Quantcast The Amazing Race 18 - Unfinished Business - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mallory did NOT need any caffeine. I'm surprised she wasn't more hyper.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It was probably best that Margie & Luke were eliminated. I don't think Luke could handle much more.

I think they've exhausted the racers pretty well so far, and that's taken a toll on all of them.

This race started out pretty good but has gotten sort of boring. I miss the close races during the race and I miss teams falling behind. I hate how they catch everyone up at every leg now.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I picked Margie & Luke and Jamie & Cara ...
    Well I sure can pick 'em, can't I??? Eliminted back-to-back ... Fab!

Anyway, Luke just reinforced for me last night why I could never support him. He went on the show with the premise that he was going to prove that a deaf person could compete on the race, yet every time he faced even the slightest bit of adversity he folded like a cheap suit and cried like a baby. Not that I think this means the average deaf person is not fully capable of competing on an even playing field with hearing-capable folks, but it does mean that Luke failed epicly in his quest to prove it. He's a big baby and, seeing the way his Mom dealt with him, I can understand why. That boy needs a kick in the rear end. Man up, son.

Anyway, I thought last night's episode was pretty good. It felt like it had a bit more pizzazz to me that some of the other shows so far. I liked the challenges (especially the one with those little "school busses"!) and felt like the end was a bit more dramatic than it has been so far. Very glad to see the Trotters survive, even though it was the expense of my last time standing.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was really on Luke's side and wanted him to do well, but I guess it was time for him to go.

I'm glad the three teams with the Kentucky connection are doing well. Now if Ron & Christina would get the boot, I'd be happy.

Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

so far. I liked the challenges (especially the one with those little "school busses"!) and felt like the end was a bit more dramatic than it has been so far. Very glad to see the Trotters survive, even though it was the expense of my last time standing.

I was actually surprised by how easy the school bus task was. You would think that having to direct the driver (in India) to a location would have proven to be more difficult, but it appeared that all the teams that did that task did it much quicker than painting the statue. I believe K&V were the first ones to get the detour clue, and did the painting, yet they checked in 5th.

I didn't feel too much drama. If you paid attention to the editing you will notice that they (I think anyway) that they never showed Ron & Christine getting their clue to the pitstop), basically they never showed them and the Trotters together, so you knew there had to be a big gap between 6th & 7th. The editing was pretty splicy when M&L got to the task and at times it looked like they were closer to completion then I think they really were. When the Trotters finally left there was a brief glance at M&L's statue and it didn't appear close to being done. Of course we had the obligatory "we can't find a cab scene" followed by M&L getting one right away, but the only drama I had was whether or not it would be non-elimination.

Despite being a long leg time wise, really there wasn't much to it, it was pretty concise, with few tasks or locations to find.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the other teams figured out the significance of their "easy" task at the tea tasting in China. Why would they just have to sit down, sip tea, and then get their next clue?
    There had to be more to it than that -- and there was.

Watching Luke at the tea tasting was grueling for me. I felt bad for him, but I was relieved when he and his Mom got eliminated. My heart was warmed by the supportive staff at the tasting. How sweet of them to cheer Luke on when he was down.

On the other hand, I believe Zev earned his big RUDE award for smashing the cup after being turned down by the judge.

I'm still rooting for my Cowboys.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    On the other hand, I believe Zev earned his big RUDE award for smashing the cup after being turned down by the judge.
    Eh, I felt that too at first but then I reminded myself that he has Asperger's, which does (I think) have some impluse control components to it. He probably just couldn't help it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of on the side that found this episode anti-climactic. Even with the taxi scenario, I knew Margie and Luke wouldn't beat the Trotters unless they got uber lost.

I actually yelled at the TV at the groups who clearly thought they were just enjoying a tea ceremony and that was it. There is no such thing as a free tea... haha.

And yes, Zev breaking the cup was not nice, but it can be a trait of Aspergers to have freak outs when they are in upsetting/high pressure situations. Remember how he was with the Chinese animals charms challenge?

I am surprised at Gary and Mallory doing so well. Mallory has taken her hyperactivity to a ridiculous level.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Omg!

So glad Margie and Luke are gone.

Zev did earn a rude award.

And Mallory needs to take it down a notch.

Other than that Cowboys and Globetrotters keep it up. Both good teams with good attitudes.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tea...

I sort of liked the tea challenge-I wondered why more of them didn't try to just smell it good before drinking it. I'm also a little surprised Luke didn't get sick from drinking all of that-blech.

I'm glad Margie and Luke are gone, he bugged me. Just plain and simple.

Mallory doesn't bug me like she does some of you, but I did think it was funny when they played that joke on her and had her running around. Isn't $20K prize at the pit stop about the most we have ever seen for one leg of the race?
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I sort of liked the tea challenge-I wondered why more of them didn't try to just smell it good before drinking it. I'm also a little surprised Luke didn't get sick from drinking all of that-blech.
    I was more surprised that wasn't a race to the restroom after everyone drank all that tea.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Isn't $20K prize at the pit stop about the most we have ever seen for one leg of the race?
    I think $20,000 is the single largest cash prize given at any pitstop (other than the final $1M pitstop). It's been done a few times before and they've also given away a $20,000 travel shopping spree (Ron & Kelly season 7).

Not sure what the single biggest prize is though. In season 8 Family Edition they (BP) gave free gas for life to each team member, so not sure what the actual value of that was, but probably more than $20,000. Also, in season 7 they gave away 2 Toyota RAV4 which is obviously worth more than $20,000.

But I do think that $20,000 is the biggest cash prize for winning a leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I felt that too at first but then I reminded myself that he has Asperger's, which does (I think) have some impluse control components to it. He probably just couldn't help it.
    Oh yeah. I keep forgetting he has a problem, probably because he does pretty well in spite of it. Still, I felt embarrassed... I know it's silly.

I just rememberd that Christine asked what kind of tea they were drinking in China. She may have figured out that it would be useful later on.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Zev's silver PJ!!
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

I also hate how they catch everyone up all the time.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if they had a way to kinda catch them up but still leave them separated somewhat it would be better, but that first season where one of the final 3 teams was a day and a continent behind made for a little less drama than we'd like.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    Well, if they had a way to kinda catch them up but still leave them separated somewhat it would be better, but that first season where one of the final 3 teams was a day and a continent behind made for a little less drama than we'd like.
    I remember that well. My thoughts also turned to what a nightmare that must have been for the production company and the cost involued in having to have the film crews split like that.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Was there no episode tonight?
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Was there no episode tonight?
    Nope. The Country Music Awards were on during that time. The next episode is next Sunday night.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was all pumped for an episode. Oh well.

Yes I agree it was time for Luke and Margie to go. I think Luke might have something else wrong with him other than just the deafness. Maybe Aspergers might be the answer...but I don't really know but it will explain his "tantrums".

IF that is NOT the case then...ol' Luke might need to toughen up a bit...I'm very very hard of hearing but it's not an excuse for not being able to do physical tasks. The Cowboys had a tough time in the very beginning trying to decipher that puzzle but they didn't break down about it.

I love my cowboys and I love Mallory. She is sooo cute. I really appreciate those racers who can "appreciate" the experience in each country. That would probably be a BIG winning point for me as much as winning the million.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: