naive' teammates, and that his fate would have been totally different on the other tribe. It's not rocket science folks, he's just taking advantage of starstruck fan girls and YEARS of experience. I was even reading Parvati's take and how she's bored by it all.

I'm holding out hope that Grant and Andrea can get something going with whoever returns from RI. Surely there has been some strategizing that we haven't seen.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: